Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum (https://www.srt10forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   How-To and Tech Info (https://www.srt10forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Help.. 05 srt-10 auto qc (https://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31049)

jeffthomastx 01-11-2015 02:36 PM

Help.. 05 srt-10 auto qc

Hi guys i have a whining sound while driving thats driving me insane... I can start truck and revvvv and no whining. But when i hit about 10 mph it starts. And it don't stop.. Power steering fluid is full. And its a sound that is not isolated. Its all encompassing sound.. Someone make my day please. Thanks, jeff

trainguy 01-12-2015 05:09 AM

I have a 06 RC 6 speed. Mine would start to Whine at about 15MPH an not stop till I got home. Next time out I left the wife at home an there was no Whining sound at all. It was an easy fix. Hope this helps.:grin

seethrough 01-12-2015 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trainguy (Post 402505)
I have a 06 RC 6 speed. Mine would start to Whine at about 15MPH an not stop till I got home. Next time out I left the wife at home an there was no Whining sound at all. It was an easy fix. Hope this helps.:grin

That is great!

jeffthomastx 01-22-2015 03:21 AM

Trainguy tks for the advice it.. but I've not had her in the truck. Infact now that I think about it, she has never been in the truck. Now that is funny.. so since I know it's not her, what could it be? I opened the back window and it's not the rear end and transfluid is fine.. it's loud enough to be heard driving alongside in other lane

VPRPWRD 01-22-2015 06:43 AM

You have eliminated anything on the engine since the noise does not occur when free revving. Since it is rotational you are looking at driveline, maybe wheel bearings or brakes locked up. Center support bearing in the 2 piece driveshaft is a common failure on the Quad Cabs. I would check there.

beastmode1 01-22-2015 07:37 PM

Have you checked your axle bearings looks like one is going out. Have them looked at.

Bigtymerbaumann 03-18-2015 11:46 PM

I think i may have had the same problem as you. I had just recently bought my truck '04 and while driving it home for the first time i heard this noise but couldn't pinpoint the location. Loud enough to be annoying. I changed all fluids (oil, diff., trans) to amsoil. I don't think the brand had anything to do with it. i stumbled onto your post and remembered the sound and hadn't heard it since i got new fluids. Maybe i fixed it maybe not, hope that helps you. If i hear it soon i will report back.

Bigtymerbaumann 03-18-2015 11:51 PM

Forgot to say that the noise only seemed to appear between 1500 and 2500 rpms