SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am having a pair of 18X10" wheels made that will fit the rear of our trucks. This is a for sure. They will be approx 19-21 pounds a piece. They will have roll formed outers and billet centers. They will be a very good looking wheel. I will post pictures when the first pair is finished. They shoud be ready in about a week. I do not know the exact cost yet. They will be in the $400-$500 range per wheel. If anyone is interested get in touch with me and we mignt be able to get a little better price on a group buy. I have been working on geting an 18" wheel made that will fit over the stock rear calipers for over 2 months. I will be running Nitto 555R Drag radials, 305X45X18.
I will post more info and pics as things progress.
We are also working on getting a wheel with a matching center that will be smaller/skinnier/lighter for the fronts. It must accommodate a tire that will handle the weight of the truck safely. We do not know yet if this is posible in an 18". I am working on it with the Mfgr of the wheel. More info coming as it becomes available.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fstjack said:
I am having a pair of 18X10" wheels made that will fit the rear of our trucks. This is a for sure. They will be approx 19-20 pounds a piece. They will have roll formed outers and billet centers with tapered nickel lug nut inserts. They will be a very good looking wheel. I will post pictures when the first pair is finished. They shoud be ready in about a week. I do not know the exact cost yet. They will be in the $400-$500 range per wheel. If anyone is interested get in touch with me and we mignt be able to get a little better price on a group buy. I have been working on geting an 18" wheel made that will fit over the stock rear calipers for over 2 months. I will be running Nitto 555R Drag radials, 305X45X18.
I will post more info and pics as things progress.
We are also working on getting a wheel with a matching center that will be smaller/skinnier/lighter for the fronts. It must accommodate a tire that will handle the weight of the truck safely. We do not know yet if this is posible in an 18". I am working on it with the Mfgr of the wheel. More info coming as it becomes available.
The rear wheels will take longer than expected as a stouter material was reordered for the billet center. They will be done about Sept. 1st. This was done so this wheel can be street driven as well, not just drag race only. We are working on a matching front wheel in 18X8" for the fronts. This would use a 255X55X18 tire. Pirelli makes this size in a Scorpion, as well as Michelin, and many others. This will not be a true skinnie but will reduce the weight of the front tire/wheel assembly. I will post more as it is known.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked with wheel builder today and I was way high on what wheels are going to cost they will be in the $300.00 range. It is still going to be another 2 weeks (Sept 14th) before they are built as the Mfg is very backed up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wheels

Jack, Keep up the good work on the fitment of wheels to the SRT-10s I think this is what these trucks need to be more competitive at the drags.Larry

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Later

I went down and talked to the wheel builder today. And he said they would be ready by Wednesday of next week 9-29-2004. I will believe it when I see it. I have a pair of Nitto drag radials waiting at my local tire store. We are going to mount and heat cycle the tires. I will post pics as soon as I get wheel and confirm fit with tire. The truck will be at WestCoast Viper getting prepped for the supercharger so I cannot give any practical results on the track.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
News

Well there is more news and it is not what I wanted to post about the wheels being done. The wheel is to be a 18" by 10" spun forged outer with a billet machined center. The outers are done and have been so for about 2 months. One of the billet milled centers is done and ready to be polished, it is very beautiful. On the last cutout on the second billet wheel center the part jumped when the mill chattered shifting the part and breaking the mill. That part is scrap. Due to the nature of the center the material had to be special ordered. So more special order time & wait. I did get to weigh all the wheel pieces together, and they will be 24 pounds per wheel when done. They will be strong enough to be driven on the street. That is why the extra 3 pounds over a straight drag wheel. The set up to get the centers to that point was very time comsuming as the configuration is not commom. That does not matter much to me at this point as I have no motor in my truck. The truck is setting on an aluminum Featherlite trailer at my house. The engine is at the engine builders shop getting a couple of mods. It just seems that everything we try to get done on or for our trucks is just a pain in the A$$. I will try to get a picture next week of the center setting in the rim so everyone can get an idea of how gorgeous this wheel will be. Also we will be able to get an 18" drag radial tire on our trucks. That will be all we can do untill we change out the rear brakes to get a 15" rim and wrinkle wall slick on. I think that the 18" Nitto drag radial will make a huge difference in the 60' times............Jack

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jack,
Where are the rims? Are they still backed-up? Has the 'original' been fitted to make sure they clear the rear brakes? Picts yet?
Thanks,
Taylor

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SCVette said:
Jack,
Where are the rims? Are they still backed-up? Has the 'original' been fitted to make sure they clear the rear brakes? Picts yet?
Thanks,
Taylor
Sorry guys I have been sick with bronchitis and sinusitis since I got back from the 10 fishing trip. I am so far behind on everything it's pathetic. I think I am the one that is pathetic...LOL.
I have a friend coming over tomorrow and he is going to help me trial fit the wheel. I will take some pics and have my daughter help me get them up if the wheel fits. I got all new ty downs for my trailer and need to set them up also. The truck is coming along, slowly. Hope I have good newe for all of us about the wheel tomorrow..............Jack

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got pictures

Here are the pictures of the 18X10 Custom Bogart Wheels with 305x45x18 Nitto Radial drag slick. The tire is 28.78" tall and 10.5" contract width. This wheel and tire combination will bolt on the SRT-10 stock...........Jack

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll work on this.

Sorry guys, I will work on this and try again...........Jack

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Looks like you got it Jack. I am shipping one of my rear rotors to Coleman racing. They tell me that they make 13" rotors that fit under 15" wheels for circle track cars. The E-brake in the center is the only unknown. 2-3 weeks and I should have something.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brakes

Steve, Please keep me informed on the brakes, as we will need to get 15's on also.......Thanks Jack

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You've got it Jack. There are some nice drag radials in the 15" range too for those who want to keep radials up front. (like me) By that I'm refering to the "don't mix radials and bias tires" rule. Lots of guys do it but lots of guys have had the crap scared out of them from doing it too.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some pics of the headers. They are equal length, stepped, coated inside and out, with merged collectors. The rest of the exhaust is just as nice with two 3" Magnaflow hi flow cats, Magnaflow pipes and a Bassani 1 of stainless muffler with an X crossover inside the muffler. The whole system uses six 3" stainless V-band clamps. This exhaust made 44 more RWHP on the same dyno (WestCoast Viper), with no other changes or tuning. 406 RWHP before 450 RWHP after exhaust. It is a pity that I cannot use any of this exhaust with what we are doing to the truck. But speed costs money and I want to go real fast and quick. I might sell the exhaust but do not know at this time. It worked so well I hate to give it up........Jack

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
fstjack said:
Here are some pics of the headers. They are equal length, stepped, coated inside and out, with merged collectors. The rest of the exhaust is just as nice with two 3" Magnaflow hi flow cats, Magnaflow pipes and a Bassani 1 of stainless muffler with an X crossover inside the muffler. The whole system uses six 3" stainless V-band clamps. This exhaust made 44 more RWHP on the same dyno (WestCoast Viper), with no other changes or tuning. 406 RWHP before 450 RWHP after exhaust. It is a pity that I cannot use any of this exhaust with what we are doing to the truck. But speed costs money and I want to go real fast and quick. I might sell the exhaust but do not know at this time. It worked so well I hate to give it up........Jack

Jack, the pics wont open. so you say you got 18"'s on the rear, and up front. please post pics & all details, as i would really like to do this. can you also post pics of truck with those wheels? thanks bro :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts