SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has modified the stock stereo. I think it sounds great very loud. It is extremely clear at max volume of 38 but I find myself listening to it at that volume much of time wishing I could get it just a little louder. I am a little hesistant to change the whole system because it sounds so good. Maybe I am the one with the problem (hearing). Any others agree or do I need to get my hearing checked. Andy

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What!!!!!!!!!

Familytruckster said:
I was wondering if anybody has modified the stock stereo. I think it sounds great very loud. It is extremely clear at max volume of 38 but I find myself listening to it at that volume much of time wishing I could get it just a little louder. I am a little hesistant to change the whole system because it sounds so good. Maybe I am the one with the problem (hearing). Any others agree or do I need to get my hearing checked. Andy
That is exactly how I listened to mine much of the time and exactly how I felt about it. DITTO, DITTO, DITTO.............Jack

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Familytruckster said:

HEY ANDY CAN YOU HEAR ME? Ahhh, your hearing is fine!!! I have never had mine up above 2/3. Thats plenty for me! :confused:

·
Registered
140 Posts
The system is pretty good stock but I am considering upgrading the speakers.
My jeep has the "Infinity Gold" whereas the SRT just has the "Infinity".

The SRT does definatly go louder but I think the Jeep has a cleaner, better sounding system.
Most of the time in the SRT I just listen to that sweet rumble of the V10 anyway. ;)

KB

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What? What?
I appreciate the input from everyone. John Hennessey sent the cold air and Magnaflow exhaust to my dealer so in couple of weeks the stereo will be a non-issue. I must have put 500 miles on the truck in 3 days giving rides to all those at work that wanted to feel the ride. I have learned one thing that most of you probably know- there are two kinds of people in this world (and in South Carolina in particular) - those that shake their head when thy find out you dropped $50k in a truck that you can't take hunting off-road and those that look like they they would leave their wives at night to go to sleep in the thing. IMHO. Andy

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Familytruckster said:
What? What?
I appreciate the input from everyone. John Hennessey sent the cold air and Magnaflow exhaust to my dealer so in couple of weeks the stereo will be a non-issue. I must have put 500 miles on the truck in 3 days giving rides to all those at work that wanted to feel the ride. I have learned one thing that most of you probably know- there are two kinds of people in this world (and in South Carolina in particular) - those that shake their head when thy find out you dropped $50k in a truck that you can't take hunting off-road and those that look like they they would leave their wives at night to go to sleep in the thing. IMHO. Andy

******** , What do they know, LOL :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. I grew up in Miami and have lived here six years. The first duck hunt I was invited on I brought my police magnum sawed off 12 gauge from under my bed. If anyone knows anything about hunting you know what an idiot I looked like. :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
LMAO, The ducks were safe that day!!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts