best bang for the buck mods - Page 2 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #11 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 08:56 AM
ramfromhell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh that's an easy one. The Tornado intake duct insert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 09:04 AM
nothnbutrouble
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persicutor
what would be the best bang for the buck mods for the srt-10 ram? also, how much extra power could be gained from aftermarket headers, or a full 3" exhaust system? thanks

Something like this....VPRPWR is liquidating....

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/member.php?userid=413

Selling off all the go fast goodies on my truck, due to personal reasons. I should have everything off by the end of the month all boxed up ready to ship.

Paxton kit- $3500
BTR nitrous/propane kit $800
RSI billet T/B $300 in exchange for your stock T/B
Bellanger long tubes with high flow catted midipes $800
Magnaflow Catback- $200
16" CCW wheels with 28x14.5 Hoosier QTP slicks $800
19" CCW front wheels with tires used as skinnies $800
gauges fuel pressure, nitrous, boost, AEM wideband

PM me for my number if you want to talk about the details of the parts and extras. My truck was pulling 1.6 60's at an ice rink of a track and running 11's at DA's over 4000' so there is a method to this madness

http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/sho...265#post168265
post #13 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Persicutor

what exactly is a vec II ? how much does it cost to buy an install, and what kind of gains could i expect from it?

post #14 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
mmmmtorque

Quote:
what exactly is a vec II ? how much does it cost to buy an install, and what kind of gains could i expect from it?
A detailed description and price can be found here:

http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart...7&idproduct=81

Short summary...A Vec2 is hard wired into your PCM harness and can overide injector and timing curves under WOT(open loop). This allows you to custom tune fuel and timing for you vehicle and mods. It also allows you to control NoS, Meth, shift lights, rpm limits and log 19 vairables on the fly.

I couldnt live without mine and has saved me hundreds if not thousands in tuning fees by doing my own tuning.

05 Black Dodge Ram SRT 10 - Bassani Headers, Magnaflow, B&B Mids w/HF Cats, Vec3, Hardened Push Rods, Indy Ported Heads, Comp Cam, upgraded lifters, K&N CAI, Centerforce Clutch, Stock Flywheel!!, Viper Master/Slave, Cryo'ed Trans, MSD Plug Wires, Gen IV X-Metal Shifter, X-Metal Drop Kit, X-Metal Door Sill and panel inserts, X-Metal Seat Levers, JMB Dress up kit, Roe Breather, Shaved emblems, Bed Rug, Smoked Brake Light, HID's, Caltracs, Stuttle front/rear swaybar kit, QA-1's, LED Tail Lights, Black JDM Headlights, Billet Antenna, Jenny Craig Calipers, M&H Nostalgia slicks, V1
post #15 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 11:36 AM
fast fred

if you have a QC call DC PERFORANCE (1-310-841-6996) or call BOOMER at( 1-812-453-4862) one of them should be ale to help you!!!tell tham you want a new pcm stage2...i'm useing it and i can tell you all the stuff i put on my 2005 QC this was the best bang for the buck!!!!!!!wecome to the forum
post #16 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Persicutor

thanks for the info. how much extra power could i gain from a set of headers? i heard that the viper's stock headers are stainless steel and are pretty good already.
post #17 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 04:44 PM
sanchoba
Banned User

i don't know about vipers, but our stock exhaust manifolds are not stainless and they look like they would flow pretty well--they are definately NOT your granfather's stock manifolds
post #18 of 18 Old 04-21-2006, 07:07 PM
mmmmtorque

Quote:
thanks for the info. how much extra power could i gain from a set of headers? i heard that the viper's stock headers are stainless steel and are pretty good already.

The Stock manifolds are cast iron but flow pretty good. You can gain almost as much by swapping the mids than headers.

Approx #'s
Catback: 15hp
Mids:15-20hp
Headers: 15-30hp

Of course you need to tune some to reach potential gains.

You can gain more out of headers but you need to mod to take advantage of them....S/C, ported heads, turbo, etc....

I was most impressed by swapping out my mids with B&B mids w/HF cats..... 18rwhp and 29ft lbs.

Careful with the wishful thinking mod gain hp math. Alot of the gains are lower in the RPM range and not necessarily PEAK hp gains

05 Black Dodge Ram SRT 10 - Bassani Headers, Magnaflow, B&B Mids w/HF Cats, Vec3, Hardened Push Rods, Indy Ported Heads, Comp Cam, upgraded lifters, K&N CAI, Centerforce Clutch, Stock Flywheel!!, Viper Master/Slave, Cryo'ed Trans, MSD Plug Wires, Gen IV X-Metal Shifter, X-Metal Drop Kit, X-Metal Door Sill and panel inserts, X-Metal Seat Levers, JMB Dress up kit, Roe Breather, Shaved emblems, Bed Rug, Smoked Brake Light, HID's, Caltracs, Stuttle front/rear swaybar kit, QA-1's, LED Tail Lights, Black JDM Headlights, Billet Antenna, Jenny Craig Calipers, M&H Nostalgia slicks, V1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement