SRT10 Forum banner

Hennessey Venom 650R For Sale

17K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  TNVIPER 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a black, 2004 Ram SRT-10 Regular Cab, Hennessey Venom 650R for sale. This is the truck that was featured in Truck Trend and Motor Trend. It currently has 9,998 miles on it. I am the 3rd owner. I live in Illinois. The truck was originally from Florida. Clean title. No wrecks. Always garaged. Never driven in snow or on salty roads. I will be posting pictures soon. I can be e-mailed at re539@yahoo.com

#3 ·
Viperam2 said:
price???????
Hennessey charged $34,500 for the Venom 650R package. Here are links to the Truck Trend article and the Hennessey mods.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/performance/163_0412_2004_dodge_ram_srt10_hennessey/index.html

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...NoqH&DoThis=Dodge+Viper+SRT10&ActionReq=Where

You are the moderator, so you have a lot more experience in seeing what modified SRT-10s are bringing. What is your honest opinion of what I should expect to get?

#4 ·
Venom 650R said:
Hennessey charged $34,500 for the Venom 650R package. Here are links to the Truck Trend article and the Hennessey mods.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/performance/163_0412_2004_dodge_ram_srt10_hennessey/index.html

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com...NoqH&DoThis=Dodge+Viper+SRT10&ActionReq=Where

You are the moderator, so you have a lot more experience in seeing what modified SRT-10s are bringing. What is your honest opinion of what I should expect to get?
unfortunately u bought a package that wont yield u much in return,possibly 30k if the right person comes along

#5 ·
flchub said:
unfortunately u bought a package that wont yield u much in return,possibly 30k if the right person comes along
Unfortunately that is true.

Based on name you might get someone to bite on ebay that doesn`t know what a crook Hennessey is.

#6 ·
have you read the papers???? it's not really a great time to be downsizing your toy collection, in my opinion...if you could keep her a bit longer, i'm thinking these trucks may climb back up towards some sort of "collectable"...that's what i think

#7 ·
Venom 650R said:

From what I've seen over the past year, Trucks with no mods are doing better at resale than the ones that already have all the gear. In fact a lot of the folks that have sold and taken the mods off and sold the mods separately and in the long run have net'd more of a return. But this is something you will have to determine on your own. Going back to basically stock does not guarantee a sale but the turbo setup as a separate sell would probable sell faster. people are always looking for an easy and cheaper way to pick up FI or SC.

The average is 22-25k and the mods are not increasing the price. I've seen 10's go for as little as 19k and some are for sale in the 17-18k range.

This would just be my thought. Selling a JH product on any Viper Forum may not get you the best return on your investment. You almost got to find someone like me that when I first saw this truck.....I had to have one, regardless of the price. Craigslist, local paper, something, but not where JH has upset people. The comments that may be made about JH in general will probably scare away any potential buyer or the buyer would want it for a ridiculously low price.

Again, just my thoughts

Jeff

#8 ·
well said, jeff...the 650 package is an N/A motor, is it not...so i don't think in this case it would be as beneficial as a turbo or s/c setup you could just remove and sell

#9 ·
viperhauler said:
well said, jeff...the 650 package is an N/A motor, is it not...so i don't think in this case it would be as beneficial as a turbo or s/c setup you could just remove and sell

Yea....Sorry....

I forgot that we were talking about the 650R

I'm so used to seeing JH products with Turbos :pat:

Thanks

VJ

#12 ·
Thanks for the all the feedback everyone. I am getting the impression that $30K is the most I should expect. Correct? I was hoping for $40-45K, but in light of Hennessey's rep, and the economy, gas prices, etc., $30K doesn't surprise me. I am uploading some pics, with this post.
Venom 650R
re539@yahoo.com

Attachments

#15 ·
#16 ·
Viperam2 said:
Now the good part about some of the reading I done over the years. I've never heard anyone having a problem with the forged engines built by JH.

This would be a great truck for someone to start with........

ROE anyone?
You would have to get the compression down to supercharge the 650 engine. Its sitting at 11:1 with that stroker setup.

#17 ·
Papabear said:
You would have to get the compression down to supercharge the 650 engine. Its sitting at 11:1 with that stroker setup.
I agree. When I talked to HPE, I was told that the Venom 650R engine is the foundation, that the Venom 1000 Twin-Turbo is built upon (but with low-compression pistons). Here is the link to the Venom 650R package.

It does seem to have some beefy parts in there. As many pictures of grenaded Viper eingines that I have seen on various forums, I would think that by now, guys would want to do this kind of stuff before they even considered laughing gas, or forced induction.

#18 ·
Venom 650R said:
It does seem to have some beefy parts in there. As many pictures of grenaded Viper eingines that I have seen on various forums, I would think that by now, guys would want to do this kind of stuff before they even considered laughing gas, or forced induction.
As you can tell, I'm no mechanic.......:bigeyes:

But agreed. It's suprising how many still don't consider the bottom end of the engine when increasing HP

VJ

#19 ·
Viperam2 said:
As you can tell, I'm no mechanic.......:bigeyes:

But agreed. It's suprising how many still don't consider the bottom end of the engine when increasing HP

VJ
I think that lack of concern over stock internals comes from the dozens of stories we have all heard, about guys making big power, with big HP external add-ons (like turbos), and the motor (supposedly) has a hundred runs down the strip and still runs like new. The reallity no one wants to face is, there are just as many stories of guys blowin' 'em up with stock internals and big power adders. This goes for everyone; Vipers, Mustangs, Vettes.....You name it. Another reallity no one wants to face is, mass produced components have radical differences in quality (I work in engineering. If you saw what I have, you would question the reliability of a tooth brush). Take 100 factory connecting rods, and the strongest may be literaly twice as strong as the weakest. The manufactures will all deny their tolerances are this bad.....Trust me. They are. I would never even consider adding big power to any engine, without beefing up the internals.

#27 ·
What are the actual HP on these trucks cause I only see bolt ons or do they have head work as well?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.