SRT10 Forum banner

new rims for drag slicks

20K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  melansonc98 
#1 ·
Hello, I am new here in the forum and hopefully somebody can help me. I am from Germany and baught a Dogde Ram SRT10 and now I am looking for some rims and drag slicks but it´s very hard to get it in Germany. At first my question if somebody can help me to find the right size. I mean which size of rim do I need to search and which wheels. maybe somebody has some experiences. In Germany the sizes are like 325/50 R22" but I don´t know what i need for the Hoosier wheels. Which rims should I take (size? 18" or what) and which size for the wheels (345/50or smaller)?
Maybe somebody of you can help me to make this sport in Germany also more and more attractive.
I had a look at Hoosier and fourd type 18120 D06 26.0 / 9.0-15 but which rim do I need? Any idea who sell and send out to Germany?
thank you very much

#3 ·
Slicks are very tough on our trucks. The first thing you need to do is have the rear calipers ground down to clear a 16" wheel. Next you need to determine by your transmission and rear end gear ratios which tire is ideal to optimize the use of the slicks. I can help you with finding the proper tire size, as well as the proper wheel. I do have an extra set of rear calipers that I am having ground down to run slicks this summer as well.

#4 ·
Hello, I am new here in the forum and hopefully somebody can help me. I am from Germany and baught a Dogde Ram SRT10 and now I am looking for some rims and drag slicks but it´s very hard to get it in Germany. At first my question if somebody can help me to find the right size. I mean which size of rim do I need to search and which wheels. maybe somebody has some experiences. In Germany the sizes are like 325/50 R22" but I don´t know what i need for the Hoosier wheels. Which rims should I take (size? 18" or what) and which size for the wheels (345/50or smaller)?
Maybe somebody of you can help me to make this sport in Germany also more and more attractive.
I had a look at Hoosier and fourd type D06 26.0 / 9.0-15 but which rim do I need? Any idea who sell and send out to Germany?
thank you very much
Hi, i am also from Germany and certainly can help you.
As mentioned before you can go with Slicks on 16" rims but have to grind down
calipers, or you start with drag radials like M+H 390/40 on 17" rims (without grinding of calipers)

I have almost every month coming parts from US to Germany so no problem to send rims and tires in one of the container !

Have fun in this forum.

Arne

#5 ·
jumpin in, will this size work, going to 16" wheels.
30/14.0-16LT slicks. I have 4.56 gears.

any info would be great thanks

#6 ·
Do you already have the tires? The reason I ask is if you can measure them and get me the diameter I can tell you what your trap speed would be with those tires.

#7 ·
nope dont have them yet, soon.
per the web site, 30/14.0-16LT Cheater ... MHD11: Diameter: 30" Circumference: 94" Rim Width: 10"

#8 ·
That tire is a little short for you. You will be running 113.3mph at 6,000 rpm in 4th gear.

#9 ·
A 32" tire would be better suited for you and would give you approximately 121mph at 6000 rpm in 4th gear.

#12 ·
hello,
I will be using 16" wheels and this is all I could find uin that size.
M & H 31.5/12.0 16 nostalgia

#15 ·
No I have not been able to, the tracks dont open till May.
I need to dyno one more time to make sure on the A/F.
When watching my guage between 2000rpm and 5000 in 3rd gear I'm about 11.1 A/F.

#17 ·
Not sure the trap speed, but going to do some data logging tomorrow.
I will see if the app has 1/4 recording.

#19 ·
They are beautiful! I have the exact same tire, just a different wheel. Did you have your rear calipers ground down yet?

#20 ·
Grinding starts tomorrow, it dose not look like it will take much, I hope.

#21 ·
There are some great pictures on the vtcoa, member name was moparracing ?

It actually takes a significant amount of grinding. I've been trying to find a machine shop that will do them for me to make it look cleaner.

#22 ·
yep a bit of grinding, one done, the on and off killed me. the second one should go faster.

#23 ·
Street Legal Slicks

Mickey Thompson
305/35R/20 3727R (30.5" Dia.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.