SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone manage to get one below invoice new? I suppose getting it at invoice is a fair price.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Invoice + $100 last week. When I went to a competing dealership they told me they were getting MSRP.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Just paid $42,500 Black srt QC couple weeks ago, 6 disc, no side curtains.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stinker, how much was invoice price? Seems like you got a very good deal.

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Sorry about that my dislexia is setting in again, sticker was $51 and some change invoice was $45,200, We paid $45,200.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recieved mine $1000 below invoice... I guess that is also because I'm a salesman at a local Dodge dealership. And I love my Ram SRT10

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you got a smoking deal, it is often best to keep to yourself. Posting for everyone to see, has proven on many other boards, as a detriment to strong resale, and in fact devalues the property you just purchased at a pretty penny no matter how you look at it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Accidentally dropped a "00" - that was $10,000 over invoice.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Familytruckster said:
Accidentally dropped a "00" - that was $10,000 over invoice.
It doesnt take Familytruckster long to catch on. And i thought everyone from n miami beach were slow learners :D

Tony
Hallandale High edgeamakated :eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
If you got a smoking deal, it is often best to keep to yourself. Posting for everyone to see, has proven on many other boards, as a detriment to strong resale, and in fact devalues the property you just purchased at a pretty penny no matter how you look at it.
I don;t see how people telling there sale price is going to change the resale. We are not selling to other people, we just do not wnt to pay what the dealers want on them, espcially knowing that there is room to give.. Dealers have there own say so on what they are going to give on trade, and usually no more. I would give it 6 to 8 months and the price will drop again...JUst look at the price on the regular cab...........

·
Registered
249 Posts
Pretty, simple, your deal is publicized for all the world to see, and then when you bring the vehicle back in to trade , or you want to sell to your buddy he already knows how little you paid. Human nature is such that your friend or many Dealers will base off what you paid - they want a deal too. It has been shown that constant discussions of how cheap something ( not just vehicles ) can be bought lessens the percieved value and makes one wonder why they should buy something at all. Common sense , if you were selling your house, you wouldn't tell everyone what you bought it for , if you could make a good profit. Why would you want something else you spend alot of money on to depreciate faster since everyone knows what you paid, or you are touting it can be bought super cheap.

Perfect example was a gentleman who complained about an issue for one year plus on his Viper. When he wanted to sell it and no one was interested, he asked me for a trade in value and I was way under what he wanted, but more than anyone else had given him. The moral is simple, everyone knew about his issues, and though actually minor, we all knew all about them, and no one was interested in his vehicle. The more we discuss the low prices we paid , the more we cause our own loss of value. Sure it is incorrect for Dealers to overcharge, but with niche market vehicles , and those of us that love them, if the Dealer doesn't make a profit, he stops ordering, and the vehicle slowly goes away. If you get a good deal your best bet is to send your friends there, but to blast upon an open forum just leads to your own depreciation. I , for one, want to see the trade ins stay high, as this makes it easier for the consumer to purchase his/her next vehicle. Most successful Dealerships in the semi-exotic/exotic market actually look towards long term relationships, and keeping demand strong is important for both parties. Is this selfish on my part, sure, as strong resale really does make one purchase more often. Things will pick up in Spring quite a bit, and they may not be as many available by then also,so go out and grab a deal on a new truck, just remember discretion is important for you also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts