SRT10 Forum banner

05 QC Brake squealing?

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  1-FAST-SRT-10 
#1 ·
Have 1200 miles, and brakes are squealing like a 50k mile car. During slow stops, kinda strange never happen before in a new car. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Allen

2005 QC Black
Magnaflow
Lowered 2"F 4"B
K&N

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Allen,let the mods begin. :D

My brakes do that on occasion when they are cold and I have 11K+ on mine.Might just be a cold brake problem???

#3 ·
There have been several threads on this forum that have talked about this. Brake noise is common on high performance brakes. Just hit the brakes hard at about 60mph to a complete stop. That should clear it up. BTW welcome to the forum!

#4 ·
Coach said:
There have been several threads on this forum that have talked about this. Brake noise is common on high performance brakes. Just hit the brakes hard at about 60mph to a complete stop. That should clear it up. BTW welcome to the forum!

Yep, what he said :D

#5 ·
Welcome Allen

I had the same problem and yes its normal for high perf. brakes to do this. I just did the brake deal and it went away.....actually I hit the brakes harder than normal last night at the track just for that reason..

patrick

#7 ·
BigDodgeInAlaska said:
Brakes?? What are you using the Brakes for?

Brakes? We Don't need no stinkin Brakes!!! :D :D

Thats funny, But true! Mine will give off a squeal when cold but it goes away quick ;)

#10 ·
I agree, it is annoying. My brakes do it too and it started right around 1,500 miles. As annoying and even a little embarassing as the squeal is, it pales in comparison to how annoying all that friggin' brake dust is on my front wheels!

#11 ·
Guys, i tried the slam on your brakes at 60mph thing, they are still squeaking.
It is embarassing to have a clean badass truck, then pull up to a stop light and all you here is squeaking. Hell, the squeaking is louder than my magnaflows. Any suggestions? Should i drive it off a cliff, and just go get a new one? :)

#12 ·
Squeaking after hard braking?

My 2005 QC is quiet during the week, when I just commute to work, but today when I was rushing around and took it up and down to 100 mph several times the brakes started squeaking. Okay afterwards ... so it seems in my case it is the heavy use that brings it on? I had many heads turn just because of the squeaking, not very becoming for the SRT-10.

My only experience with high performance brakes has been on racing bikes and a BMW3 series. None have squeaked ... is it the weight of the truck that puts it all into a different realm or just something about this setup?

#13 ·
my rear brakes make the same noise i fee l your pain I SPOKE TO 2 VIPER TECS AT 2 DIFFRENT DEALERS THEY BOLTH SAID THAT THE PADS ON OUR TRUCKS ARE FULL METALLAC THATS THE PROBLEM . I DID HERE THAT ORGANIC IS MAKING A CERAMIC PAD COULD BE THE ONE.

#14 ·
mak9177 said:
Guys, i tried the slam on your brakes at 60mph thing, they are still squeaking.
It is embarassing to have a clean badass truck, then pull up to a stop light and all you here is squeaking. Hell, the squeaking is louder than my magnaflows. Any suggestions? Should i drive it off a cliff, and just go get a new one? :)
Mak, if it is that loud,,,it is dealr time... :mad: tell them it needs fixin really bad. :(
don't let them give you any crap about it either. :(

Dallas :cool:

#15 ·
Hey ,guys i have a 2005 QC with about 1500 miles ,went to the dealer today to check the brakes ,they cant find anything wrong ,there so noisy i think people dont look at the truck because it's nice ...it's noisy like a wreck. I would really like to get rid of the noise at any cost . Any recomendation ? Will get install the Magnaflow catback on friday hope it will cover some of the noise !

#18 · (Edited)
Magnaflow installed...WOW . But does not cover the brake squealing...

#19 ·
Is there any ceramic brake pad availlable ?
I went back to the dealer today they say they cant do anything ...
So looking for any solutions , braking hard does not help much...

#21 ·
New Part Number to Address your Brake Noise Issues 05143402AB

The pad compound on the SRT10 Ram Trucks is the same as what's on the Viper... it is very aggressive.

Mopar has just released a service part number to address the noise you may be experiencing:

05143402AB

This part number applies to all 2005 STD or QUAD vehicles (the 2004 vehicle had different front calipers if you recall). The change incorporates radial chamfers and a special insulator material to address the squeaks.

-toohigh ;)

#23 ·
ThankSS Tom for the heads up.Any solution for the `04 model issues?

#24 ·
I like the riding of a cliff idea since it's the only solutions for now ...If someone as a better idea please come with it before i do something bad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.