This section - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #1 of 70 Old 11-01-2004, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
9 seconds

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This section

This section is one central place to post problems with dealer service. Now when good guys (like I know we all are) have problems, they can post here and maybe we can help each other out. NO WITCH HUNTS and please keep posts focused on DEALER issues. Use "general discussion" for other vendors. Let's hope this section doesn't get used very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 70 Old 11-11-2004, 12:16 AM

Oil change blues

Well I took my SRT 10 down for it's first oil change to my dealer. To start off they take the truck in, drop the oil and then find out they have no oil in stock. They wanted to put some other brand of regular oil in it but I said no way.
So there parts runners were out for at least 2 hours and I wanted to get the heck out there, so the service manager says that he'd let me take his Jeep out to get the oil (Mobile 1 of course) So I head out, get the oil and they finally finish the oil change. Well I get home and the next day I checked the oil and find it 4" above the maximum level of the dip stick. I realize that these dip sticks aren't the easiest to read but that is a little to much. Anyway I drain off a half pint and brought it back to the proper level.
I would think that these guys are suppose to be the professionals but this didn't give me to much confidence in their skills or mickey mouse inventory system. I didn't want to raise to much **** with these guys just in case I need some warranty work down the road but they suck.
post #3 of 70 Old 12-27-2004, 01:23 AM
fstjack

Dealer service?

Poor dealer service is why I just purchased a new Ford Ranger instead of a Dodge Dakota. I like the Dakota better but have had such miserable treatment at Dodge Dealers, (with no explination, as I was later told would happen) I just gave up.I do not buy as many new vehicles as Craig does but I have purchased 8 new vehicles since 1997 so I guess I am good for at least 1 per year. I also am asked by neighbors, family and friends what I think about various makes. What do you think I will tell then. I will be buying my wife a new car in the next year and once more it will not be a DaimlerChrysler product. I will be buying a Diesel truck to tow my Dodge around the country and am looking at the Ford Harley Davidson F250. I wonder what folks will think when I pull into a track towing a Dodge with a Ford. A close friend purchased a new HD Ford last year. It had engine driveability and running problems. Ford treated him very well as I was at the dealer with him several times. Dodge needs to take lessons from the other car companys regarding customer relations. Dodge has a good product but they have a serious customer relations problem. The customer service hot line at Dodge is a unplesant experiance. I hope someone from DaimlerChrysler reads this and takes note and follows up, as no one so far has done so. Just my two cents.........Jack

04 Ram SRT-10 #593, Silver, Under construction..........BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID

My other hot rod is a Chevy
1969 Chevelle B/GS, STREET driven a little***it's got current plates, BBC, Enderle Bird Injected, 671 Blower-billet rotors and stripped. alum heads, Brooks aluminum rods, Roller everything , 9", Willwood 4 puck on all 4 corners, Tubbed, TH400 w/brake, Chance converter, 33/16/15SS M/T ET DRAG, still on gas, Bad A$$.

05 Chevy 3500 Silverado LT Crew Cab, Dually, Duramax, Allison, Foose Spank Wheels, Michelin, Edge Juice W/Attitude, Magnaflow, Valentine 1, Sirius Sat, Amp Electric Boards, Truxedo Lo-Pro, & more.

04 Ranger XLT 4dr XC, 3.0 Auto, Parts runner for the Dodge/Chevelle, Sirius Sat. Valentine 1,
Magnaflow, Bilsteins, Centerlines, Rangers have the most unconfortable seats in the world.

25' Sea Ray set up to fish
19' Sea Ray, SBC, bowrider for fun

post #4 of 70 Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 AM
VIPERED

My 2005 CE still vibrates between 65 & 85. Dealer replaced tires, special balancing, rims, after 4 trips for service. At 120 it vibrates more but not all the time. Dealer says it goes with having SRT10 truck 6 speed. Dealer claims quad cab SRT10 rides smooth because its set uo different. Every time I bring it in, dealer claims trouble fixed with high speed balance, then says driving at 120 mph is illegal besides being dangerous. Ready to pull out my hair...............if I had any left.
post #5 of 70 Old 12-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Texas Yellow Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPERED
My 2005 CE still vibrates between 65 & 85. Dealer replaced tires, special balancing, rims, after 4 trips for service. At 120 it vibrates more but not all the time. Dealer says it goes with having SRT10 truck 6 speed. Dealer claims quad cab SRT10 rides smooth because its set uo different. Every time I bring it in, dealer claims trouble fixed with high speed balance, then says driving at 120 mph is illegal besides being dangerous. Ready to pull out my hair...............if I had any left.
The dealer is full of ****, I have a quad cab an dhave the same thing and several prople here on the site have complained about the same thing. Some have been able to fix it and some not I think. If yours is like mine, it's intermittent, even between 65-85, at least mine is. Since it doesn't do it all the time I've ruled out tires rims etc and just figured it's some characteristic of the tires or something. Maybe an old fahsioned tire place could help figure out what it is, doesn't sound like the dealer is going to find it.
post #6 of 70 Old 04-22-2006, 10:14 PM
avmech

Guys, have them check the drive shaft. iI had the same problem with mine. I ended up pulling the drive shaft and taking it to a local drive line shop. They found the shaft to be .035 bent, they strainted it and the problem was solved. The dealer claimed they checked it and the drive line was fine, but when I showed them the recipt it was a differnt tune. They took care of the cost to me for the repair. Only problem with that I told them , is they should have done that in the first place when i asked them to check it and not lie to me and tell me it was fine.

04 SRT 10 RC RED. Paxton super charger, DC Blower flash B&B header with 3" collector, mid pips with high flow cats and cat back system all from B&B, X-metal shifter, X-metal lowering kit, SS mirriors from boomer, tinted widows, boomer door sills, cal-tracs traction bars, LPW adj bearing supports, x-metal throttle bodie, electric cut outs , 8lb pulley x-metal heat exchanger, custom saway bar links, centerforce clutch and viper slave, bogart rims and M&H tires

04 SRT 10 viper Black. Belanger header back.

Last edited by avmech; 04-22-2006 at 10:17 PM.
post #7 of 70 Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
slamdxterra

how do u guys get the dealer to warranty your trucks even w mods and he superchargers? I have 05 QC w/ a paxton and cant get a dealer to touch it!
post #8 of 70 Old 10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
QUICKSILVER

There's a stealership out there where you are called Woodhouse Dodge.
They sell our Truck with the Paxton installed and they warranty it for 36/mos.

Quick
post #9 of 70 Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Deibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamdxterra
how do u guys get the dealer to warranty your trucks even w mods and he superchargers? I have 05 QC w/ a paxton and cant get a dealer to touch it!
If you got a charger on you don't have much of a chance,,, mine isn't warrantied due to my supercharger and i blew my engine... it sucks but i know you gotta pay to play.

2006 SRT-10 QC Mineral Gray
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RAlhtjPM-J0&mode=user&search=
2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 - A few mods, too fast now.
post #10 of 70 Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Mr. Blacktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by avmech
Guys, have them check the drive shaft. iI had the same problem with mine. I ended up pulling the drive shaft and taking it to a local drive line shop. They found the shaft to be .035 bent, they strainted it and the problem was solved. The dealer claimed they checked it and the drive line was fine, but when I showed them the recipt it was a differnt tune. They took care of the cost to me for the repair. Only problem with that I told them , is they should have done that in the first place when i asked them to check it and not lie to me and tell me it was fine.
hey i have an 05 qc i noticed you said you have pulleys could i have a set installed on my qc? and if so how much and where can i get them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement