SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. If you don't get the rear window defroster does the rear window slide open?

2. The Dodge website shows an "Under-Rail Box Bedliner" as a $245 option. What exactly is this, is it worth having, and how does it look?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Kevin

P.S. Anyone want to buy a 1-owner Mustang (see signature)?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
kb91notch347 said:
2. The Dodge website shows an "Under-Rail Box Bedliner" as a $245 option. What exactly is this, is it worth having, and how does it look?

Thanks for helping out a newbie!

Kevin
I have to assume this is the same as what we have in the RC's. Just a normal Dodge bedliner that is under the side bed rails. If you plan on using the truck to haul stuff, you may want to consider it. While some prefer a BedRug, mine came with the bedliner and I'm glad it did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hamrhead said:
I have to assume this is the same as what we have in the RC's. Just a normal Dodge bedliner that is under the side bed rails. If you plan on using the truck to haul stuff, you may want to consider it. While some prefer a BedRug, mine came with the bedliner and I'm glad it did.
Thanks! Do you have any pictures of the bedliner?

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
kb91notch347 said:
Nothing worth posting. Just side shots of the truck where you can see bits and pieces of it.

My truck is covered up for now, but if you really need to see it, I'll get them for you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For bedliner photos go into Ebay...enter Dodge ram SRT10 and look up some of the SRT's for sale. Most have tons of photos taken by the various dealerships.

I like the factory option bedliner because it has the "RAM head" molded into the bedliner just below the rear slide window...other bedliner do not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My 05' QC has the rear window de-fogger and does not have a sliding window.

The bed liner is your typical cheap version, functional but unattractive. It doesn't roll up and over the top lip of the box. I'm taking mine in later in the month for a hard top tonneau cover and a bonded liner.

Ernie...

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
kb91notch347 said:

Here is a pic from a 05 RC......

Doesnt show the whole thing but you get the picture....I am happy with it so far...

Bed net not included at purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
badgerhockey said:
For bedliner photos go into Ebay...enter Dodge ram SRT10 and look up some of the SRT's for sale. Most have tons of photos taken by the various dealerships.

I like the factory option bedliner because it has the "RAM head" molded into the bedliner just below the rear slide window...other bedliner do not.
Duh, can't believe I didn't think of that! I have 12 QC SRT-10s saved on My eBay and never thought of that. Appears to be a pretty solid bedliner.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Get the bedliner unless you want a show vehicle, it is worth it!

Don't worry about the paint being worn away underneath, you do not see it and if you were worried about it 5 years from now, you could remove the bedline and get a spray in liner installed.

Site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sitedrifter said:
Get the bedliner unless you want a show vehicle, it is worth it!

Don't worry about the paint being worn away underneath, you do not see it and if you were worried about it 5 years from now, you could remove the bedline and get a spray in liner installed.

Site.
Good advice. Then I can trade it in for an SRT-12!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bedliners came in as a no charge on many of the Reg. Cabs, but they are being added to the bottom line on the Quad Cabs -- probably an oversight at the factory. Some guys are taking them out and selling them to friends with Rams ( good deal for both ), and we have done a couple of spray in bedliners. To each his own, but with this quality of truck, and the resale potential, I would definitely do something to protect the bed, i.e. the following:
1. Never use da bed ever !!!
2. Leave the liner in it.
3. Do a spray in liner, like Line-X.

Not saying using the bed is forbidden, but my gut belief is a scratched bed will impact this vehicle alot more than other haulers.

Respectfully,
Bill Pemberton

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
My truck came with the bed liner, but i prefer the Bedrug it looks much nicer IMO.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i am going to pick up my qc any day now. to those who have done the spray in liner... how did they work around the wing? spray the bed with it on there or take the wing off so if you are hauling stuff there won't be any exposed paint? My thought is will the wing still fit with the thin layer of spray on between it and the rail. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts