SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much does a stock SRT 10 Quad Cab produce to the rear wheel. I know that the engine is a 500hp engine but what i'm trying to figure out is how much horse power is lost to the drive train. I don't have a dyno shop any where close to where I'm located.

I just raced my wife a couple of days ago and she mopped the floor with me in a 07 Nissan Altima V6 stick shift. She has a V6 I have a V10 the race shouldn't have even been close. My truck is an automatic but I just don't understand how she smoked me that bad on the highway. The race wasn't even close. My truck has very low miles so it's in excellent running condition but so is her car.

But that brings me back to the question how much RWHP does a quad cab make. dunno:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey sorry to hear you got mopped period but by your wife that does suck.:booty: just kidding, anyway the fact that you have a 505 hp engine does'nt really matter you are probably 1.5 times her in weight(the car I mean). So V4, 46, v8 v10 dont matter much its a hp to weight ratio. You can always take what your engine makes and in our case 505 stock and multiply that by 20% and minus that number from the 505 and that give you a pretty good idea of what you are putting to the ground 505 x 20%=101. 505-101=404 to the ground. This is called drivleine loss app. 20% Hope this helps. Kevin:wavey:

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Mine was at 401 RWHP 432 RWTQ

Keep in mind the altima weighs what....3500 lbs

Your truck weighs closer to 6000 lbs

Off the line that little altima will have you at a big disadvantage, but in the 1/4, a different story

·
Registered
155 Posts
Dang dude we posted at the exact same time! Look at our replies!! Great Minds think alike!:fing02: Kevin

Mine was at 401 RWHP 432 RWTQ

Keep in mind the altima weighs what....3500 lbs

Your truck weighs closer to 6000 lbs

Off the line that little altima will have you at a big disadvantage, but in the 1/4, a different story

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
20% is about the norm....

and fyi, if i'm not mistaken, that altima is basically a 4dr 350z and that's what with the vq motor...290hp?......especially with the stick...and i doubt it's even 3500 lbs. maybe closer to 3200....

get an sct tuner and an exhaust, and you will be singing a very different tune...

·
Registered
17,270 Posts
tobb14,welcome to the RBC.

Yep,2000 pounds difference and a FULL 2 seconds in the quarter.:wow:

Get your PCM flashed and some other go faSSt mods so you don`t get owned by your wife!:crying:

·
Registered
731 Posts
According to Carand Driver, the SE puts out 270hp and weighs 3357lbs. It runs from 0-60 in 5.9, and covers the 1/4 mile in 14.6 seconds. You should be able to pull that car in most cases. I have seen a stock QC run 13.8 in 80+ weather.

Just make sure you are not trying to run at 45mph. In my opinion, that is the weak spot for the QC, as it will be stuck in second gear at a fairly low rpm.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
sup, ron?:D

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
Welcome Tobb.... Glad to have you here.... Great bunch of guys, you should consider making this your home for information on the trucks.... :)

Ok my 2 cents worth.... You will loose anywhere between 80-110 HP through the through the RE-48 Auto Tranny (as a rule). Some loose more some less, it basically is a "Roll of the Dice" on how the engine and tranny mate up... I know that sounds stupid but it does seem to be the truth.

The First thing to do is to let the engine "Breath" better. In that area the Best and Cheepest thing to do is to install a K&N "Drop In" air filter. Dump the paper Air Filter, This will allow MORE air in with less restrictions.

Next depends on your wallett... You can go for a Cat-Back or a performance tune. The Cat-Back can run from $600 to $1000 and the SCT performance tune cost around $500 to $700 depending on where you get it.

The Tune will give you the better performane of the two. It changes shift points and removes the Torque Management in the tranny and gives you that "Suck your Eyeballs to the Back of your Head" feeling.... :)

Just remember that yes you are giveing away over a Ton (2000 Lbs) of weight and you also have the Aerodynamics of a "Flat Sheet of Plywood" pushing the air.... :)

On a "Roll Off" try hitting is at around 35mph.. Search around for the MPH speed that your truck will like the best, some slower and some a little faster.. Like noted above the 45mph mark is not good for my truck. 37-38 is where my sweet spot is and then again about 52mph. You just have to search around for yours...

In the 1/4 mile there should be no contest between the two, you should clean her clock every time. You just need to learn your truck and work with it..... :)

BTW: Your engine is 505 cubic inches in size and 500 HP at the Flywheel....

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
you got an xbox?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tight Ride

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I told myself this is suppose to be one of the fastest pickup trucks in the world. Got it now it's a weight issue. I kinda figured that but you know my friends and wife were laughing there ass off.

:fing02:

Got the house to myself tonight, so I'm sitting back, watching tv, and catching up on posts that I've missed.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
I told myself this is suppose to be one of the fastest pickup trucks in the world. :fing02:
well...that statement is still true...stock for stock as far as trucks go...it is....don't be discouraged...just go spend about $500 on an sct tuner, and about $500 on an exhaust, put in a drop in KN filter in the factory lid, and we won't be having this conversation ever again;)

then it might just be faster than an RC, too;)

·
VIPEROLIGIST
13,629 Posts
Just toss 500 lbs of sand in the trunk of her car and then give her a head start

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
bwhahaahaha....or that:D

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
or tie a rope to the hitch on yours and to the frame of the altima....and see what happens;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
well...that statement is still true...stock for stock as far as trucks go...it is....don't be discouraged...just go spend about $500 on an sct tuner, and about $500 on an exhaust, put in a drop in KN filter in the factory lid, and we won't be having this conversation ever again;)

then it might just be faster than an RC, too;)
Whatever would give you that idea?;)

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I told myself this is suppose to be one of the fastest pickup trucks in the world. Got it now it's a weight issue. I kinda figured that but you know my friends and wife were laughing there ass off.

:fing02:
First off, welcome. As Chief said earlier, pay attention to these guys and you'll learn alot. Now for the rough part. No way in hell would I admit that my wife whooped me in a race. And if I did, I would not use the term "mopped the floor with me". These guys are being easy on you. Learn how to drive the damn truck!! :) I have first hand experience driving G35's and G37's everyday. Ain't no way a stock Nissan VQ can mop the floor with a stock 10. Quite the contrary. Stock, I man handled G35 and 37 coupes. And with the simple mods I "mopped the floor with them".
Speaking of G37 coupe.........this was with exhaust and a generic tune:

Bottom line practice taking off. The key with the QC's is not to mash the gas. Ease into the throttle for about the first 20 feet and the mash the gas. Now go redeem yourself and call out your wife for a rematch.:D

·
Registered
731 Posts
you got an xbox?
Nope. I went crazy 4 years ago with a PS2 on the Gran Tourismo game. For about 2 weeks, every day after work, I was playing. On about the third week, I got tired of it and sold everything. With two daughters, we are just so busy, so I don't have much free time. It's difficult enough just getting on line and reading truck threads.

·
Registered
731 Posts
First off, welcome. As Chief said earlier, pay attention to these guys and you'll learn alot. Now for the rough part. No way in hell would I admit that my wife whooped me in a race. And if I did, I would not use the term "mopped the floor with me". These guys are being easy on you. Learn how to drive the damn truck!! :) I have first hand experience driving G35's and G37's everyday. Ain't no way a stock Nissan VQ can mop the floor with a stock 10. Quite the contrary. Stock, I man handled G35 and 37 coupes. And with the simple mods I "mopped the floor with them".
Speaking of G37 coupe.........this was with exhaust and a generic tune:

Bottom line practice taking off. The key with the QC's is not to mash the gas. Ease into the throttle for about the first 20 feet and the mash the gas. Now go redeem yourself and call out your wife for a rematch.:D
That's more "true to life"!:fing02:

Again, be careful of the 45mph mark. At that speed, if you go full throttle, the truck will not shift down into first. So at such a low rpm, you are trying to pull 5600lbs with a much taller gear than what you would if you were starting from a dead stop. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts