SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to visit a local dealer outside of New Orleans to checkout the black '05 Quad Cab they have. They're asking $5,000 over MSRP but were willing to come down to $3,000 over MSRP. The Sales Manager said that if they sold it for any less then their allotment from Dodge would be affected. Is this true?

Since then they have received red and silver quad cabs and called to let me know they may be able to come down on price a little more.

What is a fair price for these?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

·
Registered
140 Posts
General Rule of thumb with most car dealers. (Not all)
Is never believe anything they tell you that is not backed up in writing,
and never pay more than MSRP.
There is less room to play with the prices on an SRT than on a regular truck, but the dealership is making a good profit even a little lower MSRP.

I think moving vehicles is more important to Dodge than gouging a customer.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
either call Bill pemberton(which yyou can find on this forum) or call Fred lemasters at Empire in wilkesboro nc, or Mckinney in Gastonia nc. A little further to travel but paying over msrp is rediculous. Most of the people I know around here are less than msrp, heck there's too many 04's left that are new to be charging over msrp for the 05's. If you call Fred tell him Sawyer sent ya, then maybe he'll charge you 10k over. lololol :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought mine from a "distant" friend's dealership - $3K under MSRP...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses so far.

Is insurance high on these? The insurance on my 14 year old Mustang is higher than on our '05 Town & Country Limited.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
kb91notch347 said:
Thanks for the responses so far.

Is insurance high on these? The insurance on my 14 year old Mustang is higher than on our '05 Town & Country Limited.

Just insured my single cab SRT-10 and it was $18/mo more then my 04 HEMI Single Cab. My carrier went by 10 cylinder not that it was a performance vehicle. Too them it is a truck and only a truck. Same thing with Ford Lightnings.

I use Geico.

Site

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
So far if you are real lucky , the insurance isn't bad , mine counts it as a 2wd 1500 so insurance is cheap, the srt part is just an option. But now you might want to check the insurance could catch on and bump it up in 05. Good luck! Just for info, I know Empire has a 04 silver (least made) I think for 42k , but know the one at McKinney in gastonia is red about 50 miles or so loaded with nav and side curtains, and you can probably get it for 38k msrp for 47k. It might be worth the travel for ya, I know its 6hrs from birmingham to here and your about 3hrs or so from there, so it might be something you want to think about.Good luck and welcome! If ya need any phone #'s let me know I'm checking on the forum about every thirty or so, sittin at home with the flu, so if I can help let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
kb91notch347 said:
What is a fair price for these?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
I got my Regular cab (Yellow Fever ediiton) for $2940 below sticker ($48,740, paid $45,800) so deals are out there. I know the difference between tissue and MSRP is about 5K. SO there is wiggle room. However, it depends on what the dealer thinks they can get for the vehicle. One dealer here in NJ wanted $59,990 for the same truck I paid $45,800 for. His theory was, there is an ass for every vehicle regardless the price and they felt it was a
fair market value
Maybe I lucked out, don't know but look around and work them sales boys!

Site :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
kb91notch347

Also, give Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse Dodge a call. Bet he can help you out with the truck of your dreams!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stinker said:
So far if you are real lucky , the insurance isn't bad , mine counts it as a 2wd 1500 so insurance is cheap, the srt part is just an option. But now you might want to check the insurance could catch on and bump it up in 05. Good luck! Just for info, I know Empire has a 04 silver (least made) I think for 42k , but know the one at McKinney in gastonia is red about 50 miles or so loaded with nav and side curtains, and you can probably get it for 38k msrp for 47k. It might be worth the travel for ya, I know its 6hrs from birmingham to here and your about 3hrs or so from there, so it might be something you want to think about.Good luck and welcome! If ya need any phone #'s let me know I'm checking on the forum about every thirty or so, sittin at home with the flu, so if I can help let me know.
Thanks for the info. I need a quad cab for my wife and 3 sons!

The flu sucks - hope you get better soon.

KB

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
new truck

my dealer here in Indiana is so cool also. Expressway Dodge~talk to Justin at 812-477-1740 tell him Gary Virgin told you to call. they will deal. i buy everything there, and they treat you like family. also on insurance you can have it classified as an occansional driven & save some bucks as well.~boomer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sitedrifter said:
kb91notch347

Also, give Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse Dodge a call. Bet he can help you out with the truck of your dreams!

I sent Bill a PM earlier today.

Thanks.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The dealer in my town wanted 10K over MSRP. The truck sat for two months, I went in and bought it for MSRP and they also waived the shipping fee.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Grab 4 said:
The dealer in my town wanted 10K over MSRP. The truck sat for two months, I went in and bought it for MSRP and they also waived the shipping fee.
Seems like many of the dealers around here (New Orleans/Baton Rouge) now have at least 3 SRT-10 Quad Cabs in stock. Maybe if they sit a while they'll come down in price.

BTW, I grew up in Potomac, MD (Montgomery County).

Kevin

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Kevin.......nice to hear. I currently live in Lexington Park, Saint Mary's county, close to the Patuxent River naval base

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Grab 4 said:
Hey Kevin.......nice to hear. I currently live in Lexington Park, Saint Mary's county, close to the Patuxent River naval base
We used to have a couple contracts at Pax River. Do you happen to know Bob Brown of Hollywood or Damian Hall of Leonardtown?

Kevin

·
Registered
24 Posts
My dealer received only one QC in Nov. which I ordered in Sept. , I paid MSRP but got free extended warranty. Frisco, Texas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts