SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the 05 RC have different front brakes calipers. They look better that the 04 and are probabbly 4 piston vs 2 piston on the 04's. Would anyone know if the the 05 brakes could be installed with just a caliper swap out or would a new spindle be required?? Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Per the guys and gals at SRT engineering: They would be a direct swap with the addition of the matching '05 brake lines. The ABS trims were tuned specifically for the new caliper in '05 so you might not get any better performance with the new 4 pot calipers unless you changed the ABS module out as well. Also note that the '04 factory spare will not fit on an '05 with the new calipers. The '05 trucks have a different steel spare wheel to clear the new calipers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. Would you have the part #s for the calipers, pads, brake lines, the caliper to bracket bolts and the new spare tire rim? The new calipers look a lot better that the the 04. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
JoeN,
Get a VIN from an 05. Ebay is a good place to look. Give that info to Stingray here on the site. He has been able to get part numbers in the past.

Steve

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, Thanks. I grabbed a 2005 VIN from Ebay(3d3ha16h45g733746). I'll reach our for Stingray. Thanks. Joe

·
Registered
829 Posts
Thanks for the VIN Joe.

I'm working on a part number list but I want to confirm the accuracy of the numbers first with my dealer (some were a little tricky to look up). The one odd thing is that the spare wheel came up as the same part number for 04 and 05 (and the same option code – WGAP 20 inch steel). I will post the numbers as soon as I get to the dealer. But if you just want an idea of a price here is the PN for the R caliper – 5143398AA

I can’t believe that DC upgraded the brakes! I feel that our trucks stop beautifully as it is now! Must be to stop the added weight of the QC from 154mph and they threw them on the RC’s too. Anyway, some say more is better.

BTW, it looks like the part numbers for the clutches stayed the same along with the hydraulics :( - but they upgraded the brakes :rolleyes:

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
i looked at an 05 today the front were different but the rear brakes were the same. looked like the spare would still fit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts