SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Consideration

Since I took delivery of my new Hemi Ram 1500, and after watching for several months for the SRT to be delivered, I'm wondering now, what it would take to get my 1500 to "sit" like the SRT.

i.e., would not the front springs and shocks interchange with the front end of my truck? And, if a guy could find the part numbers for the rear springs and acc., along with the shocks, could I not drop the truck accordingly, and obtain the same stance as the SRT?

I've calculated the tire size of the Hemi, at 32.9", the tire size of the SRT at 31.6".

Think about how that taller tire would look with the 2.5 inch drop in the rear....nice I should think.

Most of the drop kits I see on the market are just too drastic for the type of driving I want to do with this 1500. Tire clearance, and ride quality would also suffer to some extent, from the information I've picked up on the Ram and Truck forums. Ground Force, Eiback, and Hotchkis all suggest a 2 or (2.5) x 4 inch drop, which would appear to be pretty drastic with the 32.9" tires.

Anyone have any ideas on this suggestion? And, I would certainly think, the Dodge parts could be had for the asking prices of most quality drop kits.

Bob

·
Registered
180 Posts
Maybe I'm all wet But, didn't they switch the rear axle from under the leafs to over the leafs to get a lower rear stance on the SRT?
If so, your better off going with the aftermarket route, IMO

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Over to under plus a spring change for the SRT. I think if you just do the over to under you get the 4" drop that was mentioned.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Navigate, I plan on doing the same thing. I think the Hotchkis "tvs" kit would be the best way to go. It drops it 2"-4" but increases handling immensly. I plan on getting it for my hemi ram. I know many members on dodgetalk.com have it and say its pretty hardcore for handling. I dont think anyone has had any clearance issues with that drop, even with 24's.

·
Registered
599 Posts
if you do drop the front, get a heim kit for added safety

1 - 7 of 7 Posts