Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1942 of 1948 Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 AM
madmanadam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Need wet sanding and maybe a re-do, the color is not match. fiberglass/plastic parts look orange/red, metal parts look red.
Will pull it out of the garage this weekend to see if real light makes a difference.

2004 SRT-10 Ram, P/B 12.42 @111.7, race weight 5000lbs. JMB clutch/hyd, DMC drop pockets, JMB shock. Calvert traction, VR1 ported intake. Roe Racing 710R cam, pushrods and lifters. ROE T/B and injectors.
2006 SRT-8 Charger, 448hp to the ground N/A, 550hp on the
Washington State
post #1943 of 1948 Old 01-31-2016, 06:08 PM
madmanadam

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
C/A Duct routing

2004 SRT-10 Ram, P/B 12.42 @111.7, race weight 5000lbs. JMB clutch/hyd, DMC drop pockets, JMB shock. Calvert traction, VR1 ported intake. Roe Racing 710R cam, pushrods and lifters. ROE T/B and injectors.
2006 SRT-8 Charger, 448hp to the ground N/A, 550hp on the
Washington State

post #1944 of 1948 Old 02-01-2016, 01:06 PM
ViperDad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanadam View Post
C/A Duct routing
You trying to play like it's a Hellcat? lol

-Peter

2006 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab
#68 built out of 418
Truck of the Month: February, 2012 and May, 2013
post #1945 of 1948 Old 03-20-2016, 09:47 PM
srtenfan

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Done balancing the wheels and replacing the rotors on the front.
post #1946 of 1948 Old 04-28-2016, 01:35 PM
zacch123

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Finally got around to installing a new head unit in place of the REC NAV. Put a Pioneer 4100NEX with Apple Carplay in and am happy with the results so far. I already had the Kicker AMP and Speaker upgrades done from a couple of years ago. I used a PAC RP4-CH11 to hook the HU into the 2006 canbus interface. It includes a setup to hook the steering wheel controls up for the HU. I used a Scosche install kit for the double din opening, not perfect fit but looks are acceptable

The HU supports Bluetooth and came with a microphone that I installed in the upper corner of the A pillar, barely noticeable works great. The HU also has HDMI input to allow for mirroring the iphone/android to the display for things like Netflix! Note that you need to buy a parking break bypass to defeat the HUs desire to not let you watch movies on the head unit if driving. The HU does support rear seat video which would work fine without the bypass. The HDMI connection requires you to purchase an Apple AV digital video adapter to allow connection to the iphone. Also unique to these pioneers is if you want to charge the iphone while using the HDMI, you need a 2nd USB to apple lightning cable from the HU's 2nd USB port in the back to hook to the AV adapter.

Carplay for things like apple maps works well but does require that the iphone be connected via USB cable to the HU's 1st usb port in the back. I ran the cable under the middle console and up to the top opening box so it is hidden inside when not in use and can stick out thru the cable feed hole to allow attaching to the iphone when needed. Siri, spotify, pandora and other apps are available on the HU by default via carplay in this setup and more can be added.

Regarding how does it sound, there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality, especially with the 13 band equalizer in use, but it is not some great leap forward. the next step is to replace the stock subwoofer amp with a 300watt sub amp i have that will go under the passenger seat. I ran the subwoofer amp RCA cables when I put the HU in. I did replace the stock infinty sub with an MB Quart a while back but planning to yank the box out and replace it with something a little more substantial then the plastic OEM sub box as I get a lot of rattling/vibration noise during heavy bass.

Up next is either a new main amp or speaker replacement, not sure which as I am not sure if improved sound would come from swapping the kicker speakers or the kicker amp out. Interested in any opinions on how good or bad the kicker upgrade speakers are in a good setup or if replacing the kicker amp would be the better change for this.

06 PX8 Black RC

Mods: K&N, lowered, spacers, HID lights/fog, iSimple IPOD Integration, Locking tailgate handle, front fascia protector waiting install
post #1947 of 1948 Old 01-13-2017, 07:28 AM
Daxcy

Thanks for all the great ideas.

For bigger breasts give breast actives a try now.
post #1948 of 1948 Old 04-12-2017, 04:54 AM
demonhell

I clean it up =))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement