05 QC automatic transmission problems - Page 7 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #61 of 65 Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Prof

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc T
It is normal, they will turn off on there own. It is merely a safety feature so you can see to walk to your house or wherever with a little light.
Marc is correct...I usually turn the lights off before I turn the ignition off...that over-rides the convenience lighting feature.

Prof
Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 01-28-2008, 04:37 PM
ACES DODGERAM

thanks
where will i find the info for band adjustment on the net or a dealer only ???
post #63 of 65 Old 02-03-2008, 01:21 PM
spydertt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES DODGERAM
thanks
where will i find the info for band adjustment on the net or a dealer only ???
I started a new thread in general disscusion with the adjustment I used on my truck ( 05 QC ). I wander how many dealer techs know to use ATF+4 fluid. All the rebuilders I know ALWAYS replace the torque convertor any time the trans gets rebuilt, Is the dealer doing this? I put a rebuilt trans in a customers Ram and the rebuilder would not warranty it unless the cooler was REPLACED . They said that the type of cooler was good at trapping gunk and flushing would not get it all. Jasper trans and some rebuild shops have flushing machines that pulsates heated fluid thru the cooler to break loose gunk. If you by a Jasper trans you can rent the flush tool from them and send it back with core. What method of flushing the cooler and lines is the dealer using? I dont know how much the cooler cost but it might prevent a repeat failure
The 94-? Dodge trucks had a check valve built into the cooler line to prevent the cooler from draining back and causing delayed engagement on cold starts. Do our trucks have these? Some trans shops were eliminating or replacing these because they would restric flow or get plugged up. Again I dont know if our trucks have these check valves ( I'll wait for the snow to melt and crawl under mine.) so any trans expert out there chime in any time.
post #64 of 65 Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
supay

My tranny blows also. Had the bands tightened at 34000 miles but still not acting quite right. WOT it slips going to third. Slips to the point of hitting the rev limiter. I think i'm just gonna break down and but a good aftermarket one if I can find one. Dodge autos suck. SRT? Still Replacing Transmissions
post #65 of 65 Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Prof

Quote:
Originally Posted by supay
My tranny blows also. Had the bands tightened at 34000 miles but still not acting quite right. WOT it slips going to third. Slips to the point of hitting the rev limiter. I think i'm just gonna break down and but a good aftermarket one if I can find one. Dodge autos suck. SRT? Still Replacing Transmissions

The QC transmission is the first thing that needs work. Whether you mod the engine or not, it is the initial weak point. If you have a RC, it is the rear end. Spider gears just will not hold any significant increase in hp and tq.

Prof
Roe Racing TSTM SC, w/Water Meth injection; Roe TB; Westech custom exhaust. Forged w/Diamond Pistons, Oliver Rods, everything Nitride coated, polished and balanced. Stinker Rear End with DTS 4:56 Detroit Locker, Cyroed gears, 35 Spline Strange Axles, Wilwood calipers and rotors, Caltracs. Sponsored by generous spouse, and Tuned by "The Viper Whisperer" Sean Roe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement