SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Anybody know if it is possible to convert the SRT10QC into a 4x4 truck ?
Changes needed ?
Parts cost ?
Labour cost ?
Thanks, Klaus

·
Registered
829 Posts
WOW! If you have enough money anything is possible. Off the of my head you would need a new trans (or custom mainshaft), output housing, transfer case, front and rear drive shafts, complete front diff and axle assembly, and every front suspension piece. And that's if it would clear the oil pan. It would be easier to convert a regular 4x4 Ram into a SRT-10 but we don't condone that here :D

·
Registered
447 Posts
Stingray said:
It would be easier to convert a regular 4x4 Ram into a SRT-10...
Agreed. Changing engine mounts and transmission setup would be a bit easier....but still a very pricey way to go 4x4.

A Hemi QC 4X4 with a bunch of go-fast equipment additions would be the way I'd go.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'd buy the new Ford f150...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for your replys !

1) I am getting the SRT10QC - thats for sure !

2) No way I would buy a Ford :)

3) womsterr : Which one of the 4x4 are you refering too: The truck or the quad on the bed ? :)))
If it is the quad, I dont need it . I allready goy a Yamaha 660 "Grissly" 4x4 quad - the biggest you can have from Yamaha.
If I get cought in snow or mud with my SRT10QC - I just use my Grissly and the 10 ton winch mounted on her - the pair havet lost a game yet ... :)

Thanks, Klaus

·
Banned
1,977 Posts
Klaus said:
If I get cought in mud with my SRT10QC - I just use my Grissly and the 10 ton winch mounted on her - the pair havet lost a game yet ... :)

Thanks, Klaus
Dude, if you get that thing stuck in the mud, at least be sure to take some pictures for us! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

·
Registered
189 Posts
wombie, if i wasnt buying a diesel, i would buy your truck in an instant. i have a QC 4x4 Hemi with the stock 20's right now. its black as well, but only the SLT Package

·
Registered
599 Posts
Droopy said:

because it is as stupid as buying the srt-10 and wanting to make it 4x4.

Hell buy the Chevy SS its' awd, and slap a blower on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wikdsvt said:
Hell buy the Chevy SS its' awd, and slap a blower on it.
Except you're now comparing apples to moon rocks.
The SS doesn't come in QC (extended cab only).

And even with the blower being "slapped" on it, it'll probably still be short in the HP and TQ departments.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts