SRT10 Forum banner

hood scoop grill insert

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fast fred 
#1 ·
can someone tell me the easiest way to take out the grill insert on the hood scoop,does it use a screw to hold it in or do you just force it off,hard to tell with the cheap plastic **** that is one there now.........thanks scott

#2 ·
scottputty said:
can someone tell me the easiest way to take out the grill insert on the hood scoop,does it use a screw to hold it in or do you just force it off,hard to tell with the cheap plastic **** that is one there now.........thanks scott
hey scott,sorry i can't help i looked at it and i'm wondering also... when you get the how to install let me know also i;m doing the install next week..thanks fred

#3 ·
well fast fred only about 150 people looked at this post and no one seems to know how or have any info,kinda disturbes me :arg:

#4 ·
I can tell ya this much It's a ****ing *****!! I ended up breaking one of the mounts trying to get it out. I have absolutely no idea how it's supposed to come off. Sorry guys!

#5 ·
uhhh.....hmmm.......! blow torch! , metal grinder, then a good sander! and a little touch-up paint..... it'll look great! trust me! :suspect: lol,j/k...

#6 ·
i changed mine out but its been so long ago i really don't remember, but it wasn't anything hard, i believe when the hood is up on the inside there is like 6 little round metal clips and once you pop those off the plastic grill pushed right out.

#7 ·
scottputty said:
The plastic grill insert comes out via some push on silver tabs on the back of the grill. The actual peice that mounted to the hood is held in with retaining clips and 2 small retainers on the bottom. Take retainers off bottom and pull insert out of hood. The retaining clips are in there tight and will need slight force to get the insert out of the hood.

Hope this helps guys.

Steve Austin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.