SRT10 Forum banner

85 MPH Speed Limiter on Cruise Control

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Roktman 
#1 ·
Anyone know if this can be programmed out?

#4 ·
He he hammer down bro. :) Naw, not 154,maybe 95-100 on straight stretches with no traffic.I went to Checkmate to have the tonneau cover put on and there was a straight 136 mile stint on the Wendall Ford Highway @ 0400 in the morning.......

Probably wouldn`t spend $300.00 on it though.ThankSS for the input guys.

#6 ·
I know ,Brendan Gaughan in the #77 Kodak/Jasper Dodge Cup car. :)

#7 ·
Roktman said:
I know ,Brendan Gaughan in the #77 Kodak/Jasper Dodge Cup car. :)
The roktman must be a Nascar fan!! I knew there was something special about you ;) LOL besides your two awesome hotrods!!! :D My driver got all burned up this weekend. :(

I havent even tried the cruise control yet!

patrick

#8 ·
You got that right Patrick! My favorite driver is Jr. too.THAT was real scary.I thought he was a goner.

I actually root for Gaughan now too since I bought my truck....go figure?

#9 ·
Dear Roktman,

Just in case some Newbies are reading this and don't understand your reference, I did want to clarify for anyone that may have had some confusion, that the Production Truck ,Land Speed Record was done in a bone stock , Red SRT-10 , right off the assembly line. Brendan ripped off that speed with absolutely no aids, including even folding in the mirrors. The truck is often on display at various MoPar shows and it is still being driven. The top of the engine is signed by many of those involved , including Brendan.

Only discussing this point as your note may have been interpreted by a new owner as having been done in his race truck, though you and I know this wouldn't really make sense. Thanks for your input and giving Brendan his due - he is really liked by the SRT guys!!

#10 ·
Write on Bill. Yep ,broke the former record of the Lightning of like 147 or 148 I think.

The Dodge is capable of a lot more if lowered and a hard tonneau installed along with a proper aero package.It has the HP to push it 165+IMHO. :)

#11 ·
Roktman said:
You got that right Patrick! My favorite driver is Jr. too.THAT was real scary.I thought he was a goner.

I actually root for Gaughan now too since I bought my truck....go figure?

Funny thing Dave I have been rooting for Brendan as well since he landed he record....Ya just gotta love the driver of the hotrod dodge srt-10 record breaker!! Unfortinaty he seems to crash a lot. Ryan Newman is ok as well in my book. He seems very level headed even in the heat of battle. Cant stand hotheads like T Stewart!! Didnt like what he did at the last race to K Kahne.

Did you catch any of that Nascar 360 show on FX earlier this year? I thought it was very cool. Wow Jr's new girlfriend was super smoking!!! I love those behind the scenes deals, I find them very entertaining.

Clarifying is always good Bill. I had heard that when the L went for the record they let them fold the mirrors in and remove the antena ( not sure how much that one helps) Ours they did not! Nice touch.

Thread is about cruise control.. Still haven tried it yet>>>> I got 328 miles now fellas. Its getting closer....

#12 ·
Yea Patrick I agree on the Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart thing.I can`t believe I root or a Dodge.Oh well,that`s what a hot rod truck will do for you.

I missed the special on Jr. I did see one on VH1 over the winter that was cool.Imagine that ,him having a good lookin` babe.LOL

#13 ·
Yeah I saw the vh1 show too. The thing about Jr. is he comes across like a regular guy....he doesnt have "I am superstar attitude" like a lot of people with fame money and power have. He seems like one of your buddies just normal. Well come to think of it my friends arent normal at all!!LOL :p

#14 ·
Did you guys hear about the latest promotion Budweiser is doing with little E. Basically you get to hang out with him the whole day on the day of the race (pit passes, garages, even his personal motor coach) and then on the warm up laps of the race you get to have a barbeque. :D They're callin it "BBQ with DEI!"

#15 ·
Two words ...7 letters...Way Cool. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.