My Roe Racing Theottle body experience - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 04-13-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
RAMyellowSRT10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Unhappy My Roe Racing Theottle body experience

I bought the throttle body for my 05' yellow fever single cab. I followed the instructions, ground off my old screws, pressed out the bearings, installed the new bearings with hot water and lock tight as recommended, then installed the shaft and plate as instructed. This thing would never idle like factory as I assumed. Idle was about 1,100 Rpms. Then when I drives it ughhhhh!!! Super sticky throttle and idle wouldn't return. Would sit at about 2,500rpms after a slow deceleration. So I read forums and came to the conclusion of plate sticking inside the housing or bad TPS. I pulled the unit apart and sanded down the outside of the plate to get the paper around all edges as recommended on forums. Resembled and it ran better, but still high idle about 1,100rmps. I adjusted the screw on the housing and could get 850rpms, but my wide band would read real lean at idle for a bit after driving. So I pulled it back apart and sanded some more thinking the plate was still hanging. I checked all my gaps and could see light around all the plate inside the throttle body housing. So, I reassembled. Then everything was ****ed. Throttle sticking, higher idle etc. I bought a BBK and installed it today. Runs perfect right out of the box! Just as factory did. This is my daily driver, so this is the outcome I need. Your unit is really pretty, but how do I make it work? I am out about $400 now having to buy 2 units about $850. I don't understand how you can sell something that has so many factors to equate failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement