SRT10 Forum banner

Engine sputtering

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  V10 fever 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 qc with 55000miles as a daily driver for the past 4 years.
Mostly drive to and from work, about 6miles each trip. Never had any issues doing that.
Today I drove about 120 miles and the engine starts sputtering very bad, random up and down shifts.
Let it cool down, issue gone until it warmed up and it started doing it again.
I'm sure it's no fuel issue because I run on propane injection and tried running on petrol as well, no difference.
The sputtering became so bad I had to pull it into tow to prevent shifting all the time.
I did a short test at WOT and it shifted down suddenly at about 100mph making the rear go sideways (wet road) :eek
The last 50 miles on the return trip The engine check light went on.
Tomorrow I'll try to pull a code with the key on/off test. My sct did not pul any codes, but I could reset the light with it for a short while.
Idle seems to be fine. During the sputtering the tachometer needle moves eraticaly up and down.
There seems to be no issue giving it a short WOT, going off throttle give a popping sound in the exhaust.

Any ideas?

See less See more
#2 ·
This morning I pulled a code from the dash and it says;
P0121-TP SENSOR VOLTAGE DOES NOT AGREE WITH MAP - SRT10

First I'm going to reset the TP sensor, I replaced the battery a while back and did not do that.
If this does not cure the problem I will replace the sensor, maybe I'm just going to order a new one anyhow. Just to make sure to have one aside if resetting it will not cure the problem.

#4 ·
Did a reset today and the truck ran like it never did before. Throttle sesponse is much better now.
Still going to order a new tps, just in case it comes back.

#6 ·
Hi ,,
It's my first time in any forum but I learned so many things from this forum and I hope someone can help me ,,
I have 2004 ram srt10 6 speed with
- Paxton supercharger
- Belanger headers w/o cats
- 69 lb injectors
- 2 bar map sensor
- dual walbro fuel pump ( came with supercharger .
I faced a problem that when I hit the acceleration ( wot ) the car start to hesitate ( seems like cutoff ) from 2000 rpm to 3000 rpm then it's running smooth,, and some times it's happened from 4500 rpm ( no check engine light) ,,
I have installed a new map sensor and new o2 sensor ( upstream and downstream) but the problem still exists.
Any ideas thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.