Audacious prayer... - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
SpudRacer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Audacious prayer...

This may be my very last post, depending on how it's received, so let me proceed carefully.

First off, I apologized for not being down at Panama City Beach. My hope was to have at least a few people from this site financially partnering with me as I make preparations to leave for Papua New Guinea in 7 short months for 10-12 years. My reason for going to Panama City Beach this year was to solidify relationships made, and thank those who believe in me and what I'm doing. Unfortunately, nobody has even inquired or is asking for more information.

I have learned all too well that it is harder to part man from the almighty dollar than it is to give all you have away.

But that's why I'm not down in Florida right now, relaxing. Instead, I'm up here in Knatsville (Bryson City, NC) washing the car-hauler trailer as it goes to Asheville tomorrow and is gone for good. After a lunch meeting, I have to pull out the boat, wash it, photograph it, and get it up for sale.

I invested a lot of time and effort into this web site while I was active. I invested in some of you as well, buying you huge (spare no expense) trophies for truck of the year out of my own pocket to give you something to be proud of. I always tried to honor the rules of this forum. Well... now I'm going to break them, and ask that Jeff (welcome back my friend) remove my Moderator powers, as a moderator should not be willfully breaking the very rules he's sworn to uphold.

I am making a personal plea to all those out there that have the spark of Christ in their hearts. You KNOW who you are. Read Matthew chapter 28, and you know why I have to go to Papua New Guinea. You might then understand why I'm either selling or giving away everything I own (except scuba, computer, and camera gear). God has asked me to serve Him, and I cannot say no. I have to raise a significant amount of monthly support to help house and feed me and my family while we are over in the jungle of Papua New Guinea. Living there is cheap, but getting there and having emergency health/evacuation insurance is not. I am currently at 35% of my required monthly support, and I cannot leave in November until I have pledges for the remaining 65%. These pledges will require a commitment and cannot be spur of the moment. If you pledge but do not follow through, I will be shorted every month and cannot pay a portion of my rent or buy all the needed food. The amount I will live on, is the exact same amount that the pilots live on, the exact same amount that the janitor at the International School lives on, or the teaches, or the administrators. We all live on the same set "salary", set by Wycliffe Bible Translators.

Money sent to Wycliffe should be "ear-tagged" for us, and is then dispersed monthly from them to us, but only the amount that has been received for us.

I know talking about religion here is taboo, so I fully expect this thread to be deleted, but Jeff I beg of you, can you at least give it enough time to be read before it's deleted?

EVERYONE IN HERE can afford to give up a little a month to help someone else out. I know this crowd, and for the most part we are not what would be considered poor. For the cost of only 5 gallons of gas here in the US, I can buy almost a weeks worth of food from the locals who live there. I implore you, can you please help us at least just a little?

I asked one time for y'all to open up your wallets and help out Big Tony when he got shorted because he wasn't willing to make it public, and you responded in an amazing way.

I am not a religious freak. Many of you know me, some know me pretty well. I'm the same guy you know, I'm just answering a call from God. You don't have to believe in God to help, just believe in me.

I'd be honored to see JTSVP step up with a small monthly pledge to break the ice. I've always tried to support his site, promote his products, and attend his wonderful GTGs when I could.

Lastly, here's the link (below) if you feel led to bless me, my wife, and my children.

Thanks to all. If I get banned for this post, I will miss all of you whom I've had the pleasure to know including those across the pond who I didn't get to actually meet! If you have TOTM or TOTY photos that you haven't saved to your home computer, I suggest you save them soon. IF the original copy is in my gallery, you may lose it when my account is closed... my gallery is way bigger than that allowed unless you're a moderator.

Thanks again guys, it's been an adventure. I wish I was in PCB right now...

http://www.wycliffe.org/Partnership.aspx?mid=FBC358

Tom

2005 "Yellow Fever" #285 Quad-cab

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Quote by Jim Elliott

Last edited by SpudRacer; 05-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2013, 11:09 AM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Tom, the post stays..... God Bless You

I will take care of your status tonight.

I will email you

Is your Viper Truck on the Viper Truck Registry?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2013, 09:17 PM
JTS Venom Performance
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey big man, just saw this, haven't been on much myself due to some biz transactions and growths

but def missed ya at pcb, really , h onestly haven't bothered you much due to knowing what you are getting ready for

but now knowing of what is said above........................you got it man, don't even have to ask, will get it taken care of my good man.

we do need to meet up before you leave for sure, we are having a huge gtg in myrtle this fall with the mopar guys, so if you have time, we would be honored if you could attend.

gods speed my friend

WWW.JTSVP.COM
email [email protected]
phone 704-234-7598
PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE SRT10 FORUM
we let our customers do the talking
FL06SRT 480RWHP NA!
MIDNIGHT RUNNER 520RWHP NA!

"Developer of Ram SRT performance"04 black srt10, 04 red srt10,04 silver srt10, 08 black srt8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement