This section - Page 7 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #61 of 69 Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Raines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Long story short. Probably my last dealings with Chrysler. Called Mon. to get rental renewed and gentleman told me he needed to reseaech further before approving. The last two renewals consisted of me being put on hold while they called dealer to confirm the status was still the same. He came back off hold to tell me he needed to research more and would call me back later Mon. at the latest tomorrow. (Tue.)

No word from Chrysler as of this morning (Wed.) so I called. Of course never get to talk to same person so dealt with someone I could barely understand due to accent. (I understand most heavy accents but not hers)

She places me on hold for approx. 8 minutes and comes back on to tell me the extention has been denied effective Sept. 14th. (Mon) I ask her why and she can only say it's been denied. I say so because you guys didn't call me back Mon. and tell me, I'm left holding the ball on the rental from Mon. to now and she says unfortunately yes.

Here's where it gets good. I just got done working 15 hours (construction) in Az. heat on 3 hours sleep when this woman responds to my expressing that this is bullsh!t! She tells me I need to keep the conversation professional or she will end it! I ask he how she has the odasity to tell me I'm being unprofessional when this unprofessional is returning a phone call and following up on what you supposed professionals didn't! Basically told her to use common sense and look at the situation without the Chrysler represenative blinders on and see what you just told a customer.

Because of your lack of "professionalism" in not calling me back, you're now sticking me with a rental bill. Of course the same response that is standard with every situation with chrysler I got the I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Well I told her to forgot this phone call ever took place and to start lemon law on this vehicle. She says she did and I told her to put in her notes since the consumer gets the choice of another of the vehicle or the money I want another vehicle. I told her they better get looking now for a 2006 srt-10, brillant black QC with, dvd, navigation, heated seats, tow package, etc. and wished her good luck!

I fully expect nothing more from Chrysler unless I pursue it legally which is fine. I have already got the financial instution I financed the vehicle through trying to get two payments from chrysler (not sat. fees or insurance), a complaint with Better Business Bureau already filed, an e-mail to local news station about a "fighting back" story, and will be calling local newspaper in the morning.

I will never deal with chrysler again or it's dealers. I had been told my whole life by my father and grandfather about not buying Dodges, but since a Viper was my dream and I don't fit into a Viper this truck was the ride for me.

I work for a local company with 103 employees 48 of which are directly under my supervision and all ask and are fully aware of the happenings with this vehicle. Not counting friends and anyone else that asks about the truck whom I tell it's junk. All are in agreement including myself. This truck is beautiful to look at, but is sh!t beneath the outer skin!

I guess the old adage was/is true, father, and in this case grandfather, knows best!

Sorry to all of you die hard mopar fans and guys who are enjoying your rides, don't let this take away you enjoying your trucks, but mine is junk! Chrysler could care less about the happy customer tells 1 person while the disgruntled one tells 10! I've had enough of Chrysler thanks to this womans very "unprofessional" comment.

Last edited by Raines; 09-17-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 09-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Roktman

Sorry to hear about your troubles.I went through the same situation with a blown motor and before that on defective wheels.Chrysler doesn`t give a rat`s ass about customers and that is why they are in the financial position they are now.The only way I got the wheels replaced was because I knew someone at Chrysler.The District Manager wouldn`t approve it.Same on the engine.If I hadn`t known and SRT engineer and Brendan Gaughan ,they would have denied my motor claim.

Chrysler isn`t the only company to have poor customer service.GM and I`m sure more do as well.

Keep us posted on your pursuit of justice.

Dave "Big Dog" Breiner a.k.a "Roktman"

`04 #1544/3057 "BAD VENM" - 11:1 CR Forged Motor
,JM Heads,237/240 .595 Lift Cam,Harland Sharp RR,JTSVP TB,MF,3"Mids,
Bassani`s,Lambo`s,Super Snake Hood,,Cross Drilled Rotors,Camera,QA1`s,Remote Radar/Jammers,Custom Seats and Interior,4.56`s,Short Shifter,HID`s 1250W Clarion Flip,Checkmate Cover,Flamed Intake And Valve Covers,Viper Badging,Clear Headlights,Custom LED Switches/ Lighting,Billet Tanks &Trim,Boss 313`s ,Braided Lines,Smoked Tails,2/3 Drop,Lots More.

`96 Impala SS "The Roktship" S/C 396/1000 BHP/850 RWT
`03 Impala Nats " Best Of Show" Winner

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #63 of 69 Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Raines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roktman View Post
Sorry to hear about your troubles.I went through the same situation with a blown motor and before that on defective wheels.Chrysler doesn`t give a rat`s ass about customers and that is why they are in the financial position they are now.The only way I got the wheels replaced was because I knew someone at Chrysler.The District Manager wouldn`t approve it.Same on the engine.If I hadn`t known and SRT engineer and Brendan Gaughan ,they would have denied my motor claim.

Chrysler isn`t the only company to have poor customer service.GM and I`m sure more do as well.

Keep us posted on your pursuit of justice.
I really don't expect any of it to go anywhere except with the bank and a report put in a file at the BBB.

I have conceded I need to cut my losses and move on. As far as the truck, we havent decided yet.

Anyone up for a barn/truck burning!?

post #64 of 69 Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
OH brother........

You need a better dealer to take your truck too......

Is your Viper Truck on the Viper Truck Registry?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
post #65 of 69 Old 09-17-2009, 04:01 PM
viperhauler

Location: up to my eyeballs in sh!t, waiting on Obama to spread the wealth in SC
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post

Anyone up for a barn/truck burning!?
well that's not necessary....i'm sure we could find some other use for it....

hell...i'll put it in the front yard like a planterbox

and unfortunate circumstances none the less....i hope it doesn't keep you from buying another one....

Dan-O
On the hunt...

Night Runner #327 RC

SOLD 02-2015: '04 RC #1150/3057
RIP 06-2012: '05 RC - Honorary 100k+ mile member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Runner View Post
I didn't let them wash my CE. But i did let them wash my son. LOL
post #66 of 69 Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 PM
179/200

i have srt10 14769 miles just bought it and it wont downshift into second gear clutch feels gone but shifts to any other gear fine as long as speed is adequate for the gear ?
post #67 of 69 Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 PM
179/200

i will replace clutch for sure but didnt know if anyone else had this problem or if something wrong with tranny i am also planning to replace flywheel if excessively worn atleast resurface it ?
post #68 of 69 Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 PM
Roktman

On your clutch get a SPEC 2+ and a new flywheel.I spent the $$ and got a Tilton.Don`t bother resurfacing it.Also upgrade the hydraulics to the Viper master and slave cylinder.

Dave "Big Dog" Breiner a.k.a "Roktman"

`04 #1544/3057 "BAD VENM" - 11:1 CR Forged Motor
,JM Heads,237/240 .595 Lift Cam,Harland Sharp RR,JTSVP TB,MF,3"Mids,
Bassani`s,Lambo`s,Super Snake Hood,,Cross Drilled Rotors,Camera,QA1`s,Remote Radar/Jammers,Custom Seats and Interior,4.56`s,Short Shifter,HID`s 1250W Clarion Flip,Checkmate Cover,Flamed Intake And Valve Covers,Viper Badging,Clear Headlights,Custom LED Switches/ Lighting,Billet Tanks &Trim,Boss 313`s ,Braided Lines,Smoked Tails,2/3 Drop,Lots More.

`96 Impala SS "The Roktship" S/C 396/1000 BHP/850 RWT
`03 Impala Nats " Best Of Show" Winner

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #69 of 69 Old 02-25-2010, 06:01 AM
da1chief
Site SUPER Moderator

Dave is correct, if you are going into it you should replace the entire works with high quality new parts.... Don't try to "Save a few Dollars" and be back inside with in a few months to a year... Just my opinion

Mopar or No Car

2005 Commemorative Edition SRT-10 Born 051618 VTR-0259
2006 Mineral Gray Quad Cab SRT-10 Born 011000 VTR-0001 or VTR-2006-0001
2010 Bright Silver 300C SRT-8 Born 040913

Sandy to my friends
US Navy Retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement