TERRIBLE!! Paxton Supercharged srt-10 performance - Page 3 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #21 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 06:23 AM
BOOMER

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10x3
I am not an expert, but I smell bull****. My BS detector is usually right, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong. My girlfirend has been doing it all weekend anyways, so what is one more "you're wrong" heaped onto the pile.

If the fuel pressure is related to the SC then it isn't always at 100psi, isn't the pressure directly related to demand. Barring that, if a fuel line ruptors at 40-50psi versus 100psi mathmatically what is the difference in time that it will explode, and/or the distance fuel will SPIT/SPEW/SHOOT somewhere (Jack, come on, $19.00 here on the line if you solve my math problem)

BTW, I jacked up my Water pressure from 40psi to 80psi, none of the pipes in my mobile home have busted, going on 10 years now, nor has my toilet shot up from the floor

Craig
craig i agree. if he doesnt like the fuel pressure,then why dosent he put in a VEC2 and change pulse modulation, by varing the percentage of available pulse time you can enrichen the AF as needed, not to mention you can alter timing, reference all timing and fuel via manifold pressure.it is almost as if this guy DOSENT want to fix his problem. by the way, what self respecting tuner/installer wouldnt moniter boost on the dyno? you may even have a bad dump valve for all you know. you observations are all from assumptions and you have no evidence to support anything. what gives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 11:09 AM
fstjack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10x3
If the fuel pressure is related to the SC then it isn't always at 100psi, isn't the pressure directly related to demand. Barring that, if a fuel line ruptors at 40-50psi versus 100psi mathmatically what is the difference in time that it will explode, and/or the distance fuel will SPIT/SPEW/SHOOT somewhere (Jack, come on, $19.00 here on the line if you solve my math problem)

BTW, I jacked up my Water pressure from 40psi to 80psi, none of the pipes in my mobile home have busted, going on 10 years now, nor has my toilet shot up from the floor

Craig
Craig,
You are correct the fuel pressure is not continually at 100 PSI. The Fuel management unit regulates pressure to stock levels untill the system comes on boost. This on boost condition is also very brief. The injectors are still within their design limits at 100 PSI. There are some high performance EFI applications that are running 135+ PSI under heavy boost. I have seen fuel pressure regulators that have frozen in the closed position. This will run the pressure past 160 PSI. I have seen no O ring or plumbing failures when this has happened. The engine did however run very rich if it ran at all. You know immediatly that something is wrong. If a big fuel leak occurs the engine will stop running as it does not have fuel pressure, at that point the PCM senses a no run condition it will shut down the fuel pump relays. The booster pump will actually take a lot of the load off the stock fuel pump as the high pressure pump is doing most of the work. The stock pump just acts as supply pump for the higher pressure pump. Regarding accidents, all modern vehicles have a "crash" switch that shuts off the fuel pump relays if there is an accident. If someone is that apprehensive about a fire hazard he can;
1. install an onboard fire system
2. quit driving
3. install himself in a plastic bubble
4. quit living
I personally will do none of the above as I believe life is an adventure and should be lived with all the enthusiam that I can muster every day. I enjoy life and part of my life is hot rods. Foolish chances are not part of my daily life nor is paranoia.
High performance vehicles do require more maintenance that my neighbor Bob's Hyundai. I understand this and perform visual inspections on my hot rods often. I am looking and listening and smelling as to what is happening every time I drive a vehicle. My own experiance has been good with the types of fuel system mods that we are talking about on this thread.
.........Jack

04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction..........BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID

My other hot rod is a Chevy
1969 Chevelle B/GS, STREET driven a little***it's got current plates, BBC, Enderle Bird Injected, 671 Blower-billet rotors and stripped. alum heads, Brooks aluminum rods, Roller everything , 9", Willwood 4 puck on all 4 corners, Tubbed, TH400 w/brake, Chance converter, 33/16/15SS M/T ET DRAG, still on gas, Bad A$$.

05 Chevy 3500 Silverado LT Crew Cab, Dually, Duramax, Allison, Foose Spank Wheels, Michelin, Edge Juice W/Attitude, Magnaflow, Valentine 1, Sirius Sat, Amp Electric Boards, Truxedo Lo-Pro, & more.

04 Ranger XLT 4dr XC, 3.0 Auto, Parts runner for the Dodge/Chevelle, Sirius Sat. Valentine 1,
Magnaflow, Bilsteins, Centerlines, Rangers have the most unconfortable seats in the world.

25' Sea Ray set up to fish
19' Sea Ray, SBC, bowrider for fun
post #23 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 06:33 PM
QUICKSILVER

Talking We'll lighten the atmosphere a little

Ya know FSTJACK..this guy is starting to sound like one of my old girlfriends, always wishing this wasn't happening to me...
I think I have a pic..........................

Quick;-D

p/s: this is kinda for you to "Roktman" I knew you would like her LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wish 1.JPG
Views:	691
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	833   Click image for larger version

Name:	ram girl 1.JPG
Views:	1046
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	834  

Last edited by "QUICKSILVER"; 12-21-2004 at 09:08 PM.

post #24 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
QUICKSILVER

Now we can get back to the BLOWER
post #25 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 09:35 PM

I thought it was bumpers, LOL
post #26 of 29 Old 12-21-2004, 11:12 PM
Roktman

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER
Ya know FSTJACK..this guy is starting to sound like one of my old girlfriends, always wishing this wasn't happening to me...

Quick;-D

That first shirt is like the one I bought for the guys wife I was dating this summer. "If only these were brains"I asked her what size shirt she wore and she said medium,small if want it to fit good.The best 36 C`s money can buy($5800.00) on a 5`3 115 # gal. So hard you could bounce a quarter off `em.Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Dave "Big Dog" Breiner a.k.a "Roktman"

`04 #1544/3057 "BAD VENM" - 11:1 CR Forged Motor
,JM Heads,237/240 .595 Lift Cam,Harland Sharp RR,JTSVP TB,MF,3"Mids,
Bassani`s,Lambo`s,Super Snake Hood,,Cross Drilled Rotors,Camera,QA1`s,Remote Radar/Jammers,Custom Seats and Interior,4.56`s,Short Shifter,HID`s 1250W Clarion Flip,Checkmate Cover,Flamed Intake And Valve Covers,Viper Badging,Clear Headlights,Custom LED Switches/ Lighting,Billet Tanks &Trim,Boss 313`s ,Braided Lines,Smoked Tails,2/3 Drop,Lots More.

`96 Impala SS "The Roktship" S/C 396/1000 BHP/850 RWT
`03 Impala Nats " Best Of Show" Winner

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #27 of 29 Old 12-22-2004, 01:36 AM
fstjack

Pressure UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSILVER

Quick;-D

I know with the kind of boost happening here my plumbing is straining or is that staining?...........Jack

04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction..........BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID

My other hot rod is a Chevy
1969 Chevelle B/GS, STREET driven a little***it's got current plates, BBC, Enderle Bird Injected, 671 Blower-billet rotors and stripped. alum heads, Brooks aluminum rods, Roller everything , 9", Willwood 4 puck on all 4 corners, Tubbed, TH400 w/brake, Chance converter, 33/16/15SS M/T ET DRAG, still on gas, Bad A$$.

05 Chevy 3500 Silverado LT Crew Cab, Dually, Duramax, Allison, Foose Spank Wheels, Michelin, Edge Juice W/Attitude, Magnaflow, Valentine 1, Sirius Sat, Amp Electric Boards, Truxedo Lo-Pro, & more.

04 Ranger XLT 4dr XC, 3.0 Auto, Parts runner for the Dodge/Chevelle, Sirius Sat. Valentine 1,
Magnaflow, Bilsteins, Centerlines, Rangers have the most unconfortable seats in the world.

25' Sea Ray set up to fish
19' Sea Ray, SBC, bowrider for fun
post #28 of 29 Old 12-24-2004, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
DJWR

Problem Solved.

Power delivery stabilized once the Intake Temp sensor was removed from the intake charge pipe as suggested by the kit manufacturer and placed on front of the radiator ala ambient temp sensor

No knocking on 95 octane with this approach, the truck is a 2004 and boost is steady at 7.5 psi!!.

We have seen only a power loss of 7 to 10% due to heat soak across the intercooler system on the dyno.

Simple math, the PCM canīt read that much heat generated by the novi 2000 system on the intake charge it will pull lots of timing, even more when the truck is warm at 205F, I wonder how many HP you will increase guys, and it seems pretty away from knocking.

Thanks for your attention, shut that hole on the intake charge and change the IAT position so it reads colder, its not the best solution but it will work even beyond 210F of water temp

DJ

I wonīt discuss anything more with you about the fuel pressure, its very simple to understand why it is hard to push a system 200% beyond his rated capabilitie, and you just make a stupid laugh about it, thatīs why maybe you canīt even feel the timing diferences in your truck with your supercharger blowing hot air trough the IAT!, keep that truck at 105 psi for more than 5 minutes on the dyno, OF COURSE IN FULL TRHOTTLE, just keep and eye on the fuel pressue gauge letīs see if thatīs makes you comfortable and you wonīt look after a fire extinguiser before doing so.
post #29 of 29 Old 12-24-2004, 05:33 PM
QUICKSILVER

Dude, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..really!
I'm glad everything is finally working for you..have a gooood time now

Quick;-)

Last edited by "QUICKSILVER"; 06-21-2005 at 06:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement