SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is it me, or is the driver shifting EXTREMELY early, esp. 2 thru 4?

John- I know there's only about 2% of the planet that actually have Mac's, but none of them are able to view your clips.
Pssst....Mac owners usually have LOTS of money to spend on toys. You might want to check in with your web guy to make them compatible with all platforms.
Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
447 Posts
John Hennessey said:
The short rear tires makes for fast 1-2 and 2-3 shifts.
Ahhh....ok. Do the shorter shift points give enough RPM to get those two big turbos running optimally?

John Hennessey said:
What format can Mac's see the movies in? Thanks!
Anything other than what you're using now! LOL
MPEG or AVI are the standards. AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved) is a good basic format for all platforms.
Whatever you do, DO NOT use RealPlayer stuff. Not only is it awful quality, but they've got spyware that the CIA would love to get ahold of.
:D

Oh, and if you need someone with a Mac to test it, just email me ( [email protected] ) the link. I'll gladly test it and let you know.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Kevan said:

John- I know there's only about 2% of the planet that actually have Mac's, but none of them are able to view your clips.
Pssst....Mac owners usually have LOTS of money to spend on toys. You might want to check in with your web guy to make them compatible with all platforms.
Just a suggestion.
Kevan, you can install Microsofts Meda Player for Mac, or grab a WMA to MAC convertor. Just search google.

Craig

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah, but the videos don't open with WMP 9 for Mac, in either OS9.x or OSX.x.

I don't think a converter is the answer. I think end format for the video is a much easier way to go, esp. when we're talking about improved quality and cross-platform compatibility.

Plus, it's for a business. Not a home movie of their last rafting trip. People are looking at ordering $60K and $90K+ vehicles. It's a little different than ordering a pizza.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Post-shower Thought:
Why isn't there a WMV converter already with WMP for Mac? Shouldn't it convert automatically?

Or, am I making too much sense for Gates' and his hordes?

EDIT- Typo fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kevan,

In Safari right click mouse so you can download link to desktop. Once item is downloaded to your desktop you can double click to open and it will play using Media Player. This is how I was able to view the video.

·
Registered
447 Posts
BBA said:
Kevan,

In Safari...
We can stop right there. :)
I'm on a G3 running OS9.x. Latest WMP for me is 7. Download trick doesn't work on this machine. My G5 isn't here yet.

I have a few friends running OSX (Safari, I believe), and they weren't able to view it directly with WMP or Quicktime with the standard link, but could do it with the Download to Desktop trick. Not exactly convienent, but....it does work.

Still.....how about just a normal video file with an AVI or MPEG suffix?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Kevan said:

Just a suggestion.
if you have a Mac, then you should have lots of money for an srt10-right? if not go buy another computer, and lets keep the talk about trucks, this is way off topic.

·
Registered
974 Posts
BOOMER said:
if you have a Mac, then you should have lots of money for an srt10-right? if not go buy another computer, and lets keep the talk about trucks, this is way off topic.
IBM compatiable the only way to go :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
BOOMER said:
Jeez....resent much?

I was simply trying to help John bring in clients he might not get because they aren't able to view the vids on his site.

It's BUSINESS, he's a SITE-SPONSORING VENDOR, and this is about his VIDEO, according to the TITLE of this thread, that John started.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Kevan said:
Jeez....resent much?

I was simply trying to help John bring in clients he might not get because they aren't able to view the vids on his site.

It's BUSINESS, he's a SITE-SPONSORING VENDOR, and this is about his VIDEO, according to the TITLE of this thread, that John started.
Hey there Kevan. I just ordered a MAC so I can convert the video's for you (and John) :)

Craig

1 - 20 of 21 Posts