HURST MANUAL SHIFTER 2 - 3 gear miss at WOT - Page 10 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #91 of 95 Old 08-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Mopar_Mudder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitedrifter
I like the look of the handle and ergonomics of it. Would like to also fool people into thinking the hurst shifter is just that BAD ASS.

Site
Same here, would like it to apear stock

2005 SRT-10 Regular Cab Flame Red. 12.771 @ 109.67 <-----Time Slip --Video
Mopar: Headers, Exhaust, Ram Air, ECM

2003 3500 Quad Cab Dually Long Box 4x4, Flame Red, Laramie w/sport package, Cummins HO 6 speed, 4.10 LSD, Red, all the extras except the side air bags !!!! - Jacobs Exhaust Brake, B&W Hitch, Jordan controler, DPP 4" Exhaust, Edge EZ, X-Monitor, Scotty Ram Air III .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 08-22-2006, 05:18 PM
srteric

count me in too!!!!!!!!!!!!

2004 Regular cab Black srt-10, #1712 of 3057 built Manufactured : 4/16/04 ready for something new.
post #93 of 95 Old 08-23-2006, 06:24 AM
Prof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitedrifter
I like the look of the handle and ergonomics of it. Would like to also fool people into thinking the hurst shifter is just that BAD ASS.

Site
You would love the X-metal lever, it is a great improvement, but I understand that some would like to keep the Hurst lever...I have asked Boomer to check out this thread and respond to your questions...

Prof
Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.
post #94 of 95 Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 PM
movinon

contact info

Anyone got the tech service contact info for the Hurst shifter?

I would like to nudge them along about the shifter upgrade kit.

Ed...........movinon

'o4 SRT-10 Ram #1201 - Black.... it's BEAUTIFUL!
post #95 of 95 Old 09-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Prof

You guys are very motivated, and you are right, the stock shifter is terrible. Understand that Hurst will only give this thing lip service (which is fine at the right time) but they will never do anything to correct the problem on a discontinued vehicle...the best they will ever do is to create a shifter for another vehicle that has a solution that might be applied to our trucks at our expense.

I have been a CEO of three corporations...the business decision is clear...Hurst has moved on to other things...as they should have...if there were 60,000 of these things on the market...maybe they would have done something, but with maybe 4000, they have no interest in throwing more time and dollars into this issue.

Give it up! Get over it! (Quote the Eagles)

I have the X-metal Gen IV shifter and it solves the problem (read: fishtails when I hit third hard)...

Boomer said it best back on the first page of this thread.

Prof
Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement