hood scoop grill insert - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum is our sister site dedicated to the Dodge Challenger. Visit today!
Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum Dodge Ram SRT-10 Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum > Dodge Ram SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion

Srt10Forum.com is the premier Dodge SRT10 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
scottputty

Default hood scoop grill insert

can someone tell me the easiest way to take out the grill insert on the hood scoop,does it use a screw to hold it in or do you just force it off,hard to tell with the cheap plastic **** that is one there now.........thanks scott
04 black #1170 magnaflow,x-metal drop,volant,windshield banner,xm radio. THINGS WERE ALWAYS HARD FOR ME GROWING UP AS A POOR BLACK CHILD
scottputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
fast fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottputty
can someone tell me the easiest way to take out the grill insert on the hood scoop,does it use a screw to hold it in or do you just force it off,hard to tell with the cheap plastic **** that is one there now.........thanks scott
hey scott,sorry i can't help i looked at it and i'm wondering also... when you get the how to install let me know also i;m doing the install next week..thanks fred
fast fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:25 PM   #3
scottputty

well fast fred only about 150 people looked at this post and no one seems to know how or have any info,kinda disturbes me
04 black #1170 magnaflow,x-metal drop,volant,windshield banner,xm radio. THINGS WERE ALWAYS HARD FOR ME GROWING UP AS A POOR BLACK CHILD
Old 06-09-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
HDVIPER

I can tell ya this much It's a ****ing *****!! I ended up breaking one of the mounts trying to get it out. I have absolutely no idea how it's supposed to come off. Sorry guys!
Black 04 SRT-10 #847 of 3057 Born on 2/11/04 w/ Bellanger Longtubes, High-Flow Cats & Magnaflow - Catback Exhaust, 170 Degree Thermostat, DC Stage I Flash, K&N Aircharger
Black 03 ZO6 (Stock... For Now)
Pearl White 05 Escalade (Commuter)
Black 06 CLS 55 AMG (Wifey's Car)

-Mike
HDVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #5
DE-HEMIFYD

uhhh.....hmmm.......! blow torch! , metal grinder, then a good sander! and a little touch-up paint..... it'll look great! trust me! lol,j/k...
2004 SRT10 RC #2588 of 3057 born:June16,04' only 948 RED made!
mods:hard tonneau with 3 post wing,7" Clarion dvd/cd in dash player,flame rear view mirror,6" shorty flame-etched antennea,and flame grill. Sirius sat radio, Chrome "mopar" fuel door, red /chrome valve stem caps, chrome "ram" 3rd brake light cover, vent visors, red flame"nos" floor mats, 125xtra horses when needed.....
DE-HEMIFYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #6
blackramsrt-10

i changed mine out but its been so long ago i really don't remember, but it wasn't anything hard, i believe when the hood is up on the inside there is like 6 little round metal clips and once you pop those off the plastic grill pushed right out.
#2838 OF 3057
blackramsrt-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #7
Steve Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottputty
The plastic grill insert comes out via some push on silver tabs on the back of the grill. The actual peice that mounted to the hood is held in with retaining clips and 2 small retainers on the bottom. Take retainers off bottom and pull insert out of hood. The retaining clips are in there tight and will need slight force to get the insert out of the hood.

Hope this helps guys.

Steve Austin
Black SRT-10 Venom 650R MODS : 522ci stroked,Custom RAM air intake, Viper racing cylinder heads with custom porting, Berlyllium valves with titanium valve seats,Titanium retainers, Upgraded hydraulic lifters, Titanium valve springs, drop forged pistons, Viper racing connecting rods, Viper custom racing cam, Dodge racing computer programming, M1 COMPOSITE 1000 coatings on all high wear and heat surfaces, Gibson ceramic headers with custom stainless mid pipe with cat delete, Magnaflow catback, Viper badging, Chromed factory rims, Lowered, HID coversion with dual halos lamps.
Steve Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM   #8
scottputty

thanks for the info bionic dude,i will see if i can get it out that way....scott
Old 06-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #9
fast fred

steve, that you for the info... and buy the way what day did you send my hood grill ? as of today not recived yet....
fast fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement