SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i will post dyno sheets soon, but i had to get this up asap. i installed a roe racing VEC2, my own dual intake cold air system, removed all 4 cats, used roe racing O2 symulators, made my own cross over pipe & and installed 2 borla sportsman series mufflers (2 1/2") connected to factory tail pipes, and we dynoed here at my buds work (they are a cummings service center with a dyno) and got 492.1hp & 484.7ftlbs. this was after driving it over there-a 20 minute drive, so i guess there was a little heat soak.
headers will help as the hp starts to mimic stock the way it falls off as the exhaust manifold is pretty restricted. i will post more info & pics-i promise soon. :D

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
9 seconds said:
That's some power! Did you just cut out the cats or replace the entire pipe?
i cut out the cats & welded in 2 1/2 muff pipe in their place so that i wouldnt have to duplicate the stock u bends, & evrything would match back up in the stock location. my next project though will be to make an entire system out of 3" stainless. i am going to buy some straight sections, & mandrel bent radius and just tig weld it all a section at a time, all this in preparation for my roe racing blower! :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dude! Get some pics up of that dual intake! That sounds awesome!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Nice #'s boomer. I'm going to have to call your boys at Roe and ask them about that hemi ecm you were talking about. Do you know anything else about it?

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joeykunz said:
Nice #'s boomer. I'm going to have to call your boys at Roe and ask them about that hemi ecm you were talking about. Do you know anything else about it?
it will allow you the ability to do ANYTHING timing & fuel wise, all the way down to 250 rpm increments. i havent even explored all of the things i want to do with it yet. i have a data logging 02 analyzer that i have wired into the exhaust now, so i can get more acurrate basellines for making changes for peak out put. you get 4 cards that look credit cards & you make up programs with your computer and can just stick in a card for whatever situation you are going to encounter. i am working on being a distributor for this product line so let me know if i can help you guys!
it has an anolog output for nos, whatever. they are also working on a charger for the Hemi as well. Hemis will rule the earth (next srt's of course) when roe racing gets everything ready for the Hemi.
let me know if i can help you guys with this stuff-boomer :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yesh, those are some bad ass numbers, makes my 270hp at the tires look pathetic. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great numbers by the way.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a real problem with removing cats to gain power. No offense to you, what-so-ever............ it's just me. I like knowing that my late model vehicles emit next to nothing.

When I modified my '91 Mustang GT ( I know, who cares), I could have gotten the off-road H-pipe for $89. I chose to get the hi-flow cats with H-pipe for $599.

I'm assuming that you do not have emission testing where you are at??? Also, as the ex owner of an auto repair business, I am hoping that you didn't involve any repair shop.............. as that opens them up to a $10,000 fine (per offense).

Not meaning to preach............ I just have pretty strong feelings about that, as I have a 2-year-old (felt the same before).

Back to the subject. I would be curious to see the before and after dyno's. Most of the time when you free up the exhaust alot, you get a decent hp gain at a higher rpm at the expense of low end torque.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm with you, Gal. It doesn't mean a hill of beans environmentally, relatively speaking, if a few folks remove cats. Morally, I couldn't/wouldn't do it, but if you've ever been behind the dorks that burn oil like a chimney, you're probably looking at about 20 de-cated SRTs.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SRTEnvy said:
I'm with you, Gal. It doesn't mean a hill of beans environmentally, relatively speaking, if a few folks remove cats. Morally, I couldn't/wouldn't do it, but if you've ever been behind the dorks that burn oil like a chimney, you're probably looking at about 20 de-cated SRTs.
actually i run the af ratio where it should be & i am sure that a summer cutting grass with your lawn mower does more damage than my srt does in a year.
in closed loop mode it isnt hurting anything.
hell a cow fart does more than a fleet of srt's. this bs is a different thread altogether. please dont start a green argument.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
BOOMER said:
please dont start a green argument.
Boomer,
I think it's just a joke. Check her sig. 5 cars without cats and she's giving a guy with 1 ****.:rolleyes: It doesn't matter if the car came with them or not. Pollution is pollution.

·
Registered
14 Posts
A) I didn't give anyone ****. I just stated my opinion.

B) As I said in my post, what you do with your own vehicle is your perogative. How you choose to justify it is also your perogative.

C) Just how many of my classic vehicles do you think get driven on a daily basis.............. or a monthly basis for that matter (short of starting them now and then)?

D) Yes it does matter if it came with them or not. One way is legal, the other is not. In this day and age it is possible to increase your hp by a large amount, and still keep your vehicle legal.

I am not trying to start a moral arguement here. I was just stating my opinion on the matter. I don't care what brand or model of vehicle you drive or own............. I would have the same opinion.

You are more than welcome to ignore my post, and the subject will not be brought up again. As a matter of fact, I would not have posted again on the subject had I not been berated. I realize that my opinion may not be popular with some. So, consider the subject closed.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
9 seconds said:
Boomer,
I think it's just a joke. Check her sig. 5 cars without cats and she's giving a guy with 1 ****.:rolleyes: It doesn't matter if the car came with them or not. Pollution is pollution.
free the cats! cats have been in repression for long enough!
actually enviromentalists come up with more stupid **** than anyone.
i bet when she fires up that 30's model there aint a bug in 3 zip codes.
i guess i am just morally bankrupt.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
01LightningGal said:
A) I didn't give anyone ****. I just stated my opinion.
When you get in someones face (not literally) expressing a different opinion, it's called giving someone ****.

01LightningGal said:
C) Just how many of my classic vehicles do you think get driven on a daily basis.............. or a monthly basis for that matter (short of starting them now and then)?
Just how much does Boomer driver his SRT? Sounds like you know.

01LightningGal said:
D) Yes it does matter if it came with them or not. One way is legal, the other is not. In this day and age it is possible to increase your hp by a large amount, and still keep your vehicle legal.
I don't think todays 2 year olds are going to care if it was legal pollution or not.

01LightningGal said:
You are more than welcome to ignore my post
Here's how.
Add 01LightningGal to Your Ignore List
Done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
9 seconds said:
When you get in someones face (not literally) expressing a different opinion, it's called giving someone ****.

Just how much does Boomer driver his SRT? Sounds like you know.

I don't think todays 2 year olds are going to care if it was legal pollution or not.

Here's how.
Add 01LightningGal to Your Ignore List
Done.
Wow...........I wouldn't think people of your stature would be so thin skinned??

Whatsup with dat????

You guys get riled up easily by a woman, don't ya???

Ahhhh well........it adds to the comedy at this site. I've lurked for some time now. I was so shocked to find out about you & boomer ;) .........that I also came out of the closet. :eek:

Keep up the good work guyz.
-----------
R.R.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts