SRT10 Forum banner

NEW Billet hood insert

10K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  stinker 
#1 ·
Figured I would share these photos with ya'll. My wife got me this for x-mas but it just arrived today. Its the same one that the guy on ebay had prebuy's for july, but I guess he got them done sooner. He goes by gassser on ebay. Very Quality piece, fits perfect,very clean, goes on in about 10 minutes. I posted some pics just to make ya'll jealous, he he. I hope the pics are ok, and it really shines when the neons are on behind it! If ya'll want I can try to get ahold of him and introduce him to our forum and maybe get a group buy. :D :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That looks SSweet.How much $$? I like ! :)

#3 ·
It was $175 I think plus shipping, but I'd have to ask the woman to be sure....................yep that was it. :D He's outta california, it may help n shipping. If ya want I can email him and see if he'll post here on the forum.

#4 ·
Yea,See if he would do a GP on it maybe.

#8 ·
ThankSS. ;)

#9 ·
There is another one by a guy in Fla. ebay # 7946954061 but it looks real cheesy and cheap compared to the one I got. plus if you look at some of his feedbacks, some of them ain't that great. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from gassser.

#10 ·
stinker said:
Figured I would share these photos with ya'll. My wife got me this for x-mas but it just arrived today. Its the same one that the guy on ebay had prebuy's for july, but I guess he got them done sooner. He goes by gassser on ebay. Very Quality piece, fits perfect,very clean, goes on in about 10 minutes. I posted some pics just to make ya'll jealous, he he. I hope the pics are ok, and it really shines when the neons are on behind it! If ya'll want I can try to get ahold of him and introduce him to our forum and maybe get a group buy. :D :D
That is So sweet looking! I love it! Yeah let me know. I would be interested in a gruop buy or whatever! ( I am Jealous! Your wife did good for christmas didn't she!)

#12 ·
Does that go over the existing mesh grill or do you take it out?

#13 ·
Take the plastic mesh out, its held with plasitic tabs. Just pop those off and the new billet one fits right in. He emailed me back this morning and said he would check out the forum and post some pics. Its 7 am here and have to go move some machinery,talk to ya'll later. :D

#15 ·
Hey guys just dropped in for an hour or so, but just in case ya'll want to get in touch with this guy his email is hemi@socal.rr.com is what he used to email me with. I don't think he's mass producing them, just made one for himself and figured he'd see if they would sell. Any way gotta get ready to go, gotta go see 9 seconds about a dog.lol nah just gotta make a run to Dallas tx and back.

#17 ·
Not meaning to be a PITA but $25.00 to ship it? :( Does it look good and most importantly fit?

#18 ·
The other one on e-bay was 175.00 + $25.00 and this one looks almost
as good or as good. The e-bay guy's all got a big bump in cost
to run e-bay sales and I guess they just like everyone else pass it
down the line. Quality piece not junk and it is sort of either or ugly
black plastic deal. For the looks I had no problem for the upgrade.
Chocked on the shipping cost as well also paid $10.00 more for
chrome look polish to be done. Good stuff is'nt cheap. I guess the
figure if you can afford a SRT-10 or a Hood it's not all that bad.
These as I understand are not cast but one off's on a CNC from
billet. He only made 5 like the one I got for sell.

#19 ·
Cool .ThankSS for the input.Thinking about one for my grill.

#20 ·
Roktman th two are not even close one is made like the stuff they make the aftermarket grills out of, the thin looking stuff. The other the one I bought is ten times better, it cut out of a block of billet aluminum, one peice, fit is unaturally perfect, and plished to a tee. I guess thats why one is $80 and the other is $175. the $80 can be made easily out of leftover aftermarket grill parts, not to say its not nice but between the two there is no comparison.

#21 ·
ThankSS stinker.I was comparing the two .I can see that it is alot thicker looking in the pics.Just deciding if I want one or not.Appreciate the heads up.

#22 ·
sent him an e-mail haven't heard back really interested, any other info

#23 ·
Just heard from Aaron and order my billet.
nice piece of hardware

#24 ·
Well worth the money- Thanks for the info stinker :cool:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.