SRT10 Forum banner

12.1 @ 117 (V-10 nationals)

9K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  fstjack 
#1 ·
I just rolled in from Shreveport. In a loosing effort, I was able to improve on my best time. Previous best was 13.1 for me. I sprayed, removed tailgate and spare (left wing on) and dropped tire pressure to 23 psig. I had some trouble in practice leaving (clutch). After a little cool down I tried easing it out of the hole then hitting the gas. Ablsolutely no tire spin. I think I can improve on the 60' (practice) and lower the time some more. But, as you can see by the yellow slip, I was done for today. I drove 635 mile round trip, got 14 MPG at 80+ mph, and ran a low 12. I'm happy.:D

60' - 2.023
330 - 5.2773
1/8 - 7.945
1/8 - 91.78 mph
1000 - 10.235
1/4 - 12.152
mph - 117.19

I'll try to get a better copy of the slip later.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
9 seconds said:
I had witnesses!

aaaaa did you say something about a 12.15 time slip??? Okay, sure , I'll take purple girl on left please. Tell me where to fedx the ticket!!! :)

Ok I got that out of the system, how high did you rev before slipping the clutch out? Was your old 13.1 time with Nos or no-NOS??!! I would say you had a GREAT time there...I still want purple girl on left please, sometimes you just gotta import em here on the island!!! :D

patrick

#9 ·
ALL RIGHT STEVE !
Congrats on the new times, looks like you got stuff working, hav'nt been on the board very much lately to see how things were going.
Now I belive the time slip but, call BS on the witnesses :D How do we know that's your truck? could be anyones Red SRT10. for proof of witnesses, we need a picture of you in the middle, or thier names & addresses :D :D

Please, please don't have the picture with you in the middle LOL

#10 ·
Nice time 9, When you get that 60' time down you'll be looking at high 11's whoo.. as for the babes yeeaaooo. I am easy I'll take the three to the right of purple pants LOL!

#11 ·
Ditto on the purple pants thingy. :)

#13 ·
Awsome run, get those 60' times into the 1.8 area, and your be a decent 11second run. Btw what size of NoS shot did you run?

#16 ·
Hi: congrats. Btw i'll take the first one (i,ll even pay shipping!! hehehe :D :D )Now on another topic do you have stock exhaust or do you have the cats removed for the nitrous run ? again ccongrats

#19 ·
9 seconds said:
It seems that many of you have made a big mistake. The blonde on the end is the one. Trust me.
Oh yea ,she would do in a pinch (or two pinches) :)

#20 ·
Just to clear things up a little, I am still running the stock clutch! I will have to find something better if I plan to launch with slicks and it won't be the Spec that I tried several months ago. Some of the mid-9 second (no relation) Vipers (gen II) are running dual disc McLoed's. I'll have to see if they have one that will work on a Gen III's if they're different.

#21 ·
12.1 that's all?

Just kidding. Make some traction bars to get that 60' down. Every .1 improvement in the first 60' equal about a .2 in the 1/4 mile

End of the month I'm heading back to the track here. I'm shooting for 12.1 or 11.99. Doubtful on the 11.99 though

Congrats.

#22 ·
9 seconds said:
Just to clear things up a little, I am still running the stock clutch! I will have to find something better if I plan to launch with slicks and it won't be the Spec that I tried several months ago. Some of the mid-9 second (no relation) Vipers (gen II) are running dual disc McLoed's. I'll have to see if they have one that will work on a Gen III's if they're different.
Did your clutch give you any problems when you ran the 12.1 ET's with the Nitrous?

And how were you launching it? Im assuming you were not hitting the bottle off the line.

#23 ·
WTG
Steve, Great showing at the V10 Nats. You are still the standard bearer and man to beat in the SRT-10 truck ranks. Good 60' and no nos times. Your truck runs hard and you are a good driver. I am very proud that you are on our board as a moderator and offer your help and experiance so freely.
Thanks, Jack

#25 ·
Hamrhead said:
Did your clutch give you any problems when you ran the 12.1 ET's with the Nitrous?

And how were you launching it? Im assuming you were not hitting the bottle off the line.
On run number one of the day, I tried slipping the clutch for a good 60' and was spraying before the clutch was fully released. I don't have to tell you how that ended up. I let the truck sit for an hour and did a little shake down run and it held fine. I went ahead and made a safe 12.5, 1.9 60ft. qualifying run. and then upjetted to make the pass in eliminations. Launch was from 3000 and the gas was probably coming on right at the 60' mark.

FYI, all, I do have revalved bilstein shocks for drag racing. Darn near bounce off the road a couple of times in East Texas.:eek:

#26 ·
Sounds good - Thanks.

Pretty wierd. Ride the clutch off the line, heat it up a little, and it slips like nutz on all motor. But let it cool down, launch the truck without slipping the clutch off the line too much, pound the bottle in first, and it holds just fine with 200 more HP all the way down the 1/4. :confused:

Obviously heat = bad :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.