SRT10 Forum banner

Slowly Fading Brake Pedal

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Cudawrestler 
#1 ·
Hello. Just joined. I have a 2005 SRT10 Quad Cab. About a year ago I put on new front calipers, new rotors and pads front and rear and new braided steel brake hoses. Brakes worked great. Took to repair center to have them looked at due to pulling to one side and after I picked it up I noticed that when stopping at a light or drive through and holding the brake pedal it would slowly fade down. Took it back, they looked at it and put a new master cylinder on it. Picked it up, same thing. They said they could fix it so I took it to another location with a master tech. He said he had to get a special bleeder for the system, did that, picked it up and same thing. Took it back. Said it was fixed, same thing. Took it to dealer, had it a week said it was master cylinder. Took it back to repair shop, another master cylinder and you guessed it, same thing! Took back to original shop and they isolated each wheel. Said it was fine for a day or two, then same thing. After checking some post they saw somewhere they now say it is the ABS Pump. Not sure how this happens or if that would even cause the problem but before I spend $500 on a pump I would like to see if anyone else has had the same issue or might know what could be causing the problem...or if the ABS Pump could even cause those symptoms. Sorry for the long post.

Frustrated in Houston!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.