SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I work in the skilled trades department at one of the DaimlerChrysler assembly plants which builds Dodge Ram trucks (no SRT's built at this plant unfortunately) and own a 2004 Ram SRT-10. One of the people who also works here (also an SRT-10 owner) has been in contact by interplant email with someone in the PVO group. He recently asked the same question we've all been wondering about, how many SRT-10 Rams were built in 2004? He gave an unofficial off the top of his head figure of only 1368 total for 2004. He said that problems such as V-10 availability, the cam sprocket bolt problem, and other minor problems associated with the start up of a new model all contributed to fewer SRT-10 Rams being built than planned. While this figure may not be 100% accurate, it is from a very reliable source and I'm sure that it is very, very close. So all of us with 2004 SRT-10's have a very rare truck indeed! Sorry I don't have any further breakdown of the figures as far as colors or options are concerned, but if I do hear any more I'll be sure to pass it on.

·
Registered
329 Posts
That's awesome news! Thanks man! Keep us posted if anything becomes definate.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not even close on the numbers... your number is shy by over half... as you all know, Dodge officials will not release the exact production numbers at this time, but the guys at SRT are working on that... stay tuned for more info... ;)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
toohighpsi said:
Not even close on the numbers... your number is shy by over half... as you all know, Dodge officials will not release the exact production numbers at this time, but the guys at SRT are working on that... stay tuned for more info... ;)
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Rbuzz's numbers. Some things to consider. Wheel's (RIMS) just became available 2 weeks ago in limited supply. According to the manufacturer they produced approx 9600 RIMS. so that is around 2400 4 wheel vehicles. Assuming the VIPER cars use the same rims, that isn't a whole lot of vehicles, unless the SRT/10's for 04 came with an option for a different set of wheels.

Craig

·
Registered
329 Posts
toohighpsi said:
OK toohigh... you seem to have a boat load of information about our trucks... so how do you know so much? I...AM...NOT doubting you in the least bit, I just want a little background.

The last couple threads I've read with your posts were some big time teasers... good info, just kind of left me hangin'.

So what gives?

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
I Think There's More Out There Than People Think, I'm In Asheville And I've Got 2 My Dad Has 1 And I Know Another Guy That Has 1 More Thats4 Within 30 Miles Of Each Other

1 - 11 of 11 Posts