SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best run from Craig's Silver Venom 800 Twin Turbo also known as Craig's Silver Bullet:

60 ft. 1.66
330 ft. 4.76
1/8 et 7.25
1/8 mph 99.58
1/4 et 11.26
1/4 mph 122.52

We got this on our 4th run tonite. The 3 previous runs were all 11.5 with mph varying from 117 - 122 mph and 60 ft times in the 1.8 range.

We ran a tire that was shorter than we wanted to run and we did hit the limiter at the end of the track in 4th gear on a few runs. The best run of 11.26 was shifting into 5th gear at the 1000 ft. mark. The next time out we will run a taller tire and see what happens.

Craig's silver bullet was running about 10 psi boost and was making about 670 rw hp. The truck ran at full weight (5400 lbs) and had the tail gate on and in the up position.

All in all, I was very happy with the performance for our first real trip to the track. We will be going back again soon and we will let you know how we do.

I will try to post the time slip and video from the 11.26 run when I get a chance.

Thanks again to Craig for allowing us to build this really fast, fun truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
$45,000 purchase price
$42,000 in modifications (per henessey website)
$87,000 total

runs a 11.2?

interesting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,911 Posts
Well you could pay thew same and get a Viper and run about the same times.

But we buy trucks so we can have lots of elbow room, sit up over most other vehicles, and occasionally haul a load or two. To make a 5400 Lb truck run with Vipers, Cobra's, Vettes etc is pretty impressive, not to mention these trucks will go around a corner better than most 3000 lb sedans also makes me: :D :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
$45,000 purchase price
$42,000 in modifications (per henessey website)
$87,000 total

runs a 11.2?

interesting
HAHA. What's even funnier, is that when I sent him the two trucks, I didn't even ask him how much. Nor will I on the next three I send him. For some people price is important, others it isn't.

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
HAHA. What's even funnier, is that when I sent him the two trucks, I didn't even ask him how much. Nor will I on the next three I send him. For some people price is important, others it isn't.

Craig
yeah, you spent all that money on a truck that runs 11.2. I'd be pissed, but it's your money, I guess you know a good investment and addition to the portfolio when you see it. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marc T said:
Well you could pay thew same and get a Viper and run about the same times.

But we buy trucks so we can have lots of elbow room, sit up over most other vehicles, and occasionally haul a load or two. To make a 5400 Lb truck run with Vipers, Cobra's, Vettes etc is pretty impressive, not to mention these trucks will go around a corner better than most 3000 lb sedans also makes me: :D :D :D
True, the cost of this truck is about what a new Viper costs. But the truck will smoke any stock Viper and a whole lot of modified Vipers. With more boost and more track time Craig's truck will go mid-10's sooner than later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I guess what Wikdsvt is hinting to is that no matter much money SRT10x3 has it seems like a horrific waste of money concidering that you can take a Lightning that cost around 30k new throw another 15 to 20k tops into it and have a truck that runs lower 10s at 133mph plus and drive it home with the A/C blasting. All this with a 330cu inch V8 w/ ported head, cams and bolt ons!!!Be as arrogant as you want about how rich you are but you're still being had in my book. It will be interesting to when Underground Racing finishes up one of these trucks. Their package will probably be half as much $ and will most likely be a second quicker with about 10mph better trap speed.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
Typical sour grapes. I see the same $ card get played by the Vette guys after a Viper shows them up. I guess it makes second place feel better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
i1again said:
I guess what Wikdsvt is hinting to is that no matter much money SRT10x3 has it seems like a horrific waste of money concidering that you can take a Lightning that cost around 30k new throw another 15 to 20k
Dave
HAHA. I'm not really loyal to any brand, but have you actually sat in a lightning then a RAM. The seats in the lightning are hard on the ass, there isn't very much cabin room, and I'm generally un-impressed with FORDS low end products. I could take a Honda Civic for $15K, add $5k in mods, and totally trash my SRT/10's time and be in the 9's.

OH, the paint job on one of my SRT10's is over $30K, I suppose you would have gone to to KMART and purchased a case of Krylon spray paint for $20.00, but the folks at SEMA aren't going to let you in :)

Craig
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
Wikd

Sometimes it is just not about the money. It is about what you can do with the money and what the money can do for you. Viper's, Corvette's, L'S and RAM SRT-10's are not purchased to be practical. They are purchased to fill a need. They are modded for the same reason. Vehicles are a spiritual thing to me. If not I would be driving a Kia or a Honda. To me a vehicle is much more than a dollar and cents thing. If you want a bargain go fast, look in National Dragster every week and you can be running 9's for less than 20K.
Life is all about priorities, and the majority of folks on this board own SRT-10's. Those are our priorities. I am a member of the NLOC board and I do not go post there and tell those folks what they should be doing. For months now you have been running your mouth about what you think we should be doing. I am tired of hearing your school yard BS. If you don't have anything nice to say, and I mean really out and out praise for what has been acomplished don't say it............My 1320cents worth...................Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
yeah, you spent all that money on a truck that runs 11.2. I'd be pissed, but it's your money, I guess you know a good investment and addition to the portfolio when you see it. :rolleyes:
WOW!! major DICKHEAD!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
9 seconds said:
Typical sour grapes. I see the same $ card get played by the Vette guys after a Viper shows them up. I guess it makes second place feel better.
So @*#@* true
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
974 Posts
SRT10x3 said:
HAHA. I'm not really loyal to any brand, but have you actually sat in a lightning then a RAM. The seats in the lightning are hard on the ass, there isn't very much cabin room, and I'm generally un-impressed with FORDS low end products. I could take a Honda Civic for $15K, add $5k in mods, and totally trash my SRT/10's time and be in the 9's.

OH, the paint job on one of my SRT10's is over $30K, I suppose you would have gone to to KMART and purchased a case of Krylon spray paint for $20.00, but the folks at SEMA aren't going to let you in :)

Craig
spank,spank LOL!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,013 Posts
Good-googly-moogly what have I missed. My man I applaud you for having enough money to do so with as you wish, and most of the time its just jealousy that reins king among men. Hell I'm like you, well sorta, live in a small town but have lotsa toys, so as usual before anyone got to know me, well you can imagine. Hell I could take my john deere lawnmower and pour enough $ into it, I could fly right by ,while mowing the grass along the track , one of them there ford pligtning clucks. Guys sometimes one of those gas bubbles is always going to sneek into our land and trash our trucks on our boards. Just ignore them ignorant people and like bad gas they will pass as usual. Hell srt10x3 brother kick it up a notch, have one of em chrome plated, or have a carbon body parts made to lighten up the truck, or heck make em real mad take the silver one, and make a damn flower pot out of it, and when asked why, well say " because I can , damnit" Hell I think you're the man, looking at what you've got just makes me work harder, and as long as I'm happy to heck with everyone else, those booger picking, bald headed, city slicking,buffet eatinin, pocket pool playin,butt scratchin, peanut heads. :p :p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D And by the way the people that live in charlotte ain't that bright anyway.lololololololol :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
My post wasn't intended to be a SVT vs. SRT deal but rather to point the fact that sometimes big tuners charge out the a$$ and don't deliver the goods. I've seen it time and time again. I know first hand the potiential of the SRT engine and know it can make some serious #s. I have personally witnessed a viper go 1000+ hp to the tires with the right parts and be perfectly streetable. This same treatment can be done to a SRT10 truck I feel for much less $ and the end result would be at least mid 10s with trap speeds in the mid to high 130s. The fact is that I do own a small shop that specializes in the SVT Lightning and build the fastest around, in fact one of my customers has one of the fastest street driven Gen 2 in the country(the #s I posted earlier). I built his truck at what I feel was a fair price but the sad truth is that if he would have taken his truck up north to one of the well known tuners he would have spent twice as much and I guarantee it would not be a fast. I have taken a very close look at the SRT 10 and have come very close to buying one and if I do I promise you I can get it to make big #s for half as much as the "big" guy!!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,013 Posts
Yes yes everyone knows some people charge too much , it is known but nothing should be said. Everybody knows that things can be done cheaper, point in fact an air intake for an srt-10. But the fact is just like calloway does vettes, MTI does 18,000 engines you can build for 8, these guys do this for a living ,its all they do, and they do it very well, and on a national level, and sometimes a world level. Their always has to be someone that is the best at something, and for that expertise you pay $. If I had the dollars srt10x3 had I too would probably send mine to a viper expert. But for those of us out there that can't say that their truck was built by the "MAN" , we will have them built somewhere else, maybe for less $, but it does'nt mean we bash the guy that does charge twice for his knowledge. So just think about that, would you like being nationaly or wordly known for your work, and have bob form charlotte come in and say you rip people off? I don't think so.Myself I will probably have the awesome guys in charlotte at the underground do mine. I've talked with them they didn't bash anyone, they are close, and not as expensive, and have won the past 2 viper nationals. That tells me they know their stuff. And yeah some things are wxpenxive and over priced, but its nice to say I have a calloway corvette,or a saleen mustang or so-on, but it not just as cool to say "hey guys I just paid $88,392.87 for a peanut butter frizzle camaro thats got 924hp to the rear wheel" :D :p :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
I want to run mid 10's you give me a quote.

i1again said:
My post wasn't intended to be a SVT vs. SRT deal but rather to point the fact that sometimes big tuners charge out the a$$ and don't deliver the goods. I've seen it time and time again. I know first hand the potiential of the SRT engine and know it can make some serious #s. I have personally witnessed a viper go 1000+ hp to the tires with the right parts and be perfectly streetable. This same treatment can be done to a SRT10 truck I feel for much less $ and the end result would be at least mid 10s with trap speeds in the mid to high 130s. The fact is that I do own a small shop that specializes in the SVT Lightning and build the fastest around, in fact one of my customers has one of the fastest street driven Gen 2 in the country(the #s I posted earlier). I built his truck at what I feel was a fair price but the sad truth is that if he would have taken his truck up north to one of the well known tuners he would have spent twice as much and I guarantee it would not be a fast. I have taken a very close look at the SRT 10 and have come very close to buying one and if I do I promise you I can get it to make big #s for half as much as the "big" guy!!!
Ok, You guarantte big #'s at half what Hennessy charges. To run mid 10's, at 137.5 Mph it takes 1000 WHP or 1260 FWHP. Give me a dollar figure to do that reliably without nitrous. I want everything that I need to get the job done. Turn key. I also want what you stated as far as driveability with reliability to be there. I will wait for your quote.................Jack
to be there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Well I for one like the looks of the SRT 10, and wish there was not such a love hate relationship between the Lightning and SRT guys. I respect that John is working hard to get the truck where the owners want it to be, as we have done with the Lightning and it was not cheap in the beginning.....I guess all have forgotten the R&D that went into such projects. Guys keep on with the the keeping on......and when you see me on the street( and mine is a true streetable, back and forth the Waco and Dallas every weekend from Houston) just give a little respect as I have the same for you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,013 Posts
Well bo don't worry I for one respect all vehicles if one loves his transportation. Learned it from being a mechanic years ago, from geo metro's to lambo's. If ya keep it a shine then don't whine. I'll give ya respect brother, your ford sounds fast, just for now i'm toten dodge, next year ford, next year chevy who know's.Just love what you drive , don't hate what ya don't. Hell I've done cought flack from some of the youngens around here for my neon in the cab , just because I'm almost 40. Dang drawer show'ers. :D :D lololol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,343 Posts
chillfactor said:
Well I for one like the looks of the SRT 10, and wish there was not such a love hate relationship between the Lightning and SRT guys. I respect that John is working hard to get the truck where the owners want it to be, as we have done with the Lightning and it was not cheap in the beginning.....I guess all have forgotten the R&D that went into such projects. Guys keep on with the the keeping on......and when you see me on the street( and mine is a true streetable, back and forth the Waco and Dallas every weekend from Houston) just give a little respect as I have the same for you.
Thank you for the encouragement it helps. Respect is something that should and must be earned, courtesy on the other hand should be given freely as we are all on the same journey..................JACK
 
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Top