SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 235 Posts
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEDNESDAY THE 2ND THRU SUNDAY THE 6TH

BRING IN THE NEW YEAR RIGHT

ALLWAYS A GOOD TIME IN PANAMA AN WHAT HAPPENS IN PANAMA NEVER EVER STAYS IN PANAMA

we dont have the full schedule down as YET.

BUTreservations can be had here

and its best to get buddied up to get better rate per condo, as they all have separate bedrooms

http://www.moonspinner.com/index.html

there will be a cookout

there will be racing here

http://www.emeraldcoastdragway.com/

things will progress as we get closer

ALL MAKES AND MODELS AND MANUFACUTERES ARE ALLOWED
THIS DATE WILL "NOT" CHANGE

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY PANAMA GTG THIS YEAR

For those that dont know of the Panama city florida GTG

well its become legendary:fing02:

Normally between 30-40 folks attend

Now a little explanation for those wondering what to expect

This is really not a GTG about the trucks, anyone can attend although it is held by JTSVP, all makes and models are allowed to attend.

but basically it is a GTG tomeet friends, hang out, and ahve a ton of fun, and honestly some drinkin does come in to play:bad:

but we basically kick off the new year, have a huge party , enjoy time on the beach, we do a little track racing, and have a cookout and jsut party on the beach till 3-4 in the morning.

if you have questions, dotn hesitate to ask

most folks buddy up , and if you need one let me knwo, but most folks buddy up on the rooms, they are condos with separate bedrooms a kitchen, full living room. and end up being around the $60-$80 a night per couple

this is not really a GTG for children , although many have come and all are very respectible around the yunguns.

I tolerate no fighting, no arguing, getting out of hand, so on, no drinking and driving, nothing that will get you hurt or in trouble.
some folks have calledd the the sherif of pcb:trink26:

warning~ nudity is a possiblity:booty:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Can you gaurantee me that someone will get naked? :D Seriously folks. If you haven't been to one, you owe it to yourself to do Panama at least once.

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hasnt missed a year yet!:bad:

every year there is at least one good story that comes out:wiggle:

I wasnt sure where to put this but I am sure the mods will know wehre it goes and if it needs to be moved they will:fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Sounds like more fun than heading north to Ohio in July for a weekend. We seriously may go here instead, if others are going. The June schedule for work gets put together in one month, so will have to decide by then. Just talked to the "Poster Bride", she would much rather go to Panama City, FL, than to Ohio for our two week vacation. Would still bring the RV, and tow the truck on a trailer. Understand not for kids, but my kids would be coming. Amelie is very easy going, Elisa too small to care. May bring a babysitter instead.

Need some clarification though. It seems the track is in Holt, FL, that is a good 100 miles away from Panama City. Do y'all really camp in Panama City, and then cruise that far away to race?? Not sure where I'd want to park the RV...

Do they sell racing gas and "giggle gas" there?

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they have an RV park right across the road from the moonspinner,

and it takes us about an hour hour and ahalf to get to the dragway I guess, amtrucker 22 knows for sure, but its well worth the ride, hck we ahve a good time on the ride there:fing02:

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Can anyone with a few minutes do me a HUGE favor?? I'm looking on line for a car-hauling trailer. I need to know how wide the SRT is (outside of wheel to outside of wheel) so I know how wide a deck need be on the trailer. Should only take a minute... oh yea, how bout how long a QC is bumper to bumper?

Thanks!

And found it Tony, many thanks for the advise. http://www.panamacityrvresort.com/resort/index.html
Per Yahoo maps, appears to be 0.31 miles "down the road".

Hey, I found a nice trailer to haul the SRT...
http://www.advantagetrailer.com/p.236/aluminum-motorcycle-and-toy-hauler.aspx

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Can anyone with a few minutes do me a HUGE favor?? I'm looking on line for a car-hauling trailer. I need to know how wide the SRT is (outside of wheel to outside of wheel) so I know how wide a deck need be on the trailer. Should only take a minute... oh yea, how bout how long a QC is bumper to bumper?

Thanks!

And found it Tony, many thanks for the advise. http://www.panamacityrvresort.com/resort/index.html
Per Yahoo maps, appears to be 0.31 miles "down the road".

Hey, I found a nice trailer to haul the SRT...
http://www.advantagetrailer.com/p.236/aluminum-motorcycle-and-toy-hauler.aspx
Tom,
Why wouldn't you drive the truck there? You have the entertainment system now, the kids should be kept entertained with movies. Just curious. nd definitely consider the babysitter. You really don't want your kids around us. There is a crap load of bad language and there is nudity (male and female). But, hell, that's what we go for. To relax and not have to worry about what we say or do.

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Cause we're taking the RV down. It's huge, gets 7mpg. No sense following with the truck for no reason. Why should the wife drive the truck all the way to Florida following behind me when she can be sleeping in the RV, or feeding the girls.

That's why. And just kidding with that trailer. I did find one I like though...
http://www.aluminumtrailer.com/open car haulers

·
Site SUPER Moderator
6,688 Posts
As I promised... I am not missing this one... Ms Peggy and I will be attending... :)

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few things should be explained, one this is one GTG that is not to be missed

we have guys flying in from california, pennsylvania, and west va, even from miami, that attend this GTG

It truly is a very special place, you get to meet people and make a ton of new friends:fing02:

Now.

only a couple rules I strongly enforce, no drinking and driving, and no fighting, and I do strongly enforce those.

but usually friday is track day, saturday is cookout day, some folks get there wednesday, some dont roll in until friday night, so time is not important.

Now, a little friendly advice.

the daytime is pretty laid back, get up when you want, go to bed when you want, no schedule, very very laid back.

during the day, anything may happen, may be go karts, hanging on the beach, or hanging in the pool(jsut watch the viscious trio, santeen can explain)

but now at night , it would be strongly advised no children out after 9pm with the group, most get really laid back, and the "fun" begins, and as long as I have been doing this , going on three years, we have only had one person get out of hand, there is more laughing and carrying on than you can imagine.
but under no circumstances ever take anyone serious, it is all about having the greatest time in the world you can have:fing02:

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
Need some clarification though. It seems the track is in Holt, FL, that is a good 100 miles away from Panama City. Do y'all really camp in Panama City, and then cruise that far away to race?? Not sure where I'd want to park the RV...

Do they sell racing gas and "giggle gas" there?
It is a little bit of a drive (about 1 1/2 or so) but it is a lot cheaper than the closest track (Breakaway) which is about an hour a way. Both tracks are 1/8th mile tracks.

With all that being said, it is all about the people and not so much about the trucks. Of course the trucks are just icing on the cake.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
picture riding 10, 20, 30 deep of srt's running down the road...it's pretty cool...and it don't seem like anything for those that have driven 8, 10, 12+ hours just to get to pcb....

of note: caravans are nice going down to pcb, so if you (tom), sandy, nelson, whomever else is coming down 85...we should try to hook up and roll out...

planning on going, but won't know for sure until it gets closer...hopefully work will be better this year....

·
Premium Member
6,854 Posts
Jenny is due to set the June schedule into stone in about two weeks. After that, it's virtually impossible to change. I am ALL FOR caravaning down to PCB. As of now, we are probably heading down leaving Wednesday morning, but we can change those plans for the sake of the caravan. As of now, our vacation is going to start Wednesday. If everyone decides to go down Thursday, I can stay home and polish the truck more...

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i think we left on thurs....drove all day thurs, partied thurs nite, all day friday, and track day sat, and party sat nite, and drove home on sunday...

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
i think we left on thurs....drove all day thurs, partied thurs nite, all day friday, and track day sat, and party sat nite, and drove home on sunday...
Don't forget about "man eating" crab hunting on saturday.

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
ahh...yes....there was that:D

that....and almost being drowned by mark:D

8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
or getttin floor by 20 guys on top of ya:crying:

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i read it a few times.....and it just doesn't make sense........:shrug:
LOLOL when all the guys piled up on me LOLOL

my ribs been broke so many times they didnt know the difference tho:crying::booty:

·
Premium Member
11,158 Posts
i wasn't privvy to that man-pile;)

sorry, i missed that :D

too busy hitting alisha in the face with a volleyball:eek:

1 - 20 of 235 Posts