SRT10 Forum banner

What is the best PCM upgrade

10K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and to owning a SRT-10 pickup. I have added a cold air intake and the magnaflow exhaust. I would like to know what is the best upgrade to the pcm or is there a chip upgrade for the vehicle. Thank you for any advice.

#2 ·
To upgrade the PCM talk to DC performance(supporting vendor). They have two options for you. They can give reflash your current PCM or you can get a new flashed PCM. That way you can return the truck to stock without having to worry about your warranty. And sometimes dealers will re-flash the pcm with upgrades which could wipe out your performance tune.

The other option DC has is the SCT Tuner. It is a handheld programmer that is easy to use, plus if you get more mods they can probably email you a better tune made to your mods.

Do you have a RC or a QC? If you have a RC I would get rid of the cats first. It will make it louder. It just depends on how loud you like the exhaust. Currently I have the cat delete and getting ready to put some headers on.

#3 ·
DC Perf stage two dude. With the cats gone it really wakes up throttle response. Truck pulls much harder as well. A mod worth the money IMO.

patrick

#4 ·
Wyoramsrt said:
To upgrade the PCM talk to DC performance(supporting vendor). They have two options for you. They can give reflash your current PCM or you can get a new flashed PCM.

The other option DC has is the SCT Tuner. It is a handheld programmer that is easy to use, plus if you get more mods they can probably email you a better tune made to your mods.
What he said :) -- I chose the SCT Tuner option its easy to use and there is no swapping of your PCM -- it rocks - and yes they CAN email you tune updates. IMHO it's the way to go
:bigthumb:

#6 ·
Yeah same here with the SCT from DC.:headbang: Dont make the same foolish mistake I did. I bought one of those JET chips that just plugs into your computer. What a f@#%ing joke....
By the way, Jet chip for 05 QC for sale. Perfect condition paid 260 will sacrifice for 100. :fing02:

#7 ·
supay said:
Yeah same here with the SCT from DC.:headbang: Dont make the same foolish mistake I did. I bought one of those JET chips that just plugs into your computer. What a f@#%ing joke....
By the way, Jet chip for 05 QC for sale. Perfect condition paid 260 will sacrifice for 100. :fing02:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#9 ·
So I noticed most everyone that replied has the DC flash and not the B&G. Since both are offering the SCT now is there any reason why everyones now leaning toward the DC one? Anyone tried the ROE flash? Gov't stimulus checks are coming soon and I'm wanting to help out the economy :439: :unitedsta :unitedsta

#10 ·
Fuelforblood said:
So I noticed most everyone that replied has the DC flash and not the B&G. Since both are offering the SCT now is there any reason why everyones now leaning toward the DC one? Anyone tried the ROE flash? Gov't stimulus checks are coming soon and I'm wanting to help out the economy :439: :unitedsta :unitedsta
B&G does (or at least used to do) the flashes for DC.
If you buy an SCT controller, you can have that vendor load it up with different tunes or pay someone else to load it and tune for you.
Once you have the SCT, the choice of tuners is yours.

#12 ·
Demon 8 said:
what does the sct cost
Around $700 and includes tuning until things are right.

#13 ·
$770.00 total with overnight delivery :)

#14 ·
RapidRonnie said:
B&G does (or at least used to do) the flashes for DC.
B&G also does the flashes for X-Metal Engineering.

When I last spoke to the guy at DC, he could somehow quote a lower price than going direct to B&G for "new" flash (w/ or w/o a new PCM). Wasn't a big difference, but it was a difference, so you might as well go w/the lower quote. However, if you're doing a reflash, I'd suggest you go directly to B&G to avoid any miscommunication and time delay that could occur by going through a middle man. Cost is $130 including return shipping; they'll fine tune the flash for your truck and insert your vin # for that price. That's what I'm going to do w/the "X-Metal" PCM that I just bought, as soon as it gets to me. :)

Only going to be able to use this reflashed PCM for 10 more months before my lease expires, but it should make my QC a little more interesting to drive until then. ;)

#16 ·
amtrucker22 said:
Glad things worked out for you and Carlo! :signed:
Just received the PCM & the part #'s match. The check's in the mail to Carlo and I'll be sending the PCM to B&G to be reflashed tomorrow or Monday.

I had been looking for a used Stage II PCM for my QC for a couple of years. Was just too cheap to pay full price and getting one for $200 (which really is a "steal" -- I mean "deal" ;) ) plus $130 for the reflash was exactly what I wanted!!!

Thanks again for the referral. :)

#17 ·
I am currently running a SCT tuner on mine. I love it! It took a few times tuning it due to the diff. grades of gas through out the country. But SCT tuner seems to be the way to go. And yes there is a tune made for gas saving ability. IMO I would wait until majority of mods are done (I.E catbac, headers, cate delete, etc) other wise you will find your self on the computer downloading a lot.

#18 · (Edited)
LOL! :rofl:

So, I got the reflashed Stage II PCM back from B&G yesterday. Installed it yesterday and test drove it today. My only other mods are a K&N filter and a Mopar/Borla cat back exhaust. The truck is clearly quicker and definitely pulls harder from 80-100, but it's hard to find enough open road free of cops in order to really see how fast it'll go because you're still accelerating so easily past 100mph that you have to shut it down quickly or risk going over 120+ fast! :pat:

I just beat a 100+ mph ticket I got last year w/o the Stage II PCM and I have no need for another. I'm not pulling the PCM out, but it certainly doesnt bode well for my driving record with it in there. One nice thing about the extra power is that I can now do quick high speed passes, like I do in my other cars, provided I have A LOT of room to negotiate the 19 ft QC through the holes -- a sports car it's not, but it's definitely faster than it was before. :)

#20 ·
amtrucker22 said:
When I first got my stage II it felt like a whole new truck!
The change seemed more subtle to me.

It wasn't clearly "different" until I got it on the freeway, but the power is so high up in the power curve that I don't have much use for it, except to get up to speed quicker and to do high speed passes. Otherwise, it's still pretty much the same to me, but, as I said, I do like the difference. ;)

#21 ·
Congrats Marty -- sounds like a winner!!

I find my SCT is pretty docile until I get on it than all Hell Breaks Loose :) literally -- I also have the same problem you do -- not enough straight road around here, sans police, to really get it tested - that plus 20mph over the speed limit here is felony speeding - and they can impound your ride and take you to jail :( - but I will tell you there is quite a difference - and passing, well passing somebody at 60 mph is quite a treat and pretty short and sweet - and loud :)

Stay safe bro!

#22 ·
GriMacE 06QuadSRT10 said:
. . . and passing, well passing somebody at 60 mph is quite a treat and pretty short and sweet - and loud :)

Stay safe bro!
Thanks, Grim, but passing at 60? More like 80-90 .... :rofl:

#23 ·
Your welcome bro quite a difference ehh :) -- oh yeah; start at 60 end at 90 all in about 3 seconds. Not at WOT either just first kickdown -- LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.