SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any word about a 2005 SRT-10? Changes? I am about to place an order (or just pick up a 2004) There seem to be quite a few around at less than MSRP.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I don't know ANYTHING about them but if you want an auto or maybe an extended cab, I would wait. I heard that the plant was closed to visitors recently. Maybe making some of the new stuff. Why would you close the plant if there wasn't anything new?

Steve

PS. The plant also makes 3/4 and 1 ton trucks. Could be something new there but I doubt it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yea the Quad should be out in the near future, also DCX is producing a "Mega Ram" or "Mega Cab Ram". Won't have the viper engine, but it's going to be about as big as an avalanche! "move bxtch, get out the way, get out the way bxtch........" hehe

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Stingray said:
When I looked at that post on the other forum, I knew I had seen it somewhere before. It didn't get much action here. I guess because most here already have them if they were wanting one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea what auto was used in the pace car? It might be reasonable to assume the auto may be available on the 05 2dr as well as the QC

·
Registered
829 Posts
9 seconds said:
When I looked at that post on the other forum, I knew I had seen it somewhere before. It didn't get much action here. I guess because most here already have them if they were wanting one.
Good point. I just hate creating reposts :eek:

DeerValley said:
It might be reasonable to assume the auto may be available on the 05 2dr as well as the QC
If there is going to be an auto I wonder if it would be a trans from a Benz - an auto 5 or 6 speed?

David

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Stingray said:
If there is going to be an auto I wonder if it would be a trans from a Benz - an auto 5 or 6 speed?
My guess is the auto from the Cummins trucks. I read a post here that said the 2 pace trucks had this auto trans.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Heard the same as 9 Seconds that the auto was the Turbo Diesel one, and that makes sense -though I imagine some reconfiguration had to occur. The interesting note is that this is all gone from Dial now - 2005s do not pull up. This happened once in 01 and a special edition Viper disappeared. It will be interesting when it pops back up and we find out exactly what we can order. The auto rumor keeps popping up, but one can only wait and see.

·
Registered
189 Posts
9 seconds said:
My guess is the auto from the Cummins trucks. I read a post here that said the 2 pace trucks had this auto trans.
the 48RE is the only auto that could hold up to that amount of power

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe the auto in the RAM SRT pace trucks is the same one they will be using in the automatic SRTs. Limited details were available back in February when I last checked, but I believe it is a totally new transmission. It IS going to be available this fall

·
Banned
901 Posts
Quad Cab Ram Viper

Just got off the phone with a really cool dealer. He looked up the 2005 SRT 10 Viper trucks. They do have a quad cab version...# DR1S41...as listed on an earlier thread. Also available with the 4 speed 48RE HD auto transmission.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I have a feeling that if Dodge puts a Auto in the SRT-10 there will be significant loss of power through Torque management programming.

Just like with the Hemi. We all know of the problems that aftermarket tuners are having trying to crack the codes for a Hemi programmer.

I'll bet they will program the SRT-10 auto in the same manner.

However the Hemis were built as work trucks,not for performance, so who knows.

Just my two cents!!

·
Banned
901 Posts
Would not be suprised either... wish they had the switch...like the vett. Torque management on/off. The hemi is great, but as you all know the PCM and torque management really make the truck a "slug". Kind of depressing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, and its seems that with each model they make with a hemi motor it comes with some torque/traction control. Like with the new chysler 300c, even if you turn traction control off, it is still on.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
earl lee said:
Yeah, and its seems that with each model they make with a hemi motor it comes with some torque/traction control. Like with the new chysler 300c, even if you turn traction control off, it is still on.
Yes, but with ESP disabled, the car is fun as hell to drive. The NAV system rocks, and the car is totally PIMP IMNSHO. Even if you red line in autostick mode, it'll shift for you.

ESP off, AutoStick in 1st, Floor it, do nothing, it'll shift at < 100rpm before red each time, it'll definately smoke the tires in 1st and 2nd.

Craig

1 - 20 of 24 Posts