This section - Page 3 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #21 of 70 Old 04-14-2009, 12:58 PM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Been thinking about this and I have some questions, so bear with me....

Do you know what codes the PCM is throwing (if not, without starting the truck, turn the ken ON, OFF, ON, OFF, then On) the codes will be listed on the odometer.

Then, out of morbid curiosity, look under the truck and see if you have 4 CATs or 2.

Not sure what to say when it comes to the breaks, we know there supposed to squeal, but I just don't know. The transmission on the other hand sounds like it's doing what mines is doing. I've been told that a fluid and filter change plus some minor parts that are included in a shift kit will get me back to firm shifts.

back to the PCM, I just have this feeling that maybe you had a flashed PCM and the dealer flashed it back to stock and now you have even more problems. Because they seem to be unfamiliar with the 10, they're simple fixes are just making everything worse.

but then again, I'm wrong a lot, but I'm still curious.

Jeff

Is your Viper Truck on the Viper Truck Registry?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
viperhauler

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
no...all of that makes sense to me....you may be...just maybe on to something here....

Dan-O
On the hunt...

Night Runner #327 RC

SOLD 02-2015: '04 RC #1150/3057
RIP 06-2012: '05 RC - Honorary 100k+ mile member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Runner View Post
I didn't let them wash my CE. But i did let them wash my son. LOL
post #23 of 70 Old 04-15-2009, 03:19 AM
Raines

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperam2 View Post

Do you know what codes the PCM is throwing (if not, without starting the truck, turn the ken ON, OFF, ON, OFF, then On) the codes will be listed on the odometer.

Then, out of morbid curiosity, look under the truck and see if you have 4 CATs or 2.

Not sure what to say when it comes to the breaks, we know there supposed to squeal, but I just don't know. The transmission on the other hand sounds like it's doing what mines is doing. I've been told that a fluid and filter change plus some minor parts that are included in a shift kit will get me back to firm shifts.

back to the PCM, I just have this feeling that maybe you had a flashed PCM and the dealer flashed it back to stock and now you have even more problems. Because they seem to be unfamiliar with the 10, they're simple fixes are just making everything worse.

Jeff
I don't know what codes it's flashing as I didn't know how to find out until you posted it and it's at the dealer now.

The dealer has said they reset the computers numerous times, but still get the warnings and lights. They said the Chrysler tech. on the phone told them to do it. I'll try to list the things they've done tomorrow according to the receipts they've given me.

The dealer called yesterday to tell me they replaced the module (again) and have no engine light now. They said the running rough is normal although it always has a kind of rough running engine because of what it is, but not that rough. He also said because of the type of brakes the growling was normal even though it just started doing it. They also ordered a new program for the navigation which I don't understand because it's just a disc. As far as the brake light, they said they can't get it to come on.

I was telling them about all the problems guys have stated on here with the transmission seem to be the same problems I have and he acted surprised!

We'll see when I get it back, in the meantime, I'm driving a F-150. Talk about gutless!

post #24 of 70 Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM
viperhauler

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
they also act surprised when you show them the start button....so beware...

and the slave cylinder

and the oil cooler lines

and the....

Dan-O
On the hunt...

Night Runner #327 RC

SOLD 02-2015: '04 RC #1150/3057
RIP 06-2012: '05 RC - Honorary 100k+ mile member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Runner View Post
I didn't let them wash my CE. But i did let them wash my son. LOL
post #25 of 70 Old 04-16-2009, 03:14 AM
Raines

Ok, here's a list of things on some of my receipts. It doesn't include the one from Vegas, the first from 06Jan09 or the last from my dealership as they are in the truck at the dealership.

R.O. opened: 03 FEB 09 Ready 05 FEB 09

33212 chk engine lite on p0533 (ac press sensor cir high) read 5.0v at censor. jumped sensor conn. still reads 5.0v disconn c2 conn at pcm. chkd voltage at sig wire (0.0v) chkd resistance on all 3 wires from sensor to pcm. chkd good. chkd for short on sig wire (good). ordered pcm. repl pcm. drove/no fault codes

b c/s navigation inop
cause:f
100 working as like vehicle at this time
990wro40

33212 nav inop no cd in radio. installed cd. nav working as designed.

I took cd out as message was driving me crazy all the way to Vegas and back.

R.O. opened 06 FEB 09 Ready 11 FEB 09

A check engine lite on/ idles rough
cause: internal failure

101 replaced tipm module, working as like vehicle at this time.
990wro40
1 4692046an module totally integrated

33242 chk eng lite on p0158 (2/2 shortened to voltage) p0138 (1/2 shortened to voltage) chkd sig wire for short (no short) chkd sig wire for open circuit (ok) chkd sig wire & htr wire for short together (ok) chkd for open ground wire (ok) chkd for voltage fromtipm using htr test (no voltage) ordered tipm. test drove 3 times. no faults at this time

R.O. opened 11 FEB 09 READY 12 FEB 09

a chk engine lite on
Caues: lost communication
101 charged and tested battery, reconfigured veh info, cleared codes. working as like vehicle at this time.

990wro40

33250 chk engine lite on no vin/lost communication with jtec. batt voltage low. charged & tested batt (passed load test) reconfigured veh info. cleared codes. vin & jtec present.

Hope this sheds a little light on the B.S. I've been going through with this dealership. As you can see by the dates, they got the truck that was "running as vehicle" back immediately.
post #26 of 70 Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 AM
Raines

Quote:

Jeff
What happened?

It took me like an hour to hunt and peck all that info. and you leave me hanging!?

post #27 of 70 Old 04-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Raines

Update: Wed the dealer called to tell me they replaced the module and the engine light is no longer on. (again) They ordered a new radio as they believe that is why the navigation isn't working. Still can't get brake light to come on.

Yesterday (Thu.) they call to tell me they put radio in and nav. still isn't working so tried a disc from another customer car they had in there and it worked. The disc. I have is in mint condition and unblemished until they call and tell me it's scratched. After I come unglued I tell they to order another one, but it's not the disc. as it hasn't worked since the beginning of these problems. I went so far as to make sure I showed them the disc unblemished the 1st time I took it in.

He then informes me that the SM took it for another test drive and the engine light came back on. (surprise,surprise) They have ordered an o2 censor as they only had one in stock and the truck has two. Looks like I'm stuck with this POS Ford for a while longer.

Last edited by Raines; 04-17-2009 at 06:32 AM.
post #28 of 70 Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 AM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
What happened?

It took me like an hour to hunt and peck all that info. and you leave me hanging!?

I'm still waiting for my service fee before I begin to work on this

j/k

I got to work last night and that was more important to say the least. I will still look and see what I can find, but I'm still curious about the CATS

J

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
post #29 of 70 Old 04-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Raines

Quote:
I'm still waiting for my service fee before I begin to work on this

j/k

I got to work last night and that was more important to say the least. I will still look and see what I can find, but I'm still curious about the CATS

J
You're talking about the catallatic (sp?) converters, right? Did some come with one and others two?

I'm just looking for anything now! I'm worn out on this whole thing. I chappes me even more to find I'm the only one with these problems. I mentioned them calling in a tech. the other day and they acted like I was crazy (which I've been told my whole life), but I told them it may save us all a lot of headache. He said he'd call Chrysler and see what they say.

Last edited by Raines; 04-17-2009 at 07:41 AM.
post #30 of 70 Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 AM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Stock...

There are 4, 2 on each side

Anything less, means someone cut one set or both sets off

― Winston Churchill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement