SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you guys with a 2005 RC, post what your RPM's are at 75 MPH, in 6th Gear.

Also for you QC fellers what is your RPM at 75 in OD?

Thanks

Marc T

·
Registered
264 Posts
well mine is about 1500 rpm. it is almost impossible to hold it under 80 in sixth without luggin it.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ylw-Fvr said:
well mine is about 1500 rpm. it is almost impossible to hold it under 80 in sixth without luggin it.
I have installed 4:56 gears in my truck and it runs at 1750 RPM at 75 MPH in 6th gear and runs as smooth as silk. Registering around 16-18 MPG. I am just trying to compare if aftermarket and stock makes any difference? You would think they would be the same.

·
Registered
17,270 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Marc T said:
I have installed 4:56 gears in my truck and it runs at 1750 RPM at 75 MPH in 6th gear and runs as smooth as silk. Registering around 16-18 MPG. I am just trying to compare if aftermarket and stock makes any difference? You would think they would be the same.

Well my truck has 456 gears from factory and has never gotten anymore than 13 mpg overall and it has never exceeded 15 mpg on the hwy ( gas hog ). The window sticker said 9 to 15 and it was about right . The funniest thing though is that it is so fun to drive that the gas mileage doesn't seem to matter. :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ylw-Fvr said:
Well my truck has 456 gears from factory and has never gotten anymore than 13 mpg overall and it has never exceeded 15 mpg on the hwy ( gas hog ). The window sticker said 9 to 15 and it was about right . The funniest thing though is that it is so fun to drive that the gas mileage doesn't seem to matter. :D
As for the MPG I am just goin by the computer in the truck, which is just a questimate. On average around town its showing 9.

Am I missing something here or does this look strange. The Rpms should be higher at a given MPH for 4:56's in the same gear. Looks like your numbers are more in line with ROKTMANS who we know has 4:10's.

Is there actually 4:10 stamped on the your diff or are you just goin by what the paper says??

Maybe the tranny gearing is different??

Just curious?? :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Marc T said:
As for the MPG I am just goin by the computer in the truck, which is just a questimate. On average around town its showing 9.

Am I missing something here or does this look strange. The Rpms should be higher at a given MPH for 4:56's in the same gear. Looks like your numbers are more in line with ROKTMANS who we know has 4:10's.

Is there actually 4:10 stamped on the your diff or are you just goin by what the paper says??

Marc T,

So how is it?? Whats the SOTP verdict? :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Marc T said:

I am going by the paperwork on the truck so I dunno it says it has 456 ratio . I thought all 05's had 456 ratio. sitedrifters numbers are pretty much the same as mine. Of course we know these yellow ones cut thru the air with such ease ! :cool:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Yup, The lighter colors are faster *LOL* :D

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUICKSILVER said:
There was a thread here about the gears in our
truck's. It was said then that the differance between 4.10 and 4.56 is minimal.

:cool:
Quick;-)
Minimal is right, but worth at least 200-300 RPMS.

I think 9 Seconds may be able to calculate out the difference??

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
OK here it is as verified on the way to the dealer for the SRT's first service:

75MPH in 6th = 1700 RPMs

80MPH in 6th = 1770 RPMs

Site :cool:

·
Registered
264 Posts
marc i think you were right i checked it close today and the numbers were what you said around 1750 rpm @ 75mph . :p

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, Thats right in line with my numbers. Can one of you QC guys check to see what your RPM's are at 75 MPH. Just curious!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts