Mopar CAI installation instructions - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #1 of 16 Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
rbuzz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mopar CAI installation instructions?

I know a lot of you guys have installed the Mopar Cold Air Induction setup. Could anybody scan and post the installation instructions that came with it? I'd like to see exactly what I'm going to have to do to install it before I make the final decision on whether to buy it or not. I've checked with a couple of Dodge dealers in the area, even the one that has a Mopar Speed Shop on the premises and supposedly specializes in Mopar Performance Parts and they know next to nothing. They can give me the suggested price and they say that it is a new part, but other than that they know nothing, and have no pictures or other information on it. It's amazing how little these dealers know about the vehicles and the accessories for the vehicles that they sell. I've seen a whole lot more information on parts for our trucks on this website than I could ever hope to find out from the dealers who are supposed to be the experts on our trucks. Thanks.

Last edited by rbuzz; 11-30-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Mopar_Mudder

I could if I didn't have my room all tore apart and no scanner hooked up. Maybe this week end I can do it. Only thing I will warn you about is that this kit is made for the 04, on the 05 the breather tubes that go to the intake tube are located a little different so you have to do some fitting.

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red. 12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2003 3500 Quad Cab Dually Long Box 4x4, Flame Red, Laramie w/sport package, Cummins HO 6 speed, 4.10 LSD, Red, all the extras except the side air bags !!!! - Jacobs Exhaust Brake, B&W Hitch, Jordan controler, DPP 4" Exhaust, Edge EZ, X-Monitor, Scotty Ram Air III .....
post #3 of 16 Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
rbuzz

Mopar CAI

This weekend or whenever would be fine, there's no big hurry. My truck is in storage for the winter anyway so I've got plenty of time. I appreciate the offer, it will be a big help. My truck is an '04 so it sounds like it would be a little easier to install. Again it just amazes me that the dealers are so little help on anything that you ask them. Does anyone know if this CAI is listed in the Mopar Performance Catalog? It seems like it is so new that no one knows anything about it. I've learned more about it from the people on this forum than from all of the dealers that I have talked to. Thanks again for the help.

post #4 of 16 Old 12-03-2005, 11:31 PM
King Ray

Where's the best place to buy one of these Mopar units, and what does it look like?
post #5 of 16 Old 12-04-2005, 06:54 AM
KingVinnie

post #6 of 16 Old 12-05-2005, 04:37 PM
King Ray

Thanks, fellow King! BTW, I was down in your area on Saturday. I drove down and back from the Space Coast area just to get the break-in over on my black '05 SRT-10 that I bought last week.
post #7 of 16 Old 12-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Mopar_Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbuzz
I know a lot of you guys have installed the Mopar Cold Air Induction setup. Could anybody scan and post the installation instructions that came with it? I'd like to see exactly what I'm going to have to do to install it before I make the final decision on whether to buy it or not. I've checked with a couple of Dodge dealers in the area, even the one that has a Mopar Speed Shop on the premises and supposedly specializes in Mopar Performance Parts and they know next to nothing. They can give me the suggested price and they say that it is a new part, but other than that they know nothing, and have no pictures or other information on it. It's amazing how little these dealers know about the vehicles and the accessories for the vehicles that they sell. I've seen a whole lot more information on parts for our trucks on this website than I could ever hope to find out from the dealers who are supposed to be the experts on our trucks. Thanks.

Check the new thread that I started:

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/sho...119#post106119

2003 3500 Quad Cab Dually Long Box 4x4, Flame Red, Laramie w/sport package, Cummins HO 6 speed, 4.10 LSD, Red, all the extras except the side air bags !!!! - Jacobs Exhaust Brake, B&W Hitch, Jordan controler, DPP 4" Exhaust, Edge EZ, X-Monitor, Scotty Ram Air III .....
post #8 of 16 Old 12-14-2005, 12:43 PM
King Ray

Thanks, MM. that's awesome. Did you do the cam too?
post #9 of 16 Old 12-14-2005, 02:06 PM
Mopar_Mudder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ray
Thanks, MM. that's awesome. Did you do the cam too?
Nope, I'm done, didnt' want any major modifications.

post #10 of 16 Old 12-14-2005, 04:41 PM
King Ray

What about driving in a hard rain and water getting to the intake through the hood scoop? Are there drains in the Mopar CAI intake to drain the water out? I know Jim Hall at Halltech had a bag for his intake that sat behind the front license plate on C5 Vettes. Also, where's the best place to get the part kits you ordered? Eventually I'd like to do intake, headers and exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement