SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the dyno shop now. First run was 520ish, 2nd run 500, 3rd run w methanol tune but no meth was 557. AF fat a a pig from 3000 rpm - 5000. 10.0 is as low as dyno registers and was bottomed out.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Final run today with the methanol tune and with the methanol running. At first we were hoping running the methanol tune without the meth would help the AF but looks like maybe the fuel mapping is the same for both tunes. Turning on the methanol resulted in a run at 564 RWHP but still running way to rich. The small gain was most likely just from the cooling affect of the methanol. I currently don't have a way to record rpm, map sensor voltage, timing, boost, AF in order to get the tune tweeked. There is a cable and software available through PLX devices, the manufacturer of the multi-gauge that I use but I'm not sure if it will pass OBD2 info. Does anyone have any recommendations on recording software/tools.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Figured out the problem. Ran the part number from my MAP sensor and it is a 3 bar sensor. Tune is written for 2 bar sensor. Gonna switch it out tomorrow morning and try another run or two.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leaving alot of HP with the AF so fat. I'm not sure what I will get out of it once this problem is fixed but it is nice to move up from the 380rwhp baseline I had before.

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Air/Fuel Ratio..... You want a Good Balance of A/F going into the cylinder... Too Rich (too much Fuel) and it will hurt HP... Too Lean (Not enough Fuel) and you will Burn a Piston or Worse.... :)

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Figured out the problem. Ran the part number from my MAP sensor and it is a 3 bar sensor. Tune is written for 2 bar sensor. Gonna switch it out tomorrow morning and try another run or two.
Is quoting yourself kinda like talking to yourself? map sensor checked out fine. Sean Roe is looking into the tune. I'm still convinced it is something with the sensors and not the tune.

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats your average mpg on that hp? Hope you get it figured out.
Shortstack. Not really sure. My overhead Average MPG is reading 16. At this point the truck is more about Smiles Per Gallon.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Wow

Shortstack. Not really sure. My overhead Average MPG is reading 16. At this point the truck is more about Smiles Per Gallon.
Wholly Crap!!!!!!
You get 16 mpg AVG.???????

I have an '05 QC and the best I've seen is 12.5, and I behave myself most of the time....!!!!!

Would you mind posting the details of your engine mods???
just curious, i might have to model mine after yours....:beerchug:

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wholly Crap!!!!!!
You get 16 mpg AVG.???????

I have an '05 QC and the best I've seen is 12.5, and I behave myself most of the time....!!!!!

Would you mind posting the details of your engine mods???
just curious, i might have to model mine after yours....:beerchug:
Mods are in my signature. I have never calculated my actual mpg so I have no clue if the overhead display is accurate. When I first got the truck it had 400 miles on it and showed 9 mpg average. I drove for close to 10,000 miles before it climbed to 12 mpg average. One day I reset it and it has been sitting around 16 for the last 10,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Mods are in my signature. I have never calculated my actual mpg so I have no clue if the overhead display is accurate. When I first got the truck it had 400 miles on it and showed 9 mpg average. I drove for close to 10,000 miles before it climbed to 12 mpg average. One day I reset it and it has been sitting around 16 for the last 10,000 miles.
Thanx Seethrough...
That is amazing with a Supercharger

SpudRacer I think he runs one of these...

http://autochipsdirect.com/dodge-ram-srt-10--179

Hey Spud...
Saw the other post on these...."if only" right????! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
If I had unlimited funding... this is exactly what I'd have rotting in my garage.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
If I had unlimited funding... this is exactly what I'd have rotting in my garage.

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACR Heaven!!!!!!!!!!! I See those in my sleep!
with a reverse color scheme though....

·
Premium Member
2,600 Posts
seethrough, that video of your dyno run was absolutely seductive. My favorite part was when the truck jumped at the end of the run. Pure power!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts