SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time posting to a forum, so i appreciate any/all support in advance. Purchased my dream truck after 15 years and it's in great condition with the exception of 2 issues i'm hoping you all can help with:

1. The truck doesn't turn off properly. When i'm parked, and go to turn it off, it either flutters off (like a car running out of gas), or I have to stall it. The previous owner alluded to this being common, and mentioned something about the ignition switch and/or tumblers needing work. Curious if any of you have had similar issues? Trying to do as much research as possible before going to the dealership/shop. Truck runs fantastic when it's on.

2. Something is draining the battery. Previous owner believed it was related to the above ignition issue (wasn't turning off right). When the truck sits overnight (and everything to my knowledge is off - lights, etc), the batter is still dead the next morning. Fortunately, with a jump it starts up and runs fine, but when i am done it's back to problem one above.

Would appreciate any help/insight. let me know if you have any more questions from me to help diagnose this! Thank you!

·
Registered
133 Posts
What year truck do you have? Does it have anything aftermarket added to the electrical system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
for ..draining the battery it happen to me in my 2005 rc !!

check the radio is complety off ... and there no sound come after remove ignition .

if this not help

check fuse 51# it control radio and internal light and obd2 port

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for ..draining the battery it happen to me in my 2005 rc !!

check the radio is complety off ... and there no sound come after remove ignition .

if this not help

check fuse 51# it control radio and internal light and obd2 port
Thanks for the update! Stupid question - is there another way to confirm the radio is completely off besides turning it off directly and then powering down the truck?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts