How do you Program "the garage door opener button" - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum
Dodge Challenger Forum is our sister site dedicated to the Dodge Challenger. Visit today!
Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum Dodge Ram SRT-10 Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum > Dodge Ram SRT-10 Discussion > General Discussion

Srt10Forum.com is the premier Dodge SRT10 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
SRT10VENOMOUS

Default How do you Program "the garage door opener button"

Hey does anyone know how to program the garage door opener button in these trucks?? i dont have the manual for the truck so im lost.. any input would be aprecieated.. thankx
04 SRT-10 Ram #849 out of 3057
SRT10VENOMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
fast fred

they have a ph.# for that call homelink 1-800-355-3515 or www.homelink.com
fast fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
drcraig

It's really easy after the first time. The instructions are in the manual as well.

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink buttons, and release only when the indicator lights (two dots below House Symbol) begin to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold the buttons for longer than 30 seconds and do not repeat step one to program a second and/or third hand-held transmitter to the remaining two HomeLink buttons.
2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches (3-8 cm) away from the HomeLink buttons while keeping the indicator light (dots below House Symbol) in view.
3. Simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink button that you want to train and the hand-held transmitter button. Do not release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.

Note: Some garage door openers may require you to replace step 3 with the “cycling” procedure noted in the “View Canadian Instructions” section.
4. The HomeLink indicator light (dots below House Symbol) will flash slowly and then rapidly after HomeLink successfully receives the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from the slow to the rapid flash.
5. Press and hold the just trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.

NOTE: To program the remaining two HomeLink buttons, begin with "Programming" step two. Do not repeat step one.
If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns to a constant light, continue with steps 6-8 to complete the programming of a rolling code equipped device.
2005 SRT-10 QC-- Silver --wing removed at the dealership . DC Stage ll. Pace Edwards Bedlocker with Bedrug. Front and rear EBC Brake Pads from Boomer. Front and rear Embroidered Viper logo mats from U.S. Speed. PIIA Xtreme White Plus bulbs-front and fog. Fumoto valve. Fully debadged. Zaino brothers inside and out. Roe Racing/Flowmaster Muffler. X-Metal Engineering handling kit.
drcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
ls1chris

srtvenomous if you have access to a fax i can fax my book over to you

05 SRT10 R/C silver no mods 05 3500 cummins Q/C silver
edge air filter
turbo silencer removed
bully dog power pup whoo hoo!! 600hp & 1000 ftq @ the push of a button!!
ls1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 06:47 PM   #5
SRT10VENOMOUS

thanks guys ... and ill try to get a fax number that would be sweet to get the book.. since i bought my truck used aparently the owner had lost the original book so ive never had the manual.. bastird lol...
Old 03-14-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
Las Vegas Yellow Fever

Venemous,
Try this website http://www.booksforcars.com/ for owners manuals, service manuals, etc. They usually have a real good inventory.

Jeff
05 Yellow Fever QC #222 of 500 Born 10/18/2004 Wing First Mod: Boomer sill plates

92 Dodge Spirit R/T Total production: 191 units / Lotus designed all aluminum 16V DOHC Intercooled Turbo 4 cyl / 1 of 92 in Red / 4 doors with an attitude

03 Camry Black 1 of millions (Don't want the wife to feel left out LOL)

"The older I get, The better I was"
-On the back of my favorite NoFear Tshirt-
Las Vegas Yellow Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #7
SRT10VENOMOUS

looks like im gonna have to call them .. i went threw the instructions and all the lights did there dance but it still dont work... ;( ohh well ill try tommorow
Old 03-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
Includemeout
Banned User

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10VENOMOUS
looks like im gonna have to call them .. i went threw the instructions and all the lights did there dance but it still dont work... ;( ohh well ill try tommorow
Try your VCR remote, you will have better luck at it!!!!
Jerry
Includemeout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
Venom Power
Banned User

Default Trouble here too

I tried doing it according to the instructions for the opener itself. It never worked . I had hell with the remaining transmitters after that. So does that mean the Homelink transmitter has to be trained from another hand-held transmitter and not the opener? It would really be easier if the Homelink system worked instead of that cheesy craftsman keychain transmitter.
Venom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 AM   #10
v8eater
Banned User

What I got from the instructions is that the opener has to be programmed for its own remotes and the truck's remote has to be programmed to one of the pre-programmed remotes. Only then can the opener be programmed to match the truck's remote.

Here's a copy of the instructions that came with my truck. I followed them and it worked fine the first time. Pay attention to all the "don't" statements and the "press and hold" stuff...
v8eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement