8K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Torquemonster 
#1 ·
For your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
D Davis said:
Congats Steve.
It's nice to see the truck puttin down some 12s, also those are some GREAT 60' times, if you can duplicate his this summer, it will be awsome.
sorry to hear you didn't get to have a full n20s run. :cool:
I don't think I can duplicate Tom's 60' times on stock tires. I was able to get down to a 2.0. Maybe I can get some more. Now when I have slicks on there, the gap between Tom and I will narrow. Launching with slicks is easier and nitrous doesn't care if it's hot outside.

#18 ·
9 seconds said:
For your viewing pleasure.
Nice slip, Bill Fletcher just ran a 10.59@139 MPH in his 2WD Cummins.
Mark Harris's RED ROCKET a close second with a 11.45@ 144 MPH also a 2wd Cummins.

Both were not using N2O yet as they are getting their suspensions dialed in.

Object lesson#1 When racing a diesel, check for a 4" or dual 4" exhaust (its not there for looks folks)

Object lesson #2 NEVER EVER race one for cash.... we usually use the side bet money for more NAWS or an even bigger turbo or another turbo or bigger injectors so we can really whoop next time.

Object lesson #3 When handing over the BLING BLING try to be gracious in defeat. It really is hard for ust to take your money without smiling, so try to be consideraqte of that.

Object lesson #4 If you wanna go 2 out of 3 the bet Quadruples. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Good times overall.... Keep pushing the envelope guys!
FYI if you purchased a 1994-7 Ram with mechanical 12valve engine in it and threw 8K in mods at it, it would cost less than half of an SRT-10, get twice the fuel economy, pull a trailer with ease AND make you laugh like heck!!!
(torque makes most people giddy, and we got that in spades!)

#20 ·
Got Juice? said:
Nice slip, Bill Fletcher just ran a 10.59@139 MPH in his 2WD Cummins.
Mark Harris's RED ROCKET a close second with a 11.45@ 144 MPH also a 2wd Cummins.

Both were not using N2O yet as they are getting their suspensions dialed in.

Object lesson#1 When racing a diesel, check for a 4" or dual 4" exhaust (its not there for looks folks)

Object lesson #2 NEVER EVER race one for cash.... we usually use the side bet money for more NAWS or an even bigger turbo or another turbo or bigger injectors so we can really whoop next time.

Object lesson #3 When handing over the BLING BLING try to be gracious in defeat. It really is hard for ust to take your money without smiling, so try to be consideraqte of that.

Object lesson #4 If you wanna go 2 out of 3 the bet Quadruples. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Good times overall.... Keep pushing the envelope guys!
FYI if you purchased a 1994-7 Ram with mechanical 12valve engine in it and threw 8K in mods at it, it would cost less than half of an SRT-10, get twice the fuel economy, pull a trailer with ease AND make you laugh like heck!!!
(torque makes most people giddy, and we got that in spades!)
Yep, when it comes to Cummins Diesels, nothing can beat them in torque specs. :D

#21 ·
hemidakota said:
Yep, when it comes to Cummins Diesels, nothing can beat them in torque specs. :D

I am definately not trying to sound like a smarty pants either (although i am sure it sounds that way) i am just Glad to see fellow racers pushiing the envelope to go faster (as long as we do not end up pushing our rides home that is!)

#22 ·
Nice! It's nice to see some real 1/4 mile times coming from the SRT-10.

#23 ·
Good time

9 Sec
Great pass. I did some quick figuring and you have 494-496 rwhp. The speed and et are are impressive for an ORCA. Keep up the great show.
Jack

#25 ·
Great time

A 12.7 is a great time for the heavy SRT10 - that was good driving - check out the reaction time!

The clutch must be a good one :D

I'm sure Dodge could knock 500lb off the SRT10 Ram if they got serious - it is built as heavy duty as a full working truck yet is not rated for towing. All a sports truck needs to tow is a small trailer boat or jet ski - can you imagine if they ever build a lightweight version?

These things are the best trucks to drive period!

as for the diesel race trucks - that's just sick

:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.