SRT10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been running 8.4-8.6's at 82-85mph with the 125shot. but i was missing second and third gear miserably. even if i left it in drive.

so i borrowed my cousins superchips programmer 2days after he got it. installed it and changed nothing but the rev limiter and top speed.

only got one run. 7.9something @87mph. went back a month later, with same thing. ran 7.86 @90exactly. that was on stock tuning. and 87octane fuel.

now im running 93octane performance tune, and will run 103 unleaded at the track.

may even bump up my nitrous jet and leave the fuel the same. i was running 9-1a/f ratio on the dyno.

needs leaned out. has 57/35 nitrous/fuel jets now. may step up to 63-64 nitrous and leave the 35 fuel and see what it does. a friend dynoed a 60/32 and made 115hp.

so i should make around 125 true hp with the combo i mentioned. can we say LOW 7's if i hook.

·
Registered
70 Posts
any time slips??? didnt you post this three weeks ago on dtw and a few guys asked for time slips and you never put them up .....whats up with that??? if you can put pictures up then you can post your time slips......dont post your cousins chevy trucks time slips that runs 7.8s in the 1/8 mile.....i know what a hemi on nitrous time slip looks like.........last time at the track with a member from dtw your best 1/8 time was 8.67 with the 125hp jets in a 8.67 1/8 mile run is a 13.5 run in the 1/4 mile a 7.87 run in the 1/8 mile is a 12.3 in the 1/4 mile........thats 1.2 seconds you droped in the 1/4 mile with the same nitrous jets.....please post your time slips.......what was your 60ft with your stock tires????

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Alberta-SRT said:
I thought a Superchips programmer was only good for 1 vehicle?
Don't have one myself so correct me if I'm wrong.
me too. otherwise they would never sell any-they would all be borrowed. something smells here.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You can use the SC on more than one vehicle, BUT, the first vehicle would have to return their's to the stock setting. You can not use it on 2 at a time.

But, more importantly than that, you say you are missing 2nd and 3rd gear???
How is that possible, all 03 1500's with the 5.7L came with the 5 speed auto only. Have you changed transmissions? It's not on your list of mods.
It is possible to bump the rev limiter w/out the TCM mod,
but you are not missing gears, thats a little misleading.

·
Registered
105 Posts
stinker said:
mark i think someone may be sniffing race fuel too much :D
:D :p :D :p :D :p

Well, his current times sound about right for N2O runs.

Anyways..his truck seems to be fast, it's just the way it is worded
that causes the bs flag to be raised.

ANd I finally made the connection to the other board

He has lots of pics and stuff at DTW....and a kewl truck.
I hope he does not mind .....
http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.com/mygallery.ten?id=5459

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Someone must be espanol or howerver you spell that. DTW? that must be the other world of dodge, anyway you still going to the village this weekend? What time is good to get there? By the way do you know if anyone has made a programmer for the 04 hemi? Probably doesnt matter though i think my wife is going to get a qc srt this spring, and sell the hemi. I like the vp mr9 myself for sniffing used to like nutec but it gelled up bad in my lungs and caused my heart valvles to stick, had to quit that brand lollllooollloolllllloll oops sniffing again :D Can't wait for the underground to get my vec 2 and for the headers to come in, sittin on 440hp now should be interesting!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I will try to make it..I'll check in on the other thread early Saturday
and post for sure.

I think Hypertech just released their programmer,
and some reviews are starting to come in on the other boards.

I edited my post above and added a link...hope that helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the tranny was missing the gears. it would hit the rev limiter before it shifts. like it does if you nail it in the rain.

i have no scanner to scan the slips. and my digicam is to cheap to get good pictures. so i will just let everyone call crap untill i get some video. im just telling people about it.

hopefully i will get to borrow a friends camera this weekend and go to the track on sunday.

btw, my 60ft was 1.990. it was almost all motor

·
Registered
180 Posts
8sec03ram said:
btw, my 60ft was 1.990. it was almost all motor
Not dissin your run, but I can't help myself with your wording, almost all motor, is like saying barely pregnant. Either it is or it's not. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i sprayed right at the last of the 60' that is what i mean.

·
Registered
105 Posts
D Davis said:
Not dissin your run, but I can't help myself with your wording, almost all motor, is like saying barely pregnant. Either it is or it's not. :D
8sec03ram said:
i sprayed right at the last of the 60' that is what i mean.
so you sprayed for 600 feet of 660 foot run. thats all power adder,
no where near all motor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong or maybe just hopeful, but there may be a chance he's telling the truth. I guess I'm more hopeful than anything else.

Can anyone tell me how much improvement one can expect changing to 4.56 gears?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts