How To: 48 RE Automatic Transmission Adjustments - Page 3 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #21 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 07:07 AM
SANTEEN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I adjust mine every six months. When I dropped my pan 2 weeks ago, there was almost no clutch material in the bottom of the pan. And I've probably made atleast 50 - 70 passes down the track. I dont abuse my truck, but I dont baby it either.

Steve

2006 Mineral Gray QC 590whp/573wtq -Currently Under Construction- Paxton S/C, Fully built JTSVP trans, Racetronix 65lb injectors, JTSVP 2400 Stall Converter, Snow Stage II meth kit, Twin In-Tank Walbro's, Magnaflow catback, JMB catless mids, SCT flash tuned by Torrie, BBK (JTSVP ported) throttle body, 170 T-stat, Caltracs, Hurst Line-Lock, Belltech rear leveling shackles
Interior/Exterior - Knwood DNX-6140, Focal Speakers, JL Audio Stealth box, factory sub box gutted with a JL Audio 10w3v2 sub, Alpine Amp,8000k HID bi-xenons, 3000k HID fogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 02:00 PM
scarbrs

I didnt back off the adjust 1 1/2 like it said that could be the problem. I couldnt get my arms in there enough to work the torq right. I need to lift the truck up which i don't have the ramps for. But doest the internal one need to be done at the same time for it to work right?
I found a good Trans shop that knows there stuff i should take it there.
The dealer i go to isnt one of those types its an old time shop they lost there Jeep sales with the resructor cause there so old school.

Eric
post #23 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM
SANTEEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbrs View Post
I didnt back off the adjust 1 1/2 like it said that could be the problem. I couldnt get my arms in there enough to work the torq right. I need to lift the truck up which i don't have the ramps for. But doest the internal one need to be done at the same time for it to work right?
I found a good Trans shop that knows there stuff i should take it there.
The dealer i go to isnt one of those types its an old time shop they lost there Jeep sales with the resructor cause there so old school.

Eric
Yes thats very important. I too know a very good shop, but unless I'm standing there watching, I dont trust anyone with my truck. This probably one of the more important maintenance items on a QC. I roll mine up onto 3 2X6 pieces of of wood and that gets it up high enough to work comfortably. Learn to do it yourself every 6 months and ur trans should last a good while. And yes, do the inside band also and change the filter whike you're there.

Steve

2006 Mineral Gray QC 590whp/573wtq -Currently Under Construction- Paxton S/C, Fully built JTSVP trans, Racetronix 65lb injectors, JTSVP 2400 Stall Converter, Snow Stage II meth kit, Twin In-Tank Walbro's, Magnaflow catback, JMB catless mids, SCT flash tuned by Torrie, BBK (JTSVP ported) throttle body, 170 T-stat, Caltracs, Hurst Line-Lock, Belltech rear leveling shackles
Interior/Exterior - Knwood DNX-6140, Focal Speakers, JL Audio Stealth box, factory sub box gutted with a JL Audio 10w3v2 sub, Alpine Amp,8000k HID bi-xenons, 3000k HID fogs

post #24 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 02:31 PM
scarbrs

Ok i think i can try the outside one i got some ramps that might work just need to go get them. But the internal one im worried about doing that myself. If i f it up trucks stuck.
I did have the trans flushed back in spring.
post #25 of 27 Old 09-25-2010, 03:47 PM
SANTEEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarbrs View Post
Ok i think i can try the outside one i got some ramps that might work just need to go get them. But the internal one im worried about doing that myself. If i f it up trucks stuck.
I did have the trans flushed back in spring.
The inside is just as easy as the outside, only messier. Drop the pan, remove the filter to gain access to the adjustment screw, adjust it as specified, BACK IT OFF as specified , torque down the lock nut and you're good. Dont be scared. It's really that easy. But, seriously, dont take any short cuts. You should never driven the truck, until you fixed the outside band adjustment. Follow the directions exactly and you'll be fine.

Steve

post #26 of 27 Old 02-14-2016, 11:24 AM
05srt10qc

Does anyone have these pictures on how to do these adjustments? i just recently purchased a 05 Srt10 QC and when I shift into drive the transmission engaged really harsh. It is so harsh it jerks the whole truck. Thanks
post #27 of 27 Old 04-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Red97tib

Went to adjust my bands again since I haven't done it in about a year. I had marked this thread but the pictures of the walk through are gone. Can anybody reload them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement