SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran 9 times marking low and high 13.9's then busting a 13.877 it was pretty consistant but the truck cant hook up we need to do something quick the car could be a 13 flat or high 12"s just if we had traction.ALso i was wondering if anyone has ran there truck the 1/4 mile and wat did u run? Also every lightning guy wouldnt get away from my truck it was like a new born baby to them....hahahahah.....Ford guys....

here are my numbers:

Reaction:--1.043
60 ft:------2.345
330 ft:-----6.o85
1/8 ET:-----9.130
1/8 MPH:----80.72
1/4:----------------13.877
1/4 MPH:-----------104.20

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yep get that 60' down and there is definatly room for improvement. Pretty good MPH for that time too...

·
Registered
5 Posts
theMole said:
I ran 9 times marking low and high 13.9's then busting a 13.877 it was pretty consistant but the truck cant hook up we need to do something quick the car could be a 13 flat or high 12"s just if we had traction.ALso i was wondering if anyone has ran there truck the 1/4 mile and wat did u run? Also every lightning guy wouldnt get away from my truck it was like a new born baby to them....hahahahah.....Ford guys....

here are my numbers:

Well I am a Ford guy.......but I am also a big fan of fast trucks. In the race scene it is common to kid each other about who's truck or car is faster. Most fellow racers i know tease each other non-stop, nobody takes it personal. There is really no need to show up at the track and lear at each other. Let's try to remember it is all suppose to be fun.

But in the end....we are all in to cars/trucks. Take it as a compliment when someone wants to check out your ride.

I have had a few Viper guys follow me to the pit to check out my Lightning...and I have followed a few fellows to the pits myself.....come on...fast is fast...I don't care what manufacturers name is plastered on the vehicle.

Rocks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
come on man dont be like that I wasnt being disrespectful i was just commenting on that because the lightning guys were all flustered when i pulled up i felt like the second coming...and your truck will probably smoke me but lets not lie were compareing apples to oranges when it comes to our trucks and when it comes to the kind of people who drive them so here why dont u go to this link youll find more newborns there www.urabarney.com

ps. to the first lightning response thank you for not taking that **** to heart

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
03LightningRocks said:
Well I am a Ford guy.......but I am also a big fan of fast trucks. In the race scene it is common to kid each other about who's truck or car is faster. Most fellow racers i know tease each other non-stop, nobody takes it personal. There is really no need to show up at the track and lear at each other. Let's try to remember it is all suppose to be fun.

But in the end....we are all in to cars/trucks. Take it as a compliment when someone wants to check out your ride.

I have had a few Viper guys follow me to the pit to check out my Lightning...and I have followed a few fellows to the pits myself.....come on...fast is fast...I don't care what manufacturers name is plastered on the vehicle.

Rocks
that is cool-well said.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
SNCBOOM said:
Yep get that 60' down and there is definatly room for improvement. Pretty good MPH for that time too...
would a little better reaction time help? not a drag racer so i am trying to learn. :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
theMole said:

here are my numbers:

better tires i bet would have to be worth a least 1/2 a sec. the stock do not hook up until halfway thru 2nd gear. we need a rim that will fit & take a good drag tire.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Mole, your MPH is Screaming for 12.9s. I know tires are a big problem, and not sure how much better you can do with little sidewall on the 22s, did you play with air pressure every couple rounds or just worked with launching ? I know with my L I've dropped tire pressure as low as 23lbs on the nittos depending on track cond. usualy around 27-25lbs. also not sure how well you're heating the tires
your sounding Damn consistant, keep working on those 60's It'll come around. all it takes is Practice, Practice, Practice

·
Registered
180 Posts
BOOMER said:
would a little better reaction time help? not a drag racer so i am trying to learn. :D
Hey BOOMER, used to think the same, but as I've been told reaction time won't change your ET, but it can make or break the who gets to the finish first.
reaction time is just the time from the light going green till your front tires leave the staging area, it's at that time the clock starts running.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
D Davis said:
Hey BOOMER, used to think the same, but as I've been told reaction time won't change your ET, but it can make or break the who gets to the finish first.
reaction time is just the time from the light going green till your front tires leave the staging area, it's at that time the clock starts running.
ah-ha! now i get it.that makes since. i come from roadracing background, so i am learning.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice numbers Mole....but one other thing you have to remember about CARLSBAD dragway....its got the worst traction on a track possible. Best thing to do is let a few of the guys on slicks lay some rubber down at the beginning of the day, and then head out.

When are you planning on heading out again? I'm in the process of getting an air intake done. See how much better that puts out on the track.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad to finally see some numbers popping up.
Your 60' time is what is hurting you bad.
I have heard for every tenth you take off your 60' you can 2 tenths in 1/4 mile time. On street tires I get a 2.12 60', but I don't have 525 ft lb of tqe,
and empty bed and a 6 speed either.

Those are some good numbers for your first attempt :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well thanks for the responses! I let about 10 psi from the tires and thats when i hit the 13.877. And yes it was 92 degrees down here in San Diego when I was running. I came with my friend that has a KB blower on his 01 L and other mods and he useually knocks out a 11.9's so everyone was running bad. Most of the lightning and cobra guys ran once or twice and then left they were saying it wasnt worth it cause of the conditions. It was my first time ever at a legall track event so i tried various methods of departure, I tried mashing it.... i stayed at the line for 3 seconds just spining having to let go of the gas then taking off again. I tried to load her up and shoot her out by rev it to 2500 rpm that wasnt having it. I talk to a guy with his viper coupe and he mentioned to start it in second then down shift back to first but on my first time there i wasnt going to **** with it, with only 1300 miles on the truck. So my conclusion is this...What I found to be the best for my conditions with no slicks and a bad track was to slip the clutch real quick allowing enough pressure on the gas to give her an initial jump where i didnt burn out, then ease off the pedal again eventually mashing the gas taking off...even to the 2 -3 shift those tires give out.. so im begging anyone to find out about some slicks so we can all launch these baby and go!

ps. No one else has raced yet and got a time? Intreped Im not going this weekend cause its a JBA Event where VW's and Imports only so ill be there probably the weekend after next you should roll and test out that intake. I just ordered my intake and headers and new cam heads from John Hennessey so he was telling me to be ready for about 70 -80 horsepower and about 60-90 torque so ill have that in about two months and ill take her to carlsbad and see whats the response...but first I got to go to swanson in La to get it on the dyno and tuned...You know of a tuner closer this guy useually does lightnings and M'3' so....thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ahhh...so you were the one with the BLOWZILLA buddy. Some of my Dakota Club guys were down there that same weekend and kept talking about the Lightning.

Anyhow, I might be down on April the 3rd. Some of my other friends might be going as well.

As for buying things from Hennesey, i'd be very cautious if I were you. There's a lot of bad history there.

Tuning - there's no need to get tunning done on the truck yet if you don't have anything done on it yet. I would wait to tune until after you get all your parts on. The SRT as of right now is putting out 432 HP at the rear wheels. THat seems to be the consistent number between people who have DYNO'd the truck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see the mention of slicks, be cautious of axle wrap. I would be pushing vendors to produce traction bars and slicks/wheels at the same time...

As for launching, I would practice on the street to find out your best launching technique, and to get a feel for what works and what doesn't.. Then when you get to a "well prepped" track you won't have traction issues if you launch the same as you did on the street. From there I would begin to get progressively more aggressive with your hole-shot..

The above may or may not work for you, but that is what I would do.. It worked for me...

Congrats on the 13's..

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
man i hope some of you guys can got to the v10 nats in bowling green. we could all hook up & help eachother figure some **** out on traction! :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
the srt-10 traction device is similar to the Gen 1 Lightning (exact thing)

TO get the Hemi to hook up , contact Summit or Jegs and buy a pair of $99 Lakewood slapper bars.
They took my lightning from a 2.3-2.2 60 foot time to a 1.8-1.9 60 foor time.
Every .1 in the first 60 feet equals about .2 in the quarter mile.

Go spend the $100 and really improve your times.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
My truck must be less powerful than most because traction has never been a problem. I just get it moving a little before hammering it. It's even better at a prep'd track than on the street.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BOOMER, what the other guy said was correct. r/t is just for heads up and bracket, not for overall et's.

i think the srt10's to be the most in need of sticky tires as i've seen on a truck. from the diagrams and visual inspection i don't find them to be well made for getting out of a dig. sorry, i realize most of y'all know this, but for those that don't, run out and get some 15x10.5 slicks asap. the truck as potential of course but not without concentrating on tires/suspension first and foremost! good luck with your quest in beating L's. i am a ford guy but like the other guy said, it's all just a bunch of cars, have fun, stay safe, and fear the fords! jk.

austin

1 - 20 of 31 Posts