Now taking nominations for June 2011 Truck of the Month - Page 2 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

post #11 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
SpudRacer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I'll make this simple. Per the rules set by Hemee when TOTM was established:

Quote:
Schedule:
• Nominations will be opened mid-month for the following month's candidates

• Nominations will be closed by the 25th of the month

• Voting will be opened as soon as the nominations have been closed

• Voting will be closed on the last day of the month

• Winner will be announced in the voting thread on or about the 1st of the month, then will be posted in the Winners Thread and featured on the Home Page

No nominations were received by May 25th, therefore there will be no TOTM for May. But we'll certainly give it a go again next month! Oh yea, per the rules Jeff DOES have the right to decline a nomination, so maybe we should ban him next month, just for a month so he can't decline his nomination?!

Tom

2005 "Yellow Fever" #285 Quad-cab

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
Quote by Jim Elliott

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
JTS Venom Performance
Supporting Vendor

sorry but this sux, we have had nominations for trucks that who the heck knows where they come from?

and now we jsut try to honor a person we respect? and no?

sorry thats jsut ****ty

WWW.JTSVP.COM
email [email protected]
phone 704-234-7598
PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE SRT10 FORUM
we let our customers do the talking
FL06SRT 480RWHP NA!
MIDNIGHT RUNNER 520RWHP NA!

"Developer of Ram SRT performance"04 black srt10, 04 red srt10,04 silver srt10, 08 black srt8
post #13 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
SpudRacer

I understand the wanting to respect Jeff. For starters, he declined the nomination and clearly doesn't want to be recognized despite all he's done here.

Second, I didn't make the rules, but it is my job to follow them. I can't enforce some rules, yet ignore others. The thread for nominations was opened way back on the 16th. It is not MY fault that nobody took the time to nominate anyone. I even bumped the thread two days before it was too late, but still nothing.

You may not like it Tony, but I am not the one to blame. Even if Jeff HAD been nominated before the 26th, he still would have declined, so nothing's changed, except that you're cute when you're angry!

Jeff will forever be respected here, nothing will EVER change that. The entire Ram SRT10 community will forever be indebted to him for all the work he's done.

And again I must stress, TOTM is about the trucks, NOT about the owners. PCB is about the owners, NOT about the trucks..

Tom

Quote by Jim Elliott

post #14 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 PM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
For what its worth, those rules were mine, and Linda posted them for me. More than once I bent the nominations rules as they are a guidline not absolute. Like the Admins give a **** about this forum anyway

I declined for my own reasons, and I at least provided a replacement to my nomination....

I know, I forgot to provide the name, but I'm not going to go back and look because it's still a done deal. I think the thing that I'm courious about. When your late because your time has been otherwise spoken for, thats OK, but when someone else is late, rules are rules

Sorry to be honest, but I just am

Is your Viper Truck on the Viper Truck Registry?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
post #15 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 PM
ViperJeff
VIPEROLIGIST

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
powerwagon4me June 2011 SRT10Forum Truck of the Month

Is your Viper Truck on the Viper Truck Registry?

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Winston Churchill
post #16 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 10:33 PM
JTS Venom Performance
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRacer View Post
I understand the wanting to respect Jeff. For starters, he declined the nomination and clearly doesn't want to be recognized despite all he's done here.

Second, I didn't make the rules, but it is my job to follow them. I can't enforce some rules, yet ignore others. The thread for nominations was opened way back on the 16th. It is not MY fault that nobody took the time to nominate anyone. I even bumped the thread two days before it was too late, but still nothing.

You may not like it Tony, but I am not the one to blame. Even if Jeff HAD been nominated before the 26th, he still would have declined, so nothing's changed, except that you're cute when you're angry!

Jeff will forever be respected here, nothing will EVER change that. The entire Ram SRT10 community will forever be indebted to him for all the work he's done.

And again I must stress, TOTM is about the trucks, NOT about the owners. PCB is about the owners, NOT about the trucks..
oh it aint you bud, not at all. here I tell ya what I got a REAL nomination from someone that IS on the forum and participates , will this work?

WWW.JTSVP.COM
email [email protected]
phone 704-234-7598
FL06SRT 480RWHP NA!

"Developer of Ram SRT performance"04 black srt10, 04 red srt10,04 silver srt10, 08 black srt8
post #17 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Troy's QC SRT

Troy's QC SRT

RWHP 451/ 477 RWTQ
post #18 of 43 Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 PM
JTS Venom Performance
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy's QC SRT View Post
Troy's QC SRT

WWW.JTSVP.COM
email [email protected]
phone 704-234-7598
FL06SRT 480RWHP NA!

post #19 of 43 Old 05-28-2011, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
SpudRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperam2 View Post
For what its worth, those rules were mine, and Linda posted them for me. More than once I bent the nominations rules as they are a guidline not absolute. Like the Admins give a **** about this forum anyway

I declined for my own reasons, and I at least provided a replacement to my nomination....

I know, I forgot to provide the name, but I'm not going to go back and look because it's still a done deal. I think the thing that I'm courious about. When your late because your time has been otherwise spoken for, thats OK, but when someone else is late, rules are rules

Sorry to be honest, but I just am
Jeff, I respect you as well as your honesty. I thank you for your feedback. I've apologized in the past when I didn't get things running on time. I can't take back mistakes made in the future. None of us can. Do you really think I am bending the rules for me, but not for the rest of the forum when I get too busy to start the thread or a poll on time? Would the forum as a whole want me to just abdondon the TOTM for a month if I don't get things up and posted in a timely fashion? I'm a busy person, but I'm doing my best to follow the guidelines Jeff layed down before me.

This is not my forum, it's our forum, I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about this topic. If everyone agrees to accepting nominations past the deadline, then we'll ammend the rules. It's not a big deal to me, they're not my rules. Seems fair to me that the forum members should be the ones who set the rules. At least the active members should...

But for now, I have to draw the line somewhere. What if I start a poll today, then someone wants to get nominated tomorrow, do I erase the poll and start a new one? A line has to get drawn somewhere.

For this month, I started the nomination thread ON TIME, and even bumped it, and there were still no nominations. Now, three days past the deadline I'm getting nominations. If everyone agrees to changing the rules, we can change them this month, so they can take effect next month. We live in a democratic society, so it seems the majority should rule on any changes to Jeff's original rules for TOTM. I don't feel empowered to be going and changing any rules without the expressed verbal consent and agreement of the rest of the forum members.

If everyone gets upset that there is no TOTM for June, then hopefully we can steer that frustration towards July and get more nominations.

If anyone wants to nominate changes to the TOTM rules, post them up. I'll start a poll and run it for ten days, and the members can decide on the changes. That will give enough time to make the changes and put them in effect before starting next month's TOTM competition. Sound fair? If not, I'm open to new ideas.

Tom

Quote by Jim Elliott

post #20 of 43 Old 05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
JTS Venom Performance
Supporting Vendor

we love ya tom! LOLOL

Honestly my only little twit is that it should be folks that frequent the forum

I do like seeing other trucks and such, but jsut me , but think guys that frequent the forum should be nominated

I know there are few , but heck I would rather see humblexs truck win 4 times a year

but thats just me

now back to the holiday weekend LOLOL

rock on america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWW.JTSVP.COM
email [email protected]
phone 704-234-7598
FL06SRT 480RWHP NA!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement