SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey - following up to a previous post i didn't have much luck on. My car has a fresh battery, yet when it sits overnight, it's dead. It also doesn't turnoff correctly (shutters off, or needs to be stalled).

Dealership just got back to me and said i need to replace the steering column assembly. Could also be the actuator/ignition (ignition lock cylinder). Either way, they're telling me both parts are discontinued so they need to use used parts and it's either 1600 or 1100 installed. Actuator/ignition is the cheaper option, but their mechanic doesn't think that's the ultimate fix.

curious of any feedback?! I know they're getting one over on me, but i don't know any good SRT mechanics in LA (and google isn't helping). also, not sure why my parts can't be rebuilt. Seeing some of the parts they mentioned online for a lot cheaper than what they're quoting me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I’ve seen these guys recommended throughout the years. Wish I could duplicate your issue then I could possibly help. Industrial electrical & maintenance manager.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey - following up to a previous post i didn't have much luck on. My car has a fresh battery, yet when it sits overnight, it's dead. It also doesn't turnoff correctly (shutters off, or needs to be stalled).

Dealership just got back to me and said i need to replace the steering column assembly. Could also be the actuator/ignition (ignition lock cylinder). Either way, they're telling me both parts are discontinued so they need to use used parts and it's either 1600 or 1100 installed. Actuator/ignition is the cheaper option, but their mechanic doesn't think that's the ultimate fix.

curious of any feedback?! I know they're getting one over on me, but i don't know any good SRT mechanics in LA (and google isn't helping). also, not sure why my parts can't be rebuilt. Seeing some of the parts they mentioned online for a lot cheaper than what they're quoting me.
Vipers need specially trained technicians.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts