SRT10 Forum banner

Scammer alert !!!!!!!!!!!

19K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  SoCal Cuda 
#1 · (Edited)
SCAMMER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!

A MARK LAWRENCE and/or FRANK LUCAS are running scams on this site. They pose and act as buyers and then pay using counterfeit checks, instructing the seller to Western Union the “Included” Movers funds to another person who will the arrive to pickup the item.

The counterfeit check will bounce and you will be out that amount plus whatever amount you Western Union to the “Mover”.

They are using Phone # 202-573-8930 and email : rreric026@googlemail.com

#4 ·
i dont believe that these crooks are forum members, they called me and said they saw my ad on our forum. they sent me a counterfit check for payment amd then after i received payment they called me and asked me to western union the shipper fees to someone else. that raised some red flags to me, so i went to my local bank of america and asked them to check out this check for me before i deposited it. it came back counterfit and it was a scam. i feel for the owner of this business whos checking account was compromised.

#5 ·
Did you notify both Your and Their Local Police Departments... That way they can go away for a Long Time making Little Rocks out of Big Ones..... :) :) :) :)

#6 ·
You have to be careful when buying or selling on the net. I have a nice 69 Camero ss in my shop right now that a guy bought from some business out of California. he watched some video clips and had it shipped here. it sounds like a bb with a cam. nope cylinder 8 intake pustrod fell off somehow and they cranked down on the exhaust rocker to open the valve fulltime. runs pretty good for 7 cylinders. never know what people will do to make a buck

#7 ·
Yeah...people SUCK sometimes....
That's why I like this forum so much!!!!!
From my very first post, everyone was cool and respectful and bent over backwards to help me restore my original sound system!!!!!
Coolest guys you will ever find on the internet...guaranteed! :hug:

funny as Hell too........ :biglaugh:

#8 ·
I completely second that sentiment, Garebone. I was a member for 5 months before I bought my truck and got nothing but support and encouragement from these fellas. You all are the BEST!

#9 ·
yeah, i really like this forum too. thats why i wanted to let everyone know about those crooks. with times being the way they are, if that check would of went thru my account would of been screwed up big time. theirs nothing worse than a thief or liar in my book. the bank and me both called the cops but theirs multiple jurisdictions involved so i guess we will see what happens.

#10 ·
These guy(s) or gal(s) have been popping up all over the net, mostly trolling craigslist and other car forums.. Google the email address or phone number and they pop up. Usually when I buy something off a forum I usually google the crap out of their contact info just to make sure =)

#11 ·
does that mean u still have it for sale or its sold still somebody else

#20 ·
SCAMMER ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!

A MARK LAWRENCE and/or FRANK LUCAS are running scams on this site. They pose and act as buyers and then pay using counterfeit checks, instructing the seller to Western Union the “Included” Movers funds to another person who will the arrive to pickup the item.

The counterfeit check will bounce and you will be out that amount plus whatever amount you Western Union to the “Mover”.

They are using Phone # 202-573-8930 and email : rreric026@googlemail.com
That's the oldest scam on the internet.
****bags online!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.