SRT10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
If its anything like the hydro clutch on a bike, then I know exactly what you're talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
Hows the clutch holding up 9?
We got ours in and its pretty good so far. It's not as hard as we were expecting it too. But its definitly gripier than the stock one. So far, so good. I'm doing track runs soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
I never got it to work. Might have been the slave cylinder but I didn't have time before a race to try it out. I put in the new slave with the old clutch. I've got a couple of months to try the clutch again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
easy way to bleed?

9 seconds said:
I never got it to work. Might have been the slave cylinder but I didn't have time before a race to try it out. I put in the new slave with the old clutch. I've got a couple of months to try the clutch again.
hey 9 is there a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder itself on the tranny? havent looked myself, but if there is i know an easy way to bleed it. we have hydro. clutches on our bikes and we sell a kit that is basically a big hypo-syringe & it has an attachment with a hollow bleeder bolt. you screw in the syringe which is filled with the fluid, & you push the air & fluid from the slave cylinder up to the resevoir. air rises on its own & this makes bleeding a clutch a 2 minute 1 man job. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
BOOMER said:
hey 9 is there a bleeder screw on the slave cylinder itself on the tranny? havent looked myself, but if there is i know an easy way to bleed it. we have hydro. clutches on our bikes and we sell a kit that is basically a big hypo-syringe & it has an attachment with a hollow bleeder bolt. you screw in the syringe which is filled with the fluid, & you push the air & fluid from the slave cylinder up to the resevoir. air rises on its own & this makes bleeding a clutch a 2 minute 1 man job. :cool:
Yep. Just like bleeding the brakes. I put a couple of bottles of fluid through it myself in addition to what the mechanic did. No luck. But, a failing slave is what most people, including some Viper tuners/techs suggested was the problem. I just didn't have time to try twice so I took the safe route and went back to the old stuff. Air in the Viper clutch is not rare and neither is slave failure. Dan Cragen (DC Performance), 12 year Viper tech, said he has seen slave cyinders fail while trying to bleed the air from them. The MOPAR parts clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are shipped fluid filled. No bleeding is required with the dry dissconnects.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,891 Posts
9 seconds said:
Yep. Just like bleeding the brakes. I put a couple of bottles of fluid through it myself in addition to what the mechanic did. No luck. But, a failing slave is what most people, including some Viper tuners/techs suggested was the problem. I just didn't have time to try twice so I took the safe route and went back to the old stuff. Air in the Viper clutch is not rare and neither is slave failure. Dan Cragen (DC Performance), 12 year Viper tech, said he has seen slave cyinders fail while trying to bleed the air from them. The MOPAR parts clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder are shipped fluid filled. No bleeding is required with the dry dissconnects.

Steve
who makes the slave cylinders? quick disconnects are a sure fire way to cause bleeding nightmares. i know from racing experience. is there anyother possiblites on a different slave? i know from the heat that our race bikes endure we started to run ATF in the slave system system, as it wouldnt brake down from the heat & wasnt so prone to moisture etc.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top